Requesting for help in Arena

Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Why is it we must sit here and request for help in the arena one by one, champion by champion? If you have a pretty sizeable roster, compete in multiple arenas, this can become very tedious. I really don't understand why you simply can't add a "request help for all" button. The amount of time players need put into the arena is crazy (I don't mind, I enjoy playing the game) but do we really need to sit there and tap 100+ LAGGY help buttons?? I say laggy because there's some kind of delay on the buttons, it isn't smooth, I need to tap... wait... tap.... wait. Pretty frustrating.
«1

Comments

  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
    I meant to post this in suggestions, if a Mod can please move it to the correct section. Thank u and sorry about that.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 968 ★★★
    A help all button would actually be useful and a time saver.
  • makaighostmakaighost Posts: 30
    Or just take the help button out in general for the arenas. If you manage to get your queue cleared that's only -15 minutes off the timer. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to come up with a more creative way to gain loyalty points
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
    and the reason we cant have things like this is simple to understand

    Imagine 50,000,000+ players (min) all pushing "ask for help for all" at the same time. Game crashes

    Thats why we have no "help-all" button, and we cant have a button that selects all ios8 for an update. Its so the game keeps running

    A few million only tried to buy the one dollar champ at the same time recently, game was down for a day

    A pain, but worth the reward imho

    I see where you're coming from, but realistically, what are the odds that EVERYONE requests for help all at the same exact time?

    Also, I really don't understand how requesting for help is any different then, let's say, starting up an arena match. What if every player tried to start a match at the exact same time, by your logic the servers will crash. Which is highly unlikely it'll happen anyway. So I really don't see an issue here.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    and the reason we cant have things like this is simple to understand

    Imagine 50,000,000+ players (min) all pushing "ask for help for all" at the same time. Game crashes

    Thats why we have no "help-all" button, and we cant have a button that selects all ios8 for an update. Its so the game keeps running

    A few million only tried to buy the one dollar champ at the same time recently, game was down for a day

    A pain, but worth the reward imho

    I see where you're coming from, but realistically, what are the odds that EVERYONE requests for help all at the same exact time?

    Also, I really don't understand how requesting for help is any different then, let's say, starting up an arena match. What if every player tried to start a match at the exact same time, by your logic the servers will crash. Which is highly unlikely it'll happen anyway. So I really don't see an issue here.

    Mate, I dont understand it that well, but that is the reason. Basically, 20 mill start a fight at the same time, thats 20m requests. But if 20m all ask for "ask-for-help-all" at once, thats 20 million times 100+ equals a dam lot more! (each ask for help is a separate request, even if asked for all at the same time) Crashes the game

    That is what it is mate

    I see. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

    Can anyone else confirm this is the reasoning?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882 ★★★
    It's a cheap excuse. They should just refactor the thing.

    Instead of sending a request for every champ, they should make the button send a request for all the champs that are awaiting help, that should happen on the server and they would get only one request from the client apps. It's just reimagining the feature.

    I also think this feature is not useful. Energy requests seem to work, but I never benefited by asking help for my champs. How much does it help realistically? It seems to me like this part of the game is not very transparent and not very useful. Being in an alliance takes most of you loyalty anyway and the amount you can get hasn't changed since alliances were introduced (and loyalty was only used for crystals).

    Long story short, I think they have the wrong approach to this, we shouldn't be helping individual champions, we should be helping other members and they can figure out how to distribute that help server-side minimizing the whole thing to just one request-response to/from the server.
  • Neal2158Neal2158 Posts: 53
    edited January 2018
    Why don't you just click the help button on the 3 champs you just fought with before starting the next round? I work my way from the top down once I get the streak and they are right there at the top. Tap, tap, tap, swipe, swipe, swipe with the next 3 and off to the next round. If I let them pile up it takes longer to scroll past them to find my next team.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's bad design, that's it. If requests are so overwhelming they can be queued.

    They just don't care to spend time on it because it gains no revenue. That's the real reason and nothing else. It costs time and money to make changes and without any return, why?

