**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

KABAM......WILL BLADE BE NERFED?

13»

Comments

• Tru_ETru_E Posts: 23
    Anyone that says Blade doesn’t need to be looked at are the same people who can’t play the game without him. He is a clutch in the game, now im not saying flat out nerf the guy but he needs to be reworked somewhat for sure. There is a reason why half the community is saving for him in February...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Blade is the only champion in the game that can prevent passive degeneration, starburst, and heal block this makes him highly valuable and will need to be a staple of end game players rosters which is exactly why we had the nerfs of 12.0, PB, etc. End of story.

Yes and no. To the point: MMO developers do not nerf things because players think they are OP, because players say they are OP, because players complain they are OP, or even because they themselves think its OP. They do so when they have datamined metrics that violate their internal constraints that define what OP is.

There's no argument of the form "X is really important and really unique" that MMO devs really care about all that much. If Blade is so overwhelmingly overpowered that he begins to dominate their internal statistics like Scarlet Witch probably did, then the devs will act. First by adding champs that counter Blade, then shifting content in a direction that favors other champions, and then as a last resort they'll hit him with the nerf hammer.

Separate from that, there's no such thing as keeping an OP champion a secret from the devs by not talking about it. The devs have internal datamining reports that tell them everything we collectively do in every part of the game. Its only a secret if *we* don't know about it, and thus can't do it often in the game. If all the top players start running over all of the content with Blade to the exclusion of all other champions, the devs will know it.

But honestly I don't think Blade is sufficiently overpowering in enough areas of the game to show up statistically like that. Scarlet Witch was super strong almost everywhere, and so strong she was the go-to choice even when not necessary. That made her probably stand out in the datamining reports like a supernova. Blade might be really good in the few places other champs are not in situations that the top players confront more often than other players, but that wouldn't be enough to ordinarily make Blade stand out across the entire game. Blade is really valuable because he fills a hole. Scarlet Witch didn't fill a hole. Scarlet Witch picked up the game and threw it down a hole. In terms of datamining statistics, as strong and valuable as Blade is he is probably closer to Iron Patriot than 11.0 Scarlet Witch.

People arguing over what Blade's capabilities are are completely missing the point. The devs don't nerf based on what Blade *can* do. They only nerf if he breaks the game in actual fact, by actual players doing actual things that show the players are using him more than anything else to do more than anything else far outside what is reasonable across the game. If Blade doesn't do that, no argument will get him nerfed. If Blade does do that, no argument will save him from being nerfed.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I would say nice try but your counter argument to Blade being able to bypass critical nodes is that “there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities” and you’ve listed one that can bypass stun immune and zero that can bypass healblock, degeneration, and starburst. Carry on with your sophistry.

Blade is the only champion in the game that can prevent passive degeneration, starburst, and heal block this makes him highly valuable and will need to be a staple of end game players rosters which is exactly why we had the nerfs of 12.0, PB, etc. End of story.
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Found the answer in orange letters but it required opening a thread, At least the response was timely. Watch your placement in AW as villians, mystics and dimensional beings are useless beyond thier disadvantage to Blades attack power on many nodes now. Kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass nodes in AQ/AW if they are lucky enough to have the one champion in the game capable of doing so. Completely balanced.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

that's like saying kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass the bleed nodes in AQ/AW if they're lucky enough to have a bleed immune champ.
    If there was only one champion who could do that I could see the analogy, however being that there are countless options to bypass bleed and poison nodes and only one who can bypass healblock, starburst, and degeneration this analogy is like a leaky screwdriver.

your gripe is allowing a champ to stop node abilities isn't it? there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities.
    Found the answer in orange letters but it required opening a thread, At least the response was timely. Watch your placement in AW as villians, mystics and dimensional beings are useless beyond thier disadvantage to Blades attack power on many nodes now. Kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass nodes in AQ/AW if they are lucky enough to have the one champion in the game capable of doing so. Completely balanced.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

that's like saying kudos to kabam for allowing people to bypass the bleed nodes in AQ/AW if they're lucky enough to have a bleed immune champ.
    If there was only one champion who could do that I could see the analogy, however being that there are countless options to bypass bleed and poison nodes and only one who can bypass healblock, starburst, and degeneration this analogy is like a leaky screwdriver.

your gripe is allowing a champ to stop node abilities isn't it? there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities.
    My gripebis Blade can bypass nodes in the game designed to be a challenge to all champions. And he is the only one that can shut them down

I’m all for being educated if you have the time. I have some questions.

Who has a chance to use healing abilities on heal block nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off degeneration nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off Starburst nodes?

