**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can I just get an answer as to why?

New Years Kabam releases the cards for shards and ranking, sorta. There was a pretty large outpouring of the forums and a vague use of the word “garbage”. So then a few days later a worse deal is released for a value you can get by doing solo events. If it’s for packages to lend to in game rewards why not add 5* awakening and signature stones to the solo quests? I think a large part of the community would love to see the signature stones and awakening gems in the solo quests or why not have uncollected solo shards that award sig stones like you have for the lower levels. We can easily obtain 3/4 awakening and skill gems if you put effort in the daily quests. Why not add 5* awakening and signature stones and an uncollected shard with the rest?

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Everybody would be happy with 6 free T5 Basics as well...where do you draw the line?

5* Awakening and Sig stones are rewards on much of the end game content...if 5* awakening stones were in solo crystals....what would be the point?

As far as the crappy New Year's deals.(I certainly didn't buy them)..they were pretty much the same as the crappy New Year's deal the year before. The only people who decided the New Year's deal was going to be some epic set Cyber Monday/X-mas specials are those that always work themselves up before every holiday on these forums.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    Solswerd wrote: »
    Everybody would be happy with 6 free T5 Basics as well...where do you draw the line?

5* Awakening and Sig stones are rewards on much of the end game content...if 5* awakening stones were in solo crystals....what would be the point?

As far as the crappy New Year's deals.(I certainly didn't buy them)..they were pretty much the same as the crappy New Year's deal the year before. The only people who decided the New Year's deal was going to be some epic set Cyber Monday/X-mas specials are those that always work themselves up before every holiday on these forums.

This is actually a good point. Offering premium end game content at rock-bottom prices would not push us to complete to 100% things like LOL and Act 5.
  • Solswerd wrote: »

Well do you think the 4* sig stones is to much? They were out when Act 4 we’re out? They were end game at that time. I’m not asking for anything free. Just why be limited when the rewards can cover all tiers. You still have to do the work to receive the prize.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

Well do you think the 4* sig stones is to much? They were out when Act 4 we’re out? They were end game at that time. I’m not asking for anything free. Just why be limited when the rewards can cover all tiers. You still have to do the work to receive the prize.

If you are taking 5* Awakening stones out of the equation, I have to agree you make a valid point about 5* Sig stones. You are probably correct that they would not screw up the progression curve too much. Though if they took you up on this idea, I can almost guarantee that the number of shards it would take to get a "Uncollected" solo crystal would likely be pretty high...since solo crystals are really easy to accumulate. (as you already stated)

They did make 5* sig crystals much more available this past month with Modok's lab.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    The answer to your question is no. No, you cannot get an answer to "why not." That is an unanswerable question.

People have all kinds of reasons for doing what they do, and that includes the developers (and the monetizers making offers, who are not the same people). But people normally don't sit around thinking about why they don't do what everyone else wants them to do. Its even harder to speculate about why people don't do what they don't do, when they don't put much or any thought into it.

If you want a real answer to why Kabam makes the offers they make, its because unlike us the people making the offers have a huge amount of real data about what players need, what they want, and what they are willing to spend money on, and target their offers based on that data. That data tells them something different than what you believe the situation is, so they act differently than you would expect them to. That's really the only answer you're likely to get, short of applying for a job with Kabam in the monetization group.
  • Maybe I phrased myself wrong I’m not talking about any purchase just adding the 5* version to solo quests