5-Star Civil Warrior

So I pulled a Civil Warrior from my second 5-Star crystal, is he worth ranking up? My only other 5-Star is a Superior Iron Man who I understand isn't particularly good.

Thanks!

Comments

• He can heal block more than any other champ, power drain and has armour ups. Since he is your second he could be useful at rank 3.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,416
    He is not very good you're better off taking a good 4* like ultron, vision, starlord, stark spidey, yondu etc to rank 5 than 5* civil warrior to rank 3 since you'll never bring him up to rank 4
  • linuxlinux Posts: 259
    So I pulled a Civil Warrior from my second 5-Star crystal, is he worth ranking up? My only other 5-Star is a Superior Iron Man who I understand isn't particularly good.

Thanks!

SIM -- once duped -- has some uses. If I duped my 5*, I might consider making him a 4/55 (after about 7 or 8 other characters) for running degen paths in map 6, assuming I don't pull a 5* Ultron. For now, I use my 5/50 SIM for those -- it works well through day 2 of map 6, but is borderline by day 3.

CW ... I'd make him r2. He does have OK heal block (when you can use heavies) and some power drain, but for both I'd use a different champ at this point; I don't think I'd use t4cc on him to get him to r3.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526
    CW is worth rank 2 and is probably best suited for arenas and occasional questing. As others have stated he has some usefulness (heal block, power drain and armor up), but nothing that makes him a god tier tech. Definitely better than an unduped SIM though.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,061
    He’s sure as hell better than SIM
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 619
    Power drain on sp2 , heal block, and by spamming s1 you can take tons of reduced damage.
  • And A useful thing to know about CW is that when you put a heal block on someone (heavy attack) it lasts about 5 seconds+ but if you use a special attack while they have a heal block then it resets the time of the heal block and makes it last 10+ seconds.
  • linuxlinux Posts: 259
    Bahamut wrote: »
    He’s sure as hell better than SIM

Highly duped SIM is useful for AQ map 6 degen and starburst lanes. Otherwise I agree that he's not the best choice, but he is useful in that situation.
  • Darkest_FlameDarkest_Flame Posts: 13
    edited January 4
    Alright, thanks for the advice guys. I did pull a 4-star Ultron from my Premium Hero Crystal yesterday, and I do have a 4-star Yondu who can arguably Heal Block better than CW, so I guess I'll take him to Rank 2 and wait for another 5 Star and hope I won't land on something ****.
  • Scoobers40Scoobers40 Posts: 76
    edited January 5

Thanks!

Civil Warrior is a straight boss killer. Forget what these other guys are talking about who don't like him. His special 2 keeps high pi bosses from reaching special 3. I'd trade all 8 of my 5* currently for a 5* Civil Warrior and some of them are decent champions. My 4* Civil Warrior is in my top 5 for fighting in Quest with Iceman, Magik, Medusa and Green Goblin and I use him on offense in War. The more you play with him, the more you'll like him. I'd say rank him as high as you can.
  • CW is a mixture of cap and Tony's abilities and even does well against cosmic champs
  • I use my 4* Civil Warrior in arenas, and that's about it. His heal block on the SP1 and power drain on the SP2 are useful, but I wouldn't consider ranking him above Rank 2. In fact, I have a 5* CW, and since I have the 4* duped to max sig level, I haven't bothered doing anything with the 5*.

I wouldn't use him anywhere other than the arena.