No Gold Refund for Rankdown?

Is this correct? Pretty sure I remember getting gold back the last time rankdown tickets were given out. Did that change this time around or is something not working right?

cphgj4zzy8nq.jpg

Comments

  • Yeah they told us that
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    The gold helped us so they removed that specific feature. The iso as well it helped us... anything that helps well bye, am I right kabam?
  • Sp3edD3m0nSp3edD3m0n Posts: 90
    The gold helped us so they removed that specific feature. The iso as well it helped us... anything that helps well bye, am I right kabam?

    How is them not giving you gold that bad? What are you ranking down a 4r5 to 4r4? Thats 110k in gold or less if your ranking champs lower than that. You can get that gold in the medium halls of fortune. You really dont understand the reason they gave out rank down tickets or their value.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,460 ★★★★
    I just like the chance to rank down drax for sl as 5*. Drax was better prestige but not getting gold back was fine with me since they gave them out and there were no nerfs
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    well here's the other thing, if you're short gold, you can rank down now and save gold to rank up later. the RDTs are
    flexible.

    as for making sense, not everybody is short gold. so if a certain percentage of the player base is short on gold, that's an issue mutually exclusive from RDTs.
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    So the gold realm wasn't good enough? They have been very generous with what they gave us this month. Be happy with what you got. It's like someone gives you $5 and you are unhappy because you wanted $10. Everyone upset about not getting ISO and Gold from RDT's needs to be happy with what they got.

    Dude that's my point.....You give us The gold real because we were complaining about gold shortage and then you come up with a compensation where we lose gold if we chose to use them?????? Where's the logic behind that my brother?!?!

    So if I'm dying from starvation and you give me water, I should try to eat the water and not complain about it!! gotcha!!!! cause if I complain, people are going to think im a baby for wanting food when Im hungry!!! LOL

    Im with you at a %100...people complain all the time even after getting free stuff, its annoying!! This just doesn't make any sense for me!!!! I will need to sacrifice Gold to take advantage of another "compensation"

  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    420sam wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.

    I will have to check that out, I wasn't under the impression that they released this for the shortage. I will double check that, thank you for pointing this out!

  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    well here's the other thing, if you're short gold, you can rank down now and save gold to rank up later. the RDTs are
    flexible.

    as for making sense, not everybody is short gold. so if a certain percentage of the player base is short on gold, that's an issue mutually exclusive from RDTs.

    Agreed!!!!!!
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    The gold helped us so they removed that specific feature. The iso as well it helped us... anything that helps well bye, am I right kabam?

    I get your point of view but I don't agree with that!!! Kabam giving those RDTs this month doesn't give any power to your statement!!! They really didn't have to give them to us and they did!! Bravo Kabam!!! I said it in a few other post before, my hat goes off to Kabam for the last 2 months!! a few server issues but very rewarding last 2 months!!!
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.

    I will have to check that out, I wasn't under the impression that they released this for the shortage. I will double check that, thank you for pointing this out!

    It says right here that it is a part of their Holiday celebration. Not sure why you would be under the impression that it is their way of addressing the gold shortage that some players have. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39013/2017-holiday-celebration-halls-of-healing-halls-of-fortune-gifting-event-holiday-calendar#latest
  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.

    I will have to check that out, I wasn't under the impression that they released this for the shortage. I will double check that, thank you for pointing this out!

    It says right here that it is a part of their Holiday celebration. Not sure why you would be under the impression that it is their way of addressing the gold shortage that some players have. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39013/2017-holiday-celebration-halls-of-healing-halls-of-fortune-gifting-event-holiday-calendar#latest

    Thank you!!! Because apparently I lost my mind in between Valor last month and all new contents this month!! Too much grinding not enough sleeping!! Thank you again! This helps a lot! I knew it had something to do with gold shortage somehow!! I know Im crazy, but not that crazy!

  • WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.

    I will have to check that out, I wasn't under the impression that they released this for the shortage. I will double check that, thank you for pointing this out!

    It says right here that it is a part of their Holiday celebration. Not sure why you would be under the impression that it is their way of addressing the gold shortage that some players have. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39013/2017-holiday-celebration-halls-of-healing-halls-of-fortune-gifting-event-holiday-calendar#latest

    Thank you!!! Because apparently I lost my mind in between Valor last month and all new contents this month!! Too much grinding not enough sleeping!! Thank you again! This helps a lot! I knew it had something to do with gold shortage somehow!! I know Im crazy, but not that crazy!

