Options

No rewards for beta testing?

2

Comments

  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hear this Kabam, next time ask for volunteer to participate testing events .Don't just pick someone who just cares about his own benefit rather than improving the game for everyone.

    lol wut. We had to register (ie volunteer). Just because someone asks about a reward doesn't mean they are selfish human beings.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hear this Kabam, next time ask for volunteer to participate testing events .Don't just pick someone who just cares about his own benefit rather than improving the game for everyone.

    Yeah Kabam, next time do the exact the same thing you did this time by asking for volunteers!
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,796 ★★★★★
    I'm happy to be involved.

    Too many of the me generation expect something no matter how trivial the task they are invited to perform.

    A chance to test changes to champs no one likes plus an opportunity to waste resources and time in a way that doesn't affect the main account at all and effectively play a game we mostly like for twice as long seems like fair compensation for the horrible hardship and effort we must endure after accepting the invite.

    No one was forced to accept the offer and nothing was promised to elicit your acceptance.

    Remember when people would do something useful for no other reason than to help others?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,941 Guardian
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Wow complaining about rewards for beta testing is just sad. It shows the difference between mature adults and immature adults/kids.

    I’ve tested for Wow, Rift, Destiny 1 & 2, and more and the reward is playing the game you enjoy.

    That being said a Title would be cool.
    Maybe:
    -Tester
    -Beta Summoner
    -Pillow Hands
    -Hulk BURN!

    Meh, I think it's more mature to expect compensation for performing a service than it is to say "I'm just happy to be here!!!". Testing these champs means we aren't doing things to further our actual accounts. I don't expect anything for it since it's not mandatory, but the idea that we should get *something* for our efforts isn't childish at all.

    I wouldn't call it childish, but having been involved in many closed betas, and some even from the other side of the fence, I can tell you that it is often very deliberate and not simply an oversight that there are no rewards or direct compensation for participating in a closed beta. You simply do not want people in the closed beta who are there for the rewards or require the rewards to participate. You want people who are there because they want to test and motivated to test for no other reason than to provide useful feedback.

    I've been in restricted and controlled closed betas, I've been in more "open" closed betas, and I've been in open betas. Restricted closed betas with nothing but self selected volunteers are always better and more productive. It isn't even close. On a scale of one to one hundred, if the restricted closed betas average a 90, the relaxed closed betas average a 12, and I've never seen an open beta higher than 3.
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hear this Kabam, next time ask for volunteer to participate testing events .Don't just pick someone who just cares about his own benefit rather than improving the game for everyone.

    lol wut. We had to register (ie volunteer). Just because someone asks about a reward doesn't mean they are selfish human beings.

    It kinda does though. Especially when OP got verbally angry about there being no rewards
  • Options
    Arus25Arus25 Posts: 158
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hear this Kabam, next time ask for volunteer to participate testing events .Don't just pick someone who just cares about his own benefit rather than improving the game for everyone.

    lol wut. We had to register (ie volunteer). Just because someone asks about a reward doesn't mean they are selfish human beings.

    To me it is selfish

    But so what being call selfish
    Isnt it great to care more about myself first then other people.
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    They pick you for testing plus give you 10000 units that probably you never are going to see in your life on your profile and and you want rewards I wish I was pick for beta dude
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Ozzieont wrote: »
    They pick you for testing plus give you 10000 units that probably you never are going to see in your life on your profile and and you want rewards I wish I was pick for beta dude

    Those units are only available on the beta server.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,334 ★★★★★
    My view is that it's fair that there are no Rewards. It's voluntary, not mandatory. You get to be a part of helping the game. That would be enough for me. You also get to see the changes before the rest of Players.
  • Options
    Hero221977Hero221977 Posts: 7
    My beta access is gone I can’t choose beta at all anyone else having this issue ????
  • Options
    DRKK9DRKK9 Posts: 10
    Why should u guys get any rewards? I thought the game was supposed to be fair. Since not all players got a chance to test these 2 ex-pillowhands, at least have the dignity not to ask for rewards!
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.
  • Options
    Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    Some of you guys crack me up. You complain about people complaining.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,941 Guardian
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.

    There was a post in another thread by @Kabam Miike I recall that stated they would eventually be granting units and resources on the beta servers but they initially wanted players to test the champions exactly as they were. It is entirely possible that many players were explicitly chosen because they had Rhulk or Luke Cage at levels other than the maximum. This is normal for MMO closed beta testing. They want players at all levels playing the champion at all levels.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.

