**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade Nerf rumor

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    SW + Wolvie/Mag/Cyk vs Blade + Spark/GR.

4 champs vs 3 champs.

I might use Wolvie to attack but not Mag and Cyk.

I will use Spark and GR to Attack.

So...
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Kabam everyone is so anxious about a blade nerf so please just give them what they want. Make him another DS
  • Options
    Pow3rKatPow3rKat Posts: 18
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Apparently its sooner then later lol

994kwfitsqil.jpg

Fake news, guys...
    • Check the name. It says 'Kabam Miike' and not 'Kabam Mikee'.
    • Check the date: It says Jan 8... the date the program was released
    • Chech the syntax: What is 'testing beta"? The correct one is 'beta testing'.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Pow3rKat wrote: »
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Apparently its sooner then later lol

994kwfitsqil.jpg

Fake news, guys...
    • Check the name. It says 'Kabam Miike' and not 'Kabam Mikee'.
    • Check the date: It says Jan 8... the date the program was released
    • Chech the syntax: What is 'testing beta"? The correct one is 'beta testing'.

You are correct in that it is fake, but Kabam Miike’s name is actually Miike and not Mikee
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Daily blade nerf thread ho hum. If there were to be a change it should be to his synergies not him.
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Wait @Mcord117... I think @Shrimkins point is that SW, Thor, BW and DS were all super OP against the champ pool that was in the game pre 12.0. You could take a 3* version of any of those champs at a high enough level and work through Act 4 pretty easily.

The nerfs around Thor, SW, BW and DS all sat wrong with me because they were developing and releasing champs that were meant to counter those champs and then tossed in a nerf on top of that. AND they also added the damage difference metric if you're fighting between different star level champs. The reason they did this is because people were finishing the RoL with a 3* Level 99 SL and a PB team (this is how I finished RoL). Could I have done it a different way? Sure! It would've cost me 10x the units...

If Blade is mowing down LoL champs, he may not get nerfed right away, but most people I know that have LoL'ed have dropped a thousand units or so... so Kabam will nerf any champ that takes away their earnings on one of the few areas of the game where units are spent en masse. When something affects their bottom line, they change it. The whales find the new OP champs and that triggers the masses to covet them. Then, they wait until enough people are fished in on the new OP champ... and BOOM... Nerf City... Population: Us

Speaking as someone playing from the ages of the perfect block teams, when they nerf the things that save you money on units, it hurts no matter what... even if the nerfs are justified. The way the game works, we get the best champs the RNG gives us and try to do the best we can with them and when we figure out a way to play within our budget, they change the rules and mix up the pot again.
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    Wait @Mcord117... I think @Shrimkins point is that SW, Thor, BW and DS were all super OP against the champ pool that was in the game pre 12.0. You could take a 3* version of any of those champs at a high enough level and work through Act 4 pretty easily.

The nerfs around Thor, SW, BW and DS all sat wrong with me because they were developing and releasing champs that were meant to counter those champs and then tossed in a nerf on top of that. AND they also added the damage difference metric if you're fighting between different star level champs. The reason they did this is because people were finishing the RoL with a 3* Level 99 SL and a PB team (this is how I finished RoL). Could I have done it a different way? Sure! It would've cost me 10x the units...

If Blade is mowing down LoL champs, he may not get nerfed right away, but most people I know that have LoL'ed have dropped a thousand units or so... so Kabam will nerf any champ that takes away their earnings on one of the few areas of the game where units are spent en masse. When something affects their bottom line, they change it. The whales find the new OP champs and that triggers the masses to covet them. Then, they wait until enough people are fished in on the new OP champ... and BOOM... Nerf City... Population: Us

Speaking as someone playing from the ages of the perfect block teams, when they nerf the things that save you money on units, it hurts no matter what... even if the nerfs are justified. The way the game works, we get the best champs the RNG gives us and try to do the best we can with them and when we figure out a way to play within our budget, they change the rules and mix up the pot again.

