**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nerfing Champs.....

Bit of a rant, but please bear with me.

The MCoC community kills me. There is such a big divide between the haves and the have-nots and it's making the community as a whole, weaker.

Anyone who has been around since the beginning knows that Kabam has a variety of strategies in place to get the community to spend. One of the strategies that's worked very well for them so far is to introduce content in the form of characters or nodes that are flat out tough to deal with. Champs like Magik, NC, Dormy, Mephisto, Modok, and now to a certain degree Void are money pits in AQ, Events, and AW.

I'm sure a lot of you remember the uproar about how Magik's limbo was overpowered, Dormy's degen was unfair, Mephisto's healing is insane, this node is bs....yada, yada, yada. You all need to realise that Kabam keeps these money pit strategies in place for a period of 1 to 2 months, and then introduces a means for summoners to deal with them more easily. These means are usually in the form of new champs. New characters that can deal with these "unfairly overpowered money pit champions". New champs that are themselves also money pits because Kabam makes them powerful so that they are highly desired by the community.

Enter Blade. Now let's face it. The goal of most everyone in the community is to 100% all content as cheaply as possible right? So instead of applauding someone's luck or tenacity (by saving shards) in obtaining a character such as Blade, people call for a nerf of the character. I also wouldn't doubt that these are the same people who are the most vocal about the "unfairly overpowered money pit champs". You know who you are. Acting this way only allows Kabam to line their coffers by giving them a reason to take away our means of not spending as much. I mean think about it, who are you really helping by saying a character should be nerfed? Your AW defenders? You must know by now that AW is another money pit for Kabam.

Blade is a powerful character indeed. In my opinion not as powerful as SW pre-nerf, however his skill set and abilities make him arguably the best champ "at the moment". I stress at the moment simply because the next new "unfairly overpowered money pit champ" is right around the corner. So for those of you calling for a nerf, be careful what you wish for, as you'd better have some deep pockets to deal with Kabam's latest and greatest money pit introductions.

As a disclaimer I have to say that Kabam is a business, so even though their strategies for making money may seem unscrupulous, I do admire and applaud them for the success that they have achieved thus far in their business operations.

Comments

• Options
    GangsterSauceGangsterSauce Posts: 63
    Don’t forget the keyword: “at this time”. Said the same thing for Ds/sw/Thor in the past B)
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Sorry but I'd like to disagree nicely

Sparky is The best atm. Blade isn't quite there yet but as I have not duped him yet I don't know how strong his regen is
  • Options
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Do players with Blade actually not think he’s OP. He’s basically a massive nerf on every mystic or villain that players invested in for AWD. I don’t care if you can crush out all your solo quests on the cheap with blade but he’s broken the balance in war and that’s why everyone is nervous. More of a cheat code than SW ever was imo.

Yes, he isn't OP but has the abilities to power through magiks and mephisto's
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    I don't have Blade and I don't want him nerfed, if anything it excites me to try and pull him.

The people who want him nerfed are just pathetic and jealous, that's all it is.

Wonder if you would take a car back because it's too fast?

Wonder if you would take a car back because it handles exceptionally well in the most dangerous terrain, but when you’re not up against that terrain, there are about 15 other cars faster than it.

I guess maybe if you owned that terrain and didn’t want anyone to pass through it easily, you’d try to get the car downgraded before everyone owned one.

• Options
    There are plenty of non-mystic champs that make great AW defenders who aren't disadvantaged by Blade's abilities. Medusa, Stark Spidey, Hyperion, Cable, Nightcrawler, Agent Venom, Yondu, the list goes on. I would not be surprised if many of the players complaining about Blade being overpowered are players whose top strategies are mashing buttons and/or placing multiple Magiks/Dormammus/other mystic champions as AW defenders because they have MD maxed. With AW defenders no longer being hidden, all quality alliances know exactly which attackers to bring to AW based on their opponent's placement. IMO Blade's biggest advantage is being able to nullify Dormammu's heal block in AQ. Take that away and all players are negatively impacted, no one would benefit from that because strong players would obtain the same AQ results with using different champs. And no, I don't have Blade, not even as a 3*.