3* Blade will be making appearances in end game content just like SW.

the mistake you're making is thinking that degen, starbrust and heal block are a special class of debuff that should have no counters. but whatevs, to each their own i guess.
    edited January 2018
    In terms of datamining statistics, as strong and valuable as Blade is he is probably closer to Iron Patriot than 11.0 Scarlet Witch.

Stopped reading after this....lol
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Tru_E wrote: »
    In terms of datamining statistics, as strong and valuable as Blade is he is probably closer to Iron Patriot than 11.0 Scarlet Witch.

he's not wrong.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★

he's not wrong.

Lol. He definitely is.

More than 50% of the community will not be saving for Iron Patriot.

Blade is the only champ in the damage who does at least decent damage (and insane damage against certain champs), has high utility, and on-demand regen.

Just on the regen alone, almost all champs have it on a proc basis (Wolvie) or have certain conditions to fulfill for it to be effective (GR).
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I would say nice try but your counter argument to Blade being able to bypass critical nodes is that “there are tons of champs that will stop node abilities” and you’ve listed one that can bypass stun immune and zero that can bypass healblock, degeneration, and starburst. Carry on with your sophistry.

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

v0vii9x7l39u.jpeg

My gripebis Blade can bypass nodes in the game designed to be a challenge to all champions. And he is the only one that can shut them down

I’m all for being educated if you have the time. I have some questions.

Who has a chance to use healing abilities on heal block nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off degeneration nodes?

Who has a chance to turn off Starburst nodes?

3* Blade will be making appearances in end game content just like SW.

the mistake you're making is thinking that degen, starbrust and heal block are a special class of debuff that should have no counters. but whatevs, to each their own i guess.
    They've always had a counter however they have always provided a ticking clock, required a minimum damage output to counter and have never just been flat out negated by a champion at any rank/rarity like they are now. There has never been a champion that has an imunity to them. And thats what Blade is when he turns them off, immune to nodes, he is the only one, and that is ridiculous.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,648 Guardian
    xNig wrote: »

he's not wrong.

Lol. He definitely is.

Blade is the only champ in the damage who does at least decent damage (and insane damage against certain champs), has high utility, and on-demand regen.

Just on the regen alone, almost all champs have it on a proc basis (Wolvie) or have certain conditions to fulfill for it to be effective (GR).

You completely missed the point. I said in terms of datamining statistics Blade simply isn't remotely comparable to 11.x Scarlet Witch. How many people are saving for Blade is completely irrelevant to the current datamined statistics of the game. I'm saving for Blade: I'm not questioning his power relative to other current champs. I'm trying to emphasize that the number of people saving for Blade has exactly zero bearing on whether he gets nerfed. Player desire doesn't show up on a game status report.

I specifically stated, and apparently I must repeat, that no argument about your opinion of Blade, or my opinion of Blade, gets champions nerfed. Blade can be the only champ that likes mint chocolate chip ice cream. Unless that fact shows up in a game status metric report, it has no bearing on game balancing activity.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Anyone that says Blade doesn’t need to be looked at are the same people who can’t play the game without him. He is a clutch in the game, now im not saying flat out nerf the guy but he needs to be reworked somewhat for sure. There is a reason why half the community is saving for him in February...

Blade doesn’t need to be looked at.

xNig wrote: »

he's not wrong.

Lol. He definitely is.

Up to 70% only and in exchange for your entire power bar.

Blade on his best day cant even match a 4*x99 wolvie’s regen abilities, which is why there’s no 5* wolvie.

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Oh and everyone saving for blade is just further proof of how OP the mystic class is, how broken and OP mystic dispersion is as a mastery, and how much of a nuisance mystic wars have been for so many people.

Which is why kabam neutralized MD’s effectiveness on defense and killed mystic wars for good by creating blade.

Everyone saving for blade proves just how needed blade was. His creation was inevitable. Just like SW’s nerf was inevitable.

Just wouldn’t rush to r5 him right away because he’s targeting a niche that will soon lose their (formerly) well-deserved nightmare reputation. Champs will be released asap with higher prestige than blade and with abilities that can neutralize him by not triggering danger sense.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

I don't see anyone else who can bypass stun immunity except Archangel
    Rektor wrote: »
    Oh and everyone saving for blade is just further proof of how OP the mystic class is, how broken and OP mystic dispersion is as a mastery, and how much of a nuisance mystic wars have been for so many people.

Which is why kabam neutralized MD’s effectiveness on defense and killed mystic wars for good by creating blade.

Everyone saving for blade proves just how needed blade was. His creation was inevitable. Just like SW’s nerf was inevitable.

Just wouldn’t rush to r5 him right away because he’s targeting a niche that will soon lose their (formerly) well-deserved nightmare reputation. Champs will be released asap with higher prestige than blade and with abilities that can neutralize him by not triggering danger sense.

Someone has a blade lmao...