**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T1 Alpha debacle

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    To quantify that I just mean a couple extra available per week, I don't think we should be expected to spend most of our glory on t1alphas at this stage in the game. And i note you didn't answer my question, do you honssetly think it should be the norm that we have to play all 4 difficulties of eq every month for t1as?
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    CoatHang3r wants to win this debate the way he won the debate about the t1a shortage.

Oh wait, he lost that one when kabam lowered the glory costs for t1a.

Just stop. Everyone’s tired of the contrarian nonsense.
    That’s funny because if you paid attention I wanted more t1a but argued against the nonsense people were spouting. The resolution you claim as a win was one of my main points for acquisition of t1a, through glory. If you think glory was a win so be it but it was a compromise if you think the debate is what motivated change. Enjoy your more t1a glad I was part of the resolution.

You really are hilarious harping on this t1a thing when my argument was there was plenty of t1a for what people said they wanted. Did you notice how my main point of t1a availibity via glory is what changed? It was made cheaper to purchase, there was not an increase in supply just a reduction in cost. The delusion portrayed in your unwavering desire to win a battle you have to this point lost is highly amusing.

I just found this from him on a “Nerf Blade” topic. Yup, he’s supporting a nerf. I think this case is closed. Lol
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Funny, let me ask this another way. How much t1a do you want/need/demand/are short of; feel free to use @Speeds80 s reply as a template.
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Honestly coathanger, IMO it should be a throwaway resource like it used to be, t4bs would be the bottleneck seriously altering bugger all in 'the divide' and we would be able to rank 5*s to r2 and you know...get to use them in some form of the game
    T1a is available at that same rate today, the difference is you are earning more t4b to combine with that t1a and at the same time earning more champions to use those materials on so they are no longer throw away items.

@CoatHang3r your quoted above wanting more. Your trolling is now exxxxxxxxxposed. Come on man. Smh
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    I know it's available at the same rate however 5*s are available at a completely different rate and looking increasingly more available. As are t2as and t4cs as of uncollected eq..... again in answering your questions... mine are going unanswered
    @Nerfed2Def You are misrepresenting my position, where have I said I do not want more or that I do not have enough?
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I know it's available at the same rate however 5*s are available at a completely different rate and looking increasingly more available. As are t2as and t4cs as of uncollected eq..... again in answering your questions... mine are going unanswered
    Yeah sorry I did respond just never posted due to the length. In short, Yes you should grind all available sources of t1a if you want a lot of t1a.
    Moneygrab wrote: »
    Personally I’m in a top 100 ally and EVERY person in it has t1a problems. If you don’t that’s great but I know many many who do. So u can argue about it all you want but that won’t change the fact there is a shortage of it. The amount it takes to rank 5 stars are too high and needs to be reduced period. When u get a 4 star champ the first thing you do is 3/30 it. It should be the same for 5 stars. Bringing it to rank 2 shouldn’t be an issue but it is.
    5*s come out of the box at the power equivalent of a 3/30 with zero catalysts used.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    What’s the point of a champ if it’s going to stay at rank 1 forever? Why even release it ?

I think that just lowering the T1A cost of a rank 2 5* in line with the equivalent rank 4 4* (as that’s all it is, essentially) would appease a lot of people.

Except for the odd person who just likes arguing for the sake of arguing.
    What’s the point of a champ if it’s going to stay at rank 1 forever? Why even release it ?
    All my 5s could be r2 or better but I choose to take some to r3 and r4.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I’ve never had an alpha problem until I took up 2 5* to rank 4 this past week (gives me 4 rank 4 5* now). I’m okay with being short on them after that many rank ups. I have over 30 5* but I’m not going to rank every single one unless I just happen to have extra laying around. I’m fine with the majority of my 5* at rank 1 and I don’t use alphas on 4* anymore since there aren’t any I want to take up past rank 2
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    The alpha thing is bizarre. Its the only case of needing two teirs of the same type cat to rank a champ. As such as you advance in game the need for alphas doesnt become less like other rank up material, it grows exponentially.

And yet kabam removed them from basic aq rewards for advanced players. Again its a resource that is always needed and in increasing numbers. So taking it away to replace with other relevant rank up materials is a backwards step. Like ranking the number should go up as additional rewards are added.

Some ideas to recitfy. Take away alphas as required materials for rank 3-4 and 4-5 on 5 stars. Add alphas back to aq rewards on an increased scale along with existing rewards. The addition in master of 3 alphas was a good move, but needs to be more. Its 5 to rank a single level on a 5*. So 5 should be miniunim. Create an uncollected catalyst alpha arena that rewards x5 alphas- the relative equivalent of a single for an early stage player. And finally have a daily alpha cataylst quest. Again possibly limited to the uncollected title.