All the players still complaining about Blade would benefit far more from spending time improving their skills. If your roster is lacking, grind arena for crystal shards. Trying to get Kabam to nerf a champion who tons of players spent months acquiring in-game resources to acquire and years to the reach the point where months of in-game resources were enough to get that champion belittles the hard work such players have invested to build their accounts.

Nailed it. I hope you get a 5* Blade next month.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Do players with Blade actually not think he’s OP. He’s basically a massive nerf on every mystic or villain that players invested in for AWD. I don’t care if you can crush out all your solo quests on the cheap with blade but he’s broken the balance in war and that’s why everyone is nervous. More of a cheat code than SW ever was imo.

MD has nofing to du with blade. Blade is good aging mysigt and it was need. To many ther not. Culd kil Magik with out. Magik Ore pover control. Im agerd. Blade and. He Can prevent node to proz it need to canche
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Don’t forget the keyword: “at this time”. Said the same thing for Ds/sw/Thor in the past B)

This says it all, at one time these champs were the same as Blade, he will get his after everyone has him and a few months go by they can nerf him without rank down tickets. To think they thought Doctor Strange was OP but Blade isn't. I agree SW was stupid OP but DS allowed one to control health much in the same manner as Blade.
  • Options

This says it all, at one time these champs were the same as Blade, he will get his after everyone has him and a few months go by they can nerf him without rank down tickets. To think they thought Doctor Strange was OP but Blade isn't. I agree SW was stupid OP but DS allowed one to control health much in the same manner as Blade.

Comparing strange to someone who has to stop fighting, hold block but try to avoid block damage, and loses their ability to use special attacks in order to regen to a max of slightly more than 2/3 health?

Your hyperbole needs to be nerfed.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Blade is OP. Another thread trying to not get him nerfed. Don’t worry, he won’t be nerfed. Kabam has deliberately made him OP and at least twice have admitted to it by subliminal messages.

It is sad game design but Blade is OP by deliberate design choice. So don’t worry

I think it’s brilliant game design. Kill mystic wars and let us have fun doing it. Thanks, Kabam.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Not asking for a nerf, I'm saving my shards for Feb 22nd. But he is pretty damn OP when a part of the trinity. I have him as a 4* and he destroys. A rank 5 5* heals at 817 a tick I believe someone mentioned. He is not SW op level by any means but he is still OP nonetheless especially when you consider the current state of the game.
  • Options
    Not asking for a nerf, I'm saving my shards for Feb 22nd. But he is pretty damn OP when a part of the trinity. I have him as a 4* and he destroys. A rank 5 5* heals at 817 a tick I believe someone mentioned. He is not SW op level by any means but he is still OP nonetheless especially when you consider the current state of the game.

That's pretty strong regen then
  • Options
    Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    Agree with @DNA3000

Calling for a nerf or a buff on the forums is futile. Hate to put it this way but Kabam isn't going to listen to a few people crying 'OP!' or 'plz nerf' and say 'Ok, we're (buffing/nerfing) them'.

It is widely known that Kabam has individual statistics for each champions including but not limited to Win/Loss ratio, total used time and etc. This isn't a conspiracy; they have in the past published some of these stats (it was revealed that OG Spidy had the highest play time of any champ in 2015 or 2016) through social media posts. Kabam uses these statistics do dictate whether a champ requires a nerf, a buff or nothing at all since they're already balanced. A prime example of this is when Magneto, both variants, got nerfed off of their 'punch bleed' on his SP1 yet nobody called for a nerf of either Magnetoes (Magneti? lol) since they were already seen as 'meh' champions in the game. This only goes to prove that Kabam has the final word, the deciding factor, not us.

So like DNA correctly pointed out, if you want a champ to get buffed or nerfed, find a way to skew the statistics in a certain direction. Tell people to use them more or less. If you want a buff, tell as many people as you can to stop using that champion entirely for any part of the game. If you want a nerf, tell people to use that champion for everything from quests to AW, AQ to alliance events. This is the best that us players can do without a widescale 'boycott!' as many people have suggested.

TL;DR: Crying for a nerf or a buff has absolutely no effect on the final decision by Kabam, assuming that there is even a decision made at all. So let people say what they want. Yeah you and I don't have the power to get Kabam to alter a specific champion to our wants and needs but we do have the power of silence, precisely meaning that we can simply not respond to buff/nerf threads.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001 wrote: »
    Did I just see Cable, Nightcrawler and Stark Spidey as good defenders, Lul wut. Can't remember the last time I died to one of those three. Blade is horrendously overpowered, in the area that as a character he covers too much ground and too many areas, along with insane damage output. A few small tweaks would fix him, but people asking for outright character killing nerfs are just silly. Luckily they remedied the killing nerfs they did on BW, Thor and SW. Shame they destroyed Sorcerer Supreme though.