Anyone who had the pre-12 god tier knows how insane it is to compare blade to any of them.

This is nothing but a bunch of crying babies mad about their mystic wars getting destroyed.

Wonder how they’re gonna feel after void, new red hulk, and new luke cage are released.. and they realize mystic wars got shoved deeper into its grave.

It’s never coming back. Keep crying though.

And when they finally hide defenders again, they’ll all be crying about how hard AW is.
  • Options
    Pow3rKatPow3rKat Posts: 18
    edited January 2018
    You are correct in that it is fake, but Kabam Miike’s name is actually Miike and not Mikee

Yeap, you are right one this one. I always thought it was with double E, at the end. :#

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Rektor wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I would not be surprised in the least bit if they nerfed him.

When the answer to the entirety of content in the game appears to be "bring Blade", it is very reminisce of pre-12.0

Any player who indicates that they don't think he is OP, is just lying to themselves.

You obviously never played much pre 12.0. I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again: SW, Thor, BW, DS were all far more OP than any champ today. Especially SW and Thor.

All these people crying nerf are all just still angry over 12.0.

I am sorry but that is straight bs. I had Thor and ds at 5/50 and neither held a candle to blade as is. Black widow was even more behind. Now scarlet witch one can make an argument for based on the content available at the time but if she still existed in today’s game as she was blade would still clearly out shine her.

Lol.

Dr strange was unkillable. Thorns? Easy. Slashed tires? Easy. Electro on thorns? Still finish at full health. Heal block AQ symb? Nope, still healing. Class disadvantage? Lol. ROL wolverine? Check. Blocking an attack from a 18k attack level AQ boss? 0 damage during armor up. 200k health enemy? Follow that perfect block armor up with a 32k damage 3x armor-breaking sp2 during fury. Got buffs? Lol counterspell says no u don’t. Bleed/poison node.. sure, why not. Lifesteal can keep you alive anyway.

Let’s not even talk about him before any of his nerfs.. back when he was standing on 2 feet and moved like Vision.

Strange was a one man army. Could clear anything at any time against anyone.

Blade by himself is idk.. maybe old man Logan compared to OG strange. Throw in his synergies, and Blade is maybe upgraded to x-23 in comparison. There is no comparison. Your entire post is an insult.

You can be at 2% life with blade against a 40k aw boss and be at 70% health in a matter of a couple of blocking cycles. Ds pre 12.0 was awesome, don’t get me wrong, go further back with perfect block and it was even greater. But blade is right there or better. Much higher damage output, better power gain, more accessible regen, etc. I don’t begrudge anyone, I am not coming from a point of I am saying he should be changed. I only commented on people trying to act like he is far less than those champs, that’s just bs lying.

Blade is maybe and upgrade x23? Lol, good one

You could go from 2% health to 70% in 1 special with DS.

Blade has better power gain? HAHA don't make me laugh.

Better damage output? With danger sense and champs that bleed then sure but take away any of those and blade's damage goes down the toilet. DS could wreck any champ in fury phase.

Don't even get me started on Thor. 100k damage in a single SP3 was easy. He could do as much damage as blade in 5 punches as blade can in 5 combos and an sp2.

Trying to compare blade to any 12.0 champ that got nerfed is laughable. Seriously stop talking about stuff you have no clue about.

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

When the answer to the entirety of content in the game appears to be "bring Blade", it is very reminisce of pre-12.0

Any player who indicates that they don't think he is OP, is just lying to themselves.

The difference here is though, that many champs can beat the content out. It isn't that Blade is the only champ to do new event quests, LOL, wars etc.

I don't have Blade, done LOL, clear paths in war easy, AQ and event quests, act 5.

With SW she was needed in a crit team to do most things, that isn't the case with Blade, numerous champs are available to clear things.

So I don't see why Blade should need to be nerfed
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★

You obviously never played much pre 12.0. I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again: SW, Thor, BW, DS were all far more OP than any champ today. Especially SW and Thor.