    There was a post in another thread by @Kabam Miike I recall that stated they would eventually be granting units and resources on the beta servers but they initially wanted players to test the champions exactly as they were. It is entirely possible that many players were explicitly chosen because they had Rhulk or Luke Cage at levels other than the maximum. This is normal for MMO closed beta testing. They want players at all levels playing the champion at all levels.

    I can see the logic here, but shouldn't I at least have the option of seeing how he would perform at the top rank, since that's the rank I'd actually be using him at? Let the guys that have r4 Rulk and run content at that level test the r4 Rulks. Let people that have r5 Rulk (or can have one now but chose not to because he's awful) test the things they would normally run. Any champ at r4 seems pretty bad to me right now because of what I'm accustomed to doing as far as dmg, etc.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,941 Guardian
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.

    There was a post in another thread by @Kabam Miike I recall that stated they would eventually be granting units and resources on the beta servers but they initially wanted players to test the champions exactly as they were. It is entirely possible that many players were explicitly chosen because they had Rhulk or Luke Cage at levels other than the maximum. This is normal for MMO closed beta testing. They want players at all levels playing the champion at all levels.

    I can see the logic here, but shouldn't I at least have the option of seeing how he would perform at the top rank, since that's the rank I'd actually be using him at? Let the guys that have r4 Rulk and run content at that level test the r4 Rulks. Let people that have r5 Rulk (or can have one now but chose not to because he's awful) test the things they would normally run. Any champ at r4 seems pretty bad to me right now because of what I'm accustomed to doing as far as dmg, etc.

    1. You'll presumably eventually get that option when resources become available according to @Kabam Miike .

    2. If beta testing is something you are interested in doing, my recommendation is test what they ask you to test, in the way they ask you to test. Test other things also if that's what you want, but test what they ask you to test. I have no direct knowledge of how Kabam intends to run their beta, but I have been privy to how other closed betas work. Testers are usually chosen randomly to represent certain criteria, but beyond that testers are often evaluated to see if they participated in the way the devs wanted. I've seen players that don't get flagged to not be reinvited to future betas.

    Test at R4, provide your feedback, then wait for the resources to become available to rank up and test again, would be my recommendation.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.

    There was a post in another thread by @Kabam Miike I recall that stated they would eventually be granting units and resources on the beta servers but they initially wanted players to test the champions exactly as they were. It is entirely possible that many players were explicitly chosen because they had Rhulk or Luke Cage at levels other than the maximum. This is normal for MMO closed beta testing. They want players at all levels playing the champion at all levels.

    I can see the logic here, but shouldn't I at least have the option of seeing how he would perform at the top rank, since that's the rank I'd actually be using him at? Let the guys that have r4 Rulk and run content at that level test the r4 Rulks. Let people that have r5 Rulk (or can have one now but chose not to because he's awful) test the things they would normally run. Any champ at r4 seems pretty bad to me right now because of what I'm accustomed to doing as far as dmg, etc.

    1. You'll presumably eventually get that option when resources become available according to @Kabam Miike .

    2. If beta testing is something you are interested in doing, my recommendation is test what they ask you to test, in the way they ask you to test. Test other things also if that's what you want, but test what they ask you to test. I have no direct knowledge of how Kabam intends to run their beta, but I have been privy to how other closed betas work. Testers are usually chosen randomly to represent certain criteria, but beyond that testers are often evaluated to see if they participated in the way the devs wanted. I've seen players that don't get flagged to not be reinvited to future betas.

    Test at R4, provide your feedback, then wait for the resources to become available to rank up and test again, would be my recommendation.

    Thanks for the feedback, but what I'm trying to test is whether or not r5ing this new Rulk would be worth hanging on to my science cats for. I can't test that without using him in the harder content. As you stated, that is likely not how they want this tested, so I will just decline to participate if that data would be irrelevant to them. I'm definitely trying to use the Red Hulk, which is what the beta is for, but I didn't know I was only allowed to use him in the ways they specified without the option of ranking him up, awakening him, etc. That seems kind of pointless since they should know many people didn't rank them up because of how poorly they performed. They should encourage us to rank them up and use them the way would normally use our champs.