Shame about those villain defenses getting dismantled. Eventually people will get more diverse when they keep losing easy shards out of an unwillingness to adapt to the game.

He’s not getting nerfed. RIP mystic wars 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Did I just see Cable, Nightcrawler and Stark Spidey as good defenders, Lul wut. Can't remember the last time I died to one of those three. Blade is horrendously overpowered, in the area that as a character he covers too much ground and too many areas, along with insane damage output. A few small tweaks would fix him, but people asking for outright character killing nerfs are just silly. Luckily they remedied the killing nerfs they did on BW, Thor and SW. Shame they destroyed Sorcerer Supreme though.

Those defenders were listed in the context of going against Blade. 4/40 champs can easily solo duped 4/55 AW defenders with the right matchup , such as Ultron/Vision/Magik/Rogue for Cable, Iceman/Crossbones/BW/AA for Nightcrawler, and Crossbones/Medusa/BW/Captain Marvel for Stark Spidey. My comment was a bit long, so no harm done for taking some of its specifics out of context.

Blade would take constant degeneration damage against Cable and his danger sense does nothing to reduce Nightcrawler or Stark Spidey's evade abilities. Even outside the context of Blade, defender placement is almost everything with stopping AW attackers (e.g., Cable on strike back/buffet nodes; Nightcrawler on stun immunity/breakthrough/bane nodes; Stark Spidey on power shield/debuff immunity/enhanced abilities nodes).

On another note I wonder if the same people complaining about Blade needing to be nerfed - possibly because he counters mystic wars - would throw the same fit if Kabam were to change how dexterity feeds MD by being replaced without be used. There's a simple answer to both of these things = adapt. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Same goes for losing AWs because of defender placement, but still placing the same defenders and complaining instead of trying something different.
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★

BW is still useless since her nerf and partial un-nerfing. I'm still salty. She is so weak now that it is borderline misogynistic.
  • Options
    RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    I don’t have Blade would love to get him but whatever if it happens great if not let’s move on. Do I think Blade is powerful yes of course he is right now he is the top dog because he has that prestige boost everyone craves and he is a God Tier champ.

Should Blade be nerfed not at all but I’ll warn anyone right now that there is a chance it could happen I don’t like the way the post for the featured crystal came across straight away I had flags going up saying that the Blade nerf is not far away.

What needs to happen is the garbage tier champs like Luke Cage, Joe Fixit, Spider-Gwen, Netflix Daredevil, Ant-Man, Abomination, Sentry, Groot, Kamala Khan and so many more the list is to large really they need to be made better and more useful not god tier but in a place where they have a place in the game other than arena fodder
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    I'd have to agree, SW with the double DS synergy pre nerf was OP, more so than Blade, if you put her in a crit team at lvl 99, she was way OP, stun, weakness, regen non stop, get through Road to Lab with easy and although I didn't get the chance, it would've made LOL allot easier also. If you compare Blades synergy it is very good against villains, mystic and dimensional beings other than that, against everyone else he has his regen and hits/bleeds pretty good depending on masteries. I still think SW pre-nerf is better.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    So assuming blade hasn't broken war completely what exactly would be suggested to shut down the Blade Sparky and GR trio? Mystic Wars was definitely better than 3x100% easy mode no challenge wars. There is nothing that can stop that trio. Just my personal opinion but a game that offers no challenge is stupid.
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    I agree, I HATE the forums because of the idiots on here, not everyone but seems like 90% of the KIDS on here & this way, I rarely come on here & only come on here to check news or like right now to see a way to get onto the beta because I can’t get in. Wish they’d just shut them down because everyone on here ruins the game for the rest of us. Sure we have very strong views & want the best for this game cause we put a ton of money & time into it but crying to nerf a champ because you didn’t get them is just childish & selfish. I complain about t1a’s & t4b’s prior cause hate hitting a brick wall on very old rank up’s but NEVER about champs I didn’t get