All of these changes aren’t necessary but any number of combinations can solve the problem. The uncollected title was a brilliant addition to the game and has been utilized well so far. This is another area it can be used to address an issue without devaluing an important resource for those in the early stages of play.
    My god look at the trolls. There always here and on every thread. Most impressive commitment. Those trying to make a counter argument mind posting your game info? I’d like to see what your strategy has brought you. Thanks
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Anyone going to answer the question? At what rate do you think you should be earning t1a?

There should be a proving grounds for them that would award at least 2 per week, maybe 3. T1a shouldn't be the main use of glory for end game players, they should be focussing on t2a instead. I don't mind buy 3 a week with glory, but 5 is ridiculous. I also see no issue with taking all 5* to r2, same as taking 4* to r3 for arena. Those are just my opinions, and I see it as natural progression for where the game is headed with 6*s
    Not sure what our profiles have to do with the validity of our arguments but I’m sure you’ll find some way to manipulate what you see to fit some narrative you think evidences something. I’m up for seeing how that goes.

Here are my 4s and 5s from about a month ago, maybe I should take a capture today to showcase the changes over that period of time...

https://imgur.com/a/YVlx5
    https://imgur.com/a/hH2IK
  • IMWeaselIMWeasel Posts: 80
    My idea was to upgrade lesser and greater crystals to uncollected greater and lesser crystals with no experience boosts and more t1a shards/chances
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Not sure what our profiles have to do with the validity of our arguments but I’m sure you’ll find some way to manipulate what you see to fit some narrative you think evidences something. I’m up for seeing how that goes.

Here are my 4s and 5s from about a month ago, maybe I should take a capture today to showcase the changes over that period of time...

https://imgur.com/a/YVlx5
    https://imgur.com/a/hH2IK

I don’t think it’s anything to do with your profile, I think people are just struggling to comprehend your pathological devotion to maintaining T1A scarcity, as a fellow player, in a thread which was simply highlighting the shortage. You gain absolutely nothing from taking this position other than, I can only assume, the satisfaction of repeatedly making the counter argument.

Whatever floats your boat, but there is an obvious reason why you consistently find yourself in the minority share of the argument.

If a whole bunch of players want to ask for T1As, and it makes not one jot of difference to you as a player, other than to benefit you, then why not consider taking a well earned break from derailing the thread every chance you get?
    In my view, which I’m free to have btw, an echo chamber is not productive and can actually inhibit resolution as the “problem” might not be easily understood by those discussing it without someone to air counter arguments or offer evidence that contradicts what is offered by others. If you look closely at this thread I left it alone until someone stepped in to say that anyone with a contrary opinion should be disregarded and labeled as destructive to the topic. It was then when someone attempted to close the discussion off to other that it became IMO relevant to say something.

I’m not for maintaining t1a scarcity at all, that is a misrepresentation of what you perceive my posts to convey and not congruent with what I’ve stated.

People are so caught up on proving a shortage they don’t even know what it is they want other than more. It helps to have a goal other than “gimmie moar now!” But people seem reluctant to quantify what they actually want and ignore what they actually have available to them. It comes off as unfettered greed.

Threads are derailed when the become about the posters rather than the topic. How about you turn that mirror onto yourself.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    This is what I’m getting reading this

I want more t1a but I don’t want to do anything to get em
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Funny, let me ask this another way. How much t1a do you want/need/demand/are short of; feel free to use @Speeds80 s reply as a template.

Personally I think t1 alphas should be plentiful, it doesn’t need to be a limiting resource, as we already have limiting resources for four and five stars.

If a player is at a point where they are trying to max four stars, then they have enough t1 alphas already, and they are limited by t4cc and t4b.

If a player is at a point where they’re ranking a five star, then they are limited by t2 alphas to get to rank 4 and higher, and to a lesser extent limited by t4cc.

It seems like you’ve been arguing from the point of getting absolutely every t1 alpha in game. Unfortunately, a lot of people aren’t in alliances that reach t1 alpha milestones in arena grinding. So if someone falls short of your projected max t1 alpha gain in a month, they are ranking about 1 five star character per month, and that’s being careful with ranking four stars even to rank 3 just bc they can’t afford giving up the 1 t1 alphas.

It doesn’t make sense for the game to limit the ability to rank plenty of five stars to rank 2 or 3 and/or rank 4 stars to 3 and 4. There are already limiting resources to gain the high power levels of four and five stars. You want people gaining characters and being able to progress them a little bit, and if you want to approach the very high power levels for each star rating that’s where the limiting resources come in. Don’t understand why it’s good for the game to introduce the opportunity to gain more 5 stars (as 6 stars will be introduced) but not have the ability to freely rank those characters 1 or 2 ranks.
    @Mhykke

I can argue from the point of getting limited t1a but it’s been done in other threads. IIRC a fairly actively alliance who will be regularly acquiring 5s can earn roughly 20 t1a month missing out on most of the arena events. 20 t1a is not ranking 1 five star and a couple fours. Thats ranking 3 5s and ~5 4s with t1a per month. However it has to be noted that players who want to earn more t1a and rank more champions are ignoring a large portion or available t1a by sticking with alliances who are not interested in playing for thier resources.