I am sorry but that is straight bs. I had Thor and ds at 5/50 and neither held a candle to blade as is. Black widow was even more behind. Now scarlet witch one can make an argument for based on the content available at the time but if she still existed in today’s game as she was blade would still clearly out shine her.

You tell nonsense like for real.

Thor pre 12.0, with a 3 Star you could one shot maestro from acte 4 with 1 sp 3 and 3 Armor break.
    SW was just power locking, stunning, and regen all the fight long while dealing insane damages through furys and stuff.
    Blade is very strong today, but nothing compared to those two
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    MMCskippy wrote: »

Anyone who had the pre-12 god tier knows how insane it is to compare blade to any of them.

This is nothing but a bunch of crying babies mad about their mystic wars getting destroyed.

Wonder how they’re gonna feel after void, new red hulk, and new luke cage are released.. and they realize mystic wars got shoved deeper into its grave.

It’s never coming back. Keep crying though.

And when they finally hide defenders again, they’ll all be crying about how hard AW is.

I had Thor and ds at 5/50 max sig. blade is on par or better

No... no he isn't.

If you think that, then you didn't know how to use Thor or DS properly
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Awww... The DS, DS, SW combo in AQ was money saved! That was the bomb!

When there wasn't a limit on the armor breaks Thor could drop, he could lay waste...

And DS, before they lengthened his cycle timer, he could wail...

And a 3* SW Level 99? She could down any content.

I don't have a Blade...

But what are his stats in the ultimate tests... WS in RoL and Rulk in LoL? How many hits to kill?

I'm too lazy to sift through old screen shots with my fight stats using 3" SL and 3" SW on WS in RoL... I think the hits to kill were lower than any 4* champ at this time.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yep, a 5*65 Blade with synergies and 3 Boosts is certainly strong. Still don't expect to see that Blade kill WS in 10 hits or less. It's not really an equal comparison given the differences in ranks, synergies, boosts, and differing states of the game as well.
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    RedRooster wrote: »
    TKal wrote: »
    When did they nerfed Quake, or Gwenpool, or voodoo ? Must have missed those ones

I'm assuming the Quake one is in relation to the fact that if you evade specials, the aftershock debuff is not applied... that sounded more like a bug fix though. It was a really long time ago now... during Choe's.

Gwenpool is the reduction in bleed chance off a heavy a month or so ago.

DV is the removal of the invisible debuff that gave you extra healing from will power, just within the last week.

I consider 2/3 of those to be bug fixes.

gwenpools nerf doesnt seem like that big of a deal
  • Options
    VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    belli300 wrote: »

I agree I had those champs then and I have blade now 5* 5/65 and pre 12.0 sw was the real deal basically invincible with a crit team and high sig level blade is good don’t get me wrong but to be great he needs gr who imo is only being revered as god tier because of his blade synergy. If you want blade save your crystal shards and quit complaining.

i still have my dr strange at r4 from pre 12.0, i dont even have very many r4, i used my rank down gem on r4 nightcrawler for some reason...
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Yeah, things are just way different now, with the new synergy system, LoL, and the power-creep of the game. So it's harder to definitely say Blade is stronger in today's current meta than Thor/DS were in their day, but no one can say Blade is not at the top of the champ list as it stands. But I expect the answer to Blade will come in the form of nodes more likely to lessen his abilities, or champs that counter him more directly, as Mephisto was made for IceMan.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    He will be nerfed. Trust me. After the crystal because they want everyone to burn their red shards. Seen it in the past
  • Options
    SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    The crybaby kids whining to nerf him because they don’t have him are a joke. I never cried for a champ to get nerfed because I don’t have him
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018

Not sure what's so OP about the trio from this video. Use AA or Quake for Magik, Iceman for Mephisto and Nightcrawler, and Vision for Green Goblin and Voodoo and you'd get the same result.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Heard that about Dr Strange too right after the defender crystal he was in.