    I'd honestly just prefer all the champs that I've used go to the bottom of the list. The only reason I request is so I don't have to keep scrolling down to make a team.

    Or persist our filters between matches. Something, anything.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Neal2158 wrote: »
    Why don't you just click the help button on the 3 champs you just fought with before starting the next round? I work my way from the top down once I get the streak and they are right there at the top. Tap, tap, tap, swipe, swipe, swipe with the next 3 and off to the next round. If I let them pile up it takes longer to scroll past them to find my next team.

    This isn't the point though. Some people prefer to just scroll down cause requesting for help is so tedious. It baffles me how they won't rework the Help system. It was understandable when the game was first made. People have so many champions now days compared to back in the day.

    An ever growing game of content needs to update their game mechanics as well. This help system is obsolete and very time consuming.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    and the reason we cant have things like this is simple to understand

    Imagine 50,000,000+ players (min) all pushing "ask for help for all" at the same time. Game crashes

    Thats why we have no "help-all" button, and we cant have a button that selects all ios8 for an update. Its so the game keeps running

    A few million only tried to buy the one dollar champ at the same time recently, game was down for a day

    A pain, but worth the reward imho

    How about a "Ask for 3" like the "Help" button in the alliance help screen? Just that alone would help. Or just have them auto ask once the fights is over.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The fact that my game almost crashes when I receive 4 helps at a time from my alliance is enough to tell me that the servers cannot handle a request for anything more.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Honestly, the help system needs to just go away. Simply reduce the timers for stamina to refresh by 10 minutes and add 10 extra energy every 4 hours if you're in an alliance.

    It would certainly reduce the load on the servers.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The fact that my game almost crashes when I receive 4 helps at a time from my alliance is enough to tell me that the servers cannot handle a request for anything more.

    That is definitly sounds your phones issue buddy.
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 882 ★★★
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The fact that my game almost crashes when I receive 4 helps at a time from my alliance is enough to tell me that the servers cannot handle a request for anything more.

    That is definitly sounds your phones issue buddy.

    Not sure, it happened to me in many devices, sometimes it does nothing (it seems to refresh but you always see the same 4 requests), other times it takes a long time to do the transaction. Other times it works fast.

    But i wouldn't be surprised if it is an overall issue with the app, as the lagging is becoming more evident in high end devices.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    There is a known issue where having many help requests fulfilled at once will lag your client in a fight. I've basically stopped requesting help if I plan to play.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    There is a known issue where having many help requests fulfilled at once will lag your client in a fight. I've basically stopped requesting help if I plan to play.

    This.

    I have severely reduced the amount of arena grinding I do and rarely have more than 30 champs requesting helps. Once I get to that threshold, the lag from receiving helps will blowup the framerate of a fight to impossible levels. In the 4* basic arena I'll only go through my R4+ champs then come back later. Even then, I won't grind any arena if I have a big fight coming up (like a mini-boss or exploring Act 5).
  • just put an auto ask help that once you used a champ for arena, they automatically go to the bottom of the list and already requested help automatically.

    and the fool that thinks 50 million players play the arena, how come top 10% is only about 13 to 14k max...
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    They could do it if they re-designed the code to include a queuing system. I just think that in the scheme of things they have more high priority tasks. If the process to request help on a single champ is that intense, they can queue the requests and handle them based on load.

    The problem is that a queuing system itself adds load. Its only worth doing if the load you add for handling the queue offsets the load from a bulk help request. You can think of it this way, the overhead of having someone manage a queue of 3 people adds more effort per person than a queue for managing a 100 people.

    The benefit that Kabam has is that they have the choice of implementing either a client side (your device) or server side queue. Both have upsides and downsides.

    I would honestly prefer they worked on why the "Help 4" button causes lag on your account when you play. It's a head scratcher. Obviously, it relates to data relevant to my account, but data and load are generally anonymous. Something happening to data that affects me for the most part is not different to something happening to someone else's data. It's all server load. Unless it's doing a massive push notification to your phone, but why would it be any more significant than normal traffic.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    RedRooster wrote: »
    I would honestly prefer they worked on why the "Help 4" button causes lag on your account when you play. It's a head scratcher. Obviously, it relates to data relevant to my account, but data and load are generally anonymous. Something happening to data that affects me for the most part is not different to something happening to someone else's data. It's all server load. Unless it's doing a massive push notification to your phone, but why would it be any more significant than normal traffic.