    A mod actually PMd me when I asked about ranking up Rulk before I had access and told me that I'd get to rank him up without using my cats on the main server. Why would they state that if they don't want me ranking up champs? Seems like you're stating different objectives than they currently have, but since you reply more than mods do then that's what people are going to believe.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,941 Guardian
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    So anyway, why didn't I get the gold and units to play with on the beta server? I want to r5 Rulk to test in ROL but they didn't give me my real gold or the free beta gold.

    Still nothing on this? I mean I get it's a beta but wtf. How do I test things if you take all my resources and lock me from upgrading them so I can use them in the same instances I am currently running.

    There was a post in another thread by @Kabam Miike I recall that stated they would eventually be granting units and resources on the beta servers but they initially wanted players to test the champions exactly as they were. It is entirely possible that many players were explicitly chosen because they had Rhulk or Luke Cage at levels other than the maximum. This is normal for MMO closed beta testing. They want players at all levels playing the champion at all levels.

    I can see the logic here, but shouldn't I at least have the option of seeing how he would perform at the top rank, since that's the rank I'd actually be using him at? Let the guys that have r4 Rulk and run content at that level test the r4 Rulks. Let people that have r5 Rulk (or can have one now but chose not to because he's awful) test the things they would normally run. Any champ at r4 seems pretty bad to me right now because of what I'm accustomed to doing as far as dmg, etc.

    1. You'll presumably eventually get that option when resources become available according to @Kabam Miike .

    2. If beta testing is something you are interested in doing, my recommendation is test what they ask you to test, in the way they ask you to test. Test other things also if that's what you want, but test what they ask you to test. I have no direct knowledge of how Kabam intends to run their beta, but I have been privy to how other closed betas work. Testers are usually chosen randomly to represent certain criteria, but beyond that testers are often evaluated to see if they participated in the way the devs wanted. I've seen players that don't get flagged to not be reinvited to future betas.

    Test at R4, provide your feedback, then wait for the resources to become available to rank up and test again, would be my recommendation.

    Thanks for the feedback, but what I'm trying to test is whether or not r5ing this new Rulk would be worth hanging on to my science cats for. I can't test that without using him in the harder content. As you stated, that is likely not how they want this tested, so I will just decline to participate if that data would be irrelevant to them. I'm definitely trying to use the Red Hulk, which is what the beta is for, but I didn't know I was only allowed to use him in the ways they specified without the option of ranking him up, awakening him, etc. That seems kind of pointless since they should know many people didn't rank them up because of how poorly they performed. They should encourage us to rank them up and use them the way would normally use our champs.

    A mod actually PMd me when I asked about ranking up Rulk before I had access and told me that I'd get to rank him up without using my cats on the main server. Why would they state that if they don't want me ranking up champs? Seems like you're stating different objectives than they currently have, but since you reply more than mods do then that's what people are going to believe.

    Your response makes me wonder if my first bullet point is somehow invisible on your computer.
  • Options
    If it had a prize, it would be better
  • Options
    However, we are wasting time for this and helping the cabam afterwards could be considered awards
  • Options
    Even for testing, 10 to 50 can be used
    enerji refeill:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I thought the pre reqs where lvl 55 and too have the champs that’s it
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,941 Guardian
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hear this Kabam, next time ask for volunteer to participate testing events .Don't just pick someone who just cares about his own benefit rather than improving the game for everyone.

    Yeah Kabam, next time do the exact the same thing you did this time by asking for volunteers!

    Can you please be kind enough to show me where kabam asked for volunteers for this beta?

    Kabam asked for volunteers by sending out an offer to a controlled subset of players. While a limited number of players were offered an opportunity to participate, those players had to explicitly volunteer to participate. Not everyone was given the opportunity to volunteer, but every beta tester had to volunteer to test.
  • Options
    kj86kj86 Posts: 3
    This is not labour. This is community feedback. Something the community has been asking for, for a long time. Like when you test out a product before buying, or test screening of unfinished movies in cinemas before wider release.
    The devs will be doing in the work, looking at how the player base is using the champs and where they find it effective and where they're struggling to use the modified abilities.
  • Options
    Zakonn1Zakonn1 Posts: 30
    edited January 2018
    I was quite happy to be a part of the beta. Got some insight into the possible upcoming changes and shared with my alliance. Knowing first hand what's coming and giving my opinion about the changes before they happen is reward enough.
    Remember that big "nerf" patch awhile ago (don't remember the exact patch number) that dropped SW, DS, and some others down a few tiers, bet you wish those champ changes had a beta like this one with player feedback before chages were appled/not appled/changed.
Sign In or Register to comment.