That’s faster than was ever possible in the game previously due to t4b being the bottle neck which is why you hear about overflowing t1a in the past. It’s faster than I was able to rank my champions for competition. It takes time to build the rosters people are demanding.

Strategic ranking and resource management is one reason for limiting resources. Another is to stretch out the time investment as that’s one of the main goals of the free to play model. Players can freely level thier 5s and rank early 4s but must make decisions once higher end resources come into play.

@Hulk_77
    Those numbers are highly misleading as you need to factor in the rate at which you acquire the materials and 5*s past r3 require materials (t2a and t5b) that come at a rate so slow it’s ridiculous to factor the rate in comparison if you are comparing to 4*s.

With spending 1660 glory per AQ cycle (1 t4b, 2 t1a) The rate you can easily acquire t4b is .5 per day; t1a is .7 per day; T4c at the high end is .125 per day and low end .09 per day. To earn enough t4cc to 5/50 or 3/45 at the low end is 33 days and 24 days at the high end.

Over the 24 days for t4cc at the high end you’ll earn 12 t4b and 16 t1a.

Over the 33 days for t4cc at the low end you’ll earn 16.5 t4b and 23 t1a.

It takes 8 t4b, 4 t1a and 3 t4cc to 5/50.

It takes 6 t4b, 10 t1a and 3 t4cc to 3/45.

Simply put the ratio you earn the materials per day is.
    .5 T4b, .7 t1a .09 t4cc
    The ratio you spend the materials per day is
    Per 5/50 .25 T4b, .12 t1a .09 t4cc
    Per 3/45 .18 T4b .30 t1a .09 t4cc

Notice how much less you spend per day than you earn while ranking to 5/50 or 3/45.
    Since a portion of the materials are purchased via glory you can adjust the ratio earned to spent to better line up with your individual goals. At the higher end you have even more glory available to tweak the acquisition ratios. There is plenty of income left for luxury ranks ups for r2 as 5s and r4 as 4/40s.

Anyways this will all change soon enough with the next season of AQ.
  • FrenchyPantsFrenchyPants Posts: 26
    I think the rate would be fine if five stars needed 3 per level rather than 5 or 6.

Or if they would add them to more things. Like if uncollected quest gave you 1 per board of exploration. Since anyone doing uncollected likely needs t1a they should have a good pile in that difficulty.
  • Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I currently have about 20 T4 basics and several 5*’s I could rank up to 2, 3 and 4. But I only have 4 T1 alphas. Sooooooo, yeah I need alphas ...lol
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

@Hulk_77
    Those numbers are highly misleading as you need to factor in the rate at which you acquire the materials and 5*s past r3 require materials (t2a and t5b) that come at a rate so slow it’s ridiculous to factor the rate in comparison if you are comparing to 4*s.

I completely disagree with you. The numbers are the numbers. They are factual. The t1a cost between 4* to 5* went up at a much greater rate than other "more rare" materials. It is a nonsensical farce. You only need to factor in all of the things you are factoring in if you want to build a man of straw to defend what is clearly a poor policy wrought of poor decision making.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    If anyone thinks we have enough t1a right now they are at a very low level of the game. I quit ranking up 4 stars a long time ago with rare exception. In spite of that I now have 28 or 29t4b to go with 6 t1a and I buy 5 t1a a week with glory.

The lack of any acknowledgement by Kabam on this and multiple other threads on the same topic shows how out of touch they are.

Serves no purpose to constrain rank ups to 2 and 3 for 5 stars and makes the game less fun. I’ll be selling t4b later this month because there is no way I’ll be able to use them.
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

@Hulk_77

I completely disagree with you. The numbers are the numbers. They are factual. The t1a cost between 4* to 5* went up at a much greater rate than other "more rare" materials. It is a nonsensical farce. You only need to factor in all of the things you are factoring in if you want to build a man of straw to defend what is clearly a poor policy wrought of poor decision making.
    The numbers are the numbers on that we can agree. I understand you would need to disagree on considering the rate at which the game provides the materials or your flawed argument falls flat.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Love how everyone is giving @C0atHang3r sh!t instead of coming up with a way to make t1 alphas more accessible.

I mean don't just moan about it; think of a solution or at least say something noteworthy.

Idiots

I did that pages back. They should be in map 5 crystals, same as they are in map 3 and 4 crystals, especially considering that map 5 players need as many or more than map 3 and 4 players. It’s not rocket science.