    The lag while receiving helps happens regardless of the player being in a fight, but that's the only time the player notices it. A simple solution would be to defer the helps received until after the fight is complete and that packet of data is sent/received. I'd rather have the loading screen for an extra 0.2 seconds in between fights than the current lag during the fight.

    The only issue I would see with that would be the back-log of queued data to be sent could get stacked up if a player were to pause in the middle of a fight and let it sit.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 853 ★★★
    It's not difficult to do, but consider the slowdown for your gameplay for not only you clicking each spent champ but also you clicking help 4, the process time wouldn't improve whether you click one time for request help/help all or click the multiple times now. Now, on their end, keeping transaction time to a minimum is always more ideal, hence why they're unlikely to change a whole lot. Why they haven't created a recharge all button to take your units directly is baffling.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    and the reason we cant have things like this is simple to understand

    Imagine 50,000,000+ players (min) all pushing "ask for help for all" at the same time. Game crashes

    Thats why we have no "help-all" button, and we cant have a button that selects all ios8 for an update. Its so the game keeps running

    A few million only tried to buy the one dollar champ at the same time recently, game was down for a day

    A pain, but worth the reward imho

    I see where you're coming from, but realistically, what are the odds that EVERYONE requests for help all at the same exact time?

    Also, I really don't understand how requesting for help is any different then, let's say, starting up an arena match. What if every player tried to start a match at the exact same time, by your logic the servers will crash. Which is highly unlikely it'll happen anyway. So I really don't see an issue here.

    Mate, I dont understand it that well, but that is the reason. Basically, 20 mill start a fight at the same time, thats 20m requests. But if 20m all ask for "ask-for-help-all" at once, thats 20 million times 100+ equals a dam lot more! (each ask for help is a separate request, even if asked for all at the same time) Crashes the game

    That is what it is mate

    I see. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

    Can anyone else confirm this is the reasoning?
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    and the reason we cant have things like this is simple to understand

    Imagine 50,000,000+ players (min) all pushing "ask for help for all" at the same time. Game crashes

    Thats why we have no "help-all" button, and we cant have a button that selects all ios8 for an update. Its so the game keeps running

    A few million only tried to buy the one dollar champ at the same time recently, game was down for a day

    A pain, but worth the reward imho

    I see where you're coming from, but realistically, what are the odds that EVERYONE requests for help all at the same exact time?

    Also, I really don't understand how requesting for help is any different then, let's say, starting up an arena match. What if every player tried to start a match at the exact same time, by your logic the servers will crash. Which is highly unlikely it'll happen anyway. So I really don't see an issue here.

    Mate, I dont understand it that well, but that is the reason. Basically, 20 mill start a fight at the same time, thats 20m requests. But if 20m all ask for "ask-for-help-all" at once, thats 20 million times 100+ equals a dam lot more! (each ask for help is a separate request, even if asked for all at the same time) Crashes the game

    That is what it is mate

    Nope not at all, there are much more complex process in game and serving hundreds of thousands of player at the SAME time. This change won't cause any major load on game.

    Disagree mate, this is what the mods have explained many times before

    And its not hundreds of thousands, its tens of millions

    Because they are so knowledgeable and honest. Riiiiight.....
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    How about just scrapping help altogether I'm pretty sure once everyone's hit the 1k loyalty limit they don't bother. So just get rid of it and find another way to give out 1k of loyalty a day.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    I play it differently. I press the button Availability and work my down from rank3 champs to r5 champs. That way I’m able to ignore help request and they stay at the. Then I repeat the availability process again and again and again until no more champs to play out and that’s much faster to finish the round. It’s hard to explain how I meant but give it a try :) ( I can also tell that it decrease the lag part heavily)
Sign In or Register to comment.