    Dude, apparently I am crazy!!! Forget my last message, Need to sleep!!

  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    That's the thing though, the halls of fortune and gold boost were not due to gold shortages. They were anniversary rewards. To think they were to address some other situation is incorrect because they have released both before as anniversary events.

    I will have to check that out, I wasn't under the impression that they released this for the shortage. I will double check that, thank you for pointing this out!

    It says right here that it is a part of their Holiday celebration. Not sure why you would be under the impression that it is their way of addressing the gold shortage that some players have. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/39013/2017-holiday-celebration-halls-of-healing-halls-of-fortune-gifting-event-holiday-calendar#latest

    Thank you!!! Because apparently I lost my mind in between Valor last month and all new contents this month!! Too much grinding not enough sleeping!! Thank you again! This helps a lot! I knew it had something to do with gold shortage somehow!! I know Im crazy, but not that crazy!

    It has nothing to do with the gold shortage. You're completely out in left field. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I don't see it as a "penalty." Its more the case that these RDTs return catalysts, but not the other costs of rank up. So you can recover expensive catalysts with them, but you still need to spend gold and ISO to rank back up. I don't see that as a penalty per se, as the RDTs are offering something you otherwise cannot get: a second chance to spend cats.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,460 ★★★★
    Who cares about the gold. That can be easily obtained compared to the catalysts you can get back from a rank 4 5*
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I don't see it as a "penalty." Its more the case that these RDTs return catalysts, but not the other costs of rank up. So you can recover expensive catalysts with them, but you still need to spend gold and ISO to rank back up. I don't see that as a penalty per se, as the RDTs are offering something you otherwise cannot get: a second chance to spend cats.

    different perspective, same lens i guess. as far as i'm concerned, needing to spend gold and iso is certainly a penalty as compared to the old RDTs that gave back everything.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 9,824 ★★★★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Yes I agree that we tend to complain regardless of the situation but here's my 2 cents on this:
    How many times did you read a thread that mentioned gold shortage for the last few months?
    Kabam offers the 20% gold boost and "halls of fortune" recently to balance that out (amazing, thank you)! Why are you shorting us with gold when using RDTs, I feel like we are going backwards....its only 3 RDTs, not a big deal, but don't see the logic behind it!!

    Overall, love those RDTs Kabam, thank you!!

    because RDTs should have a penalty. in and of themselves, they're the most OP item that kabam has introduced to date, and to be able to use RDTs with impunity contributes to that OP-ness.

    I agree with you!!! *5 AG and RDTs are the best items in the game and see your point of how we should have a penalty!!!! However, it seems like a bad timing when they acknowledge our need for gold and short us if we use RDTs....kinda doesn't make sense to me!!!

    So the gold realm wasn't good enough? They have been very generous with what they gave us this month. Be happy with what you got. It's like someone gives you $5 and you are unhappy because you wanted $10. Everyone upset about not getting ISO and Gold from RDT's needs to be happy with what they got.

    Dude that's my point.....You give us The gold real because we were complaining about gold shortage and then you come up with a compensation where we lose gold if we chose to use them?????? Where's the logic behind that my brother?!?!

    So if I'm dying from starvation and you give me water, I should try to eat the water and not complain about it!! gotcha!!!! cause if I complain, people are going to think im a baby for wanting food when Im hungry!!! LOL

    Im with you at a %100...people complain all the time even after getting free stuff, its annoying!! This just doesn't make any sense for me!!!! I will need to sacrifice Gold to take advantage of another "compensation"

    @WhatRYou "notyourmom" said it right. Neither the gold realm nor the RDT's were compensation for anything. The gold realm was planned. They did the same thing last year for the holidays. The RDT's were "just because". Most likely because the forums are non-stop about asking for RDT's. They made a mistake by giving these out IMO. They weren't like last time so people are mad. They gave us only 3 so people are mad. They expire, so people are mad. They were a awesome surprise but the people that play this game can't just accept a awesome gift and be happy. There always has to be more.
Sign In or Register to comment.