Options

Attention stark chasers!!!

If you cant do 7mill dont bother.

Comments

• Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Why not? They can still get in the pool, and hope that the cutoff fall on the lower end. Anyone going for him should try to put up as many points as they possibly can. That's what I would do.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I always do my best, even if I can't grind for the champ to get to at least rank rewards. If nothing else if enough do that it will lower the cut offs since it's % based.
  • Options
    ZenioZenio Posts: 106
    I am not selfish, but why get in pool to help someone else get him if I can’t 👀
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    Good thing it's the weekend and who knows the exact cutoff anyways..AA is a good featured champ
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    WhatRYou wrote: »
    Lovingkid wrote: »

So if you cant score an average of %90 in school, you should just quit school?!?!?!, gotcha!!!

I quit the game because i dont get out of school until 3pm and i dont get home until 5pm. So it is basically useless to grind the arenas. I can't even grind for 3 star featured arenas. Just because of school CURSES!!!!!
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★

So if you cant score an average of %90 in school, you should just quit school?!?!?!, gotcha!!!

I quit the game because i dont get out of school until 3pm and i dont get home until 5pm. So it is basically useless to grind the arenas. I can't even grind for 3 star featured arenas. Just because of school CURSES!!!!!

LOL, I wasn't implying that you should quit school for this game......the OP's statement for not bothering to grind if you cant get a certain score made me think of that example!!
    Its like saying, don't bother with school if you cant score 90%!! Kinda of a bad mentality IMO!
    Hes trying to discourage people to grind for him so he can benefit from it!!
  • Options
    WhatRYouWhatRYou Posts: 443 ★★

Im also happy to hear that you made the right decision for yourself!!
    Stay in school and educate yourself!! Creates a better world!
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Waste of time grinding for 7mil for a 4*
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,393 ★★★★★
    Of course, if only people who can grind 7 million play the arena, then 7 million will only get you into the 61-100% bracket...
  • Options
    Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    5.5 mil max he will go for ...
    Top rated people won’t even look at 4*s now ..
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

Not true, having a 4* and 5* sparky is handy if you want to run one in AQ and one in AW. Plus it is easier for top players to grind out 7m without even refreshing with their maxed out rosters.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    Waste of time grinding for 7mil for a 4*

Not if you have a 5-star Blade and 4/5-star Ghost Rider but don't have the Spark, it isn't

Blade's coming back around the bend. If you got enough shards to give that a go but no Spark, what are you supoosed to do? Pray for Danger Sense to proc out of thin air?

• Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Top Players are not the problem on this arena. There are more people needing a god tier 4 star champ. I remember the first Deadpool arena, it was crazy high (for the time), only a few did it and there were very few 4 stars back then.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Right because sentry 4* didn’t go for 18m twice. That’s top rated people pushing those numbers up. Aa is an absolute beast at 4* even he clears lane like no one else for me in act 5 100%
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

Right because sentry 4* didn’t go for 18m twice. That’s top rated people pushing those numbers up. Aa is an absolute beast at 4* even he clears lane like no one else for me in act 5 100%

Well, it's hard to tell without hard data. We can take a look at the leaderboards for those arenas... but the top rated players should be a minority of the player base. I think the real problem is with people over-achieving the goal. You can still go for the 1% rank reward. This is a basic hero arena, not the featured one, so we shouldn't expect 18m on this one.

Also consider Sparky is already in all the crystals, and top players already got him through the featured arena or the crystals by now (he was on the free crystal kabam gave last year as well).

So I don't think top players will have much weight on it, I think getting in the pool is the best option, more people going for the milestones will make the pool of winners bigger.

You do need to waste a lot of time playing the arena though. My sparky is level 70 now, so there is no point on trying to get him, I will probably do a few milestones just to get battlechips. People need to relax a little bit about this champion, he is going to have a high cutoff, but do not start comparing this arena to the featured one, cause that one has 5 stars playing.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Zenio wrote: »
    The same person you helped is going to solo your BG in AW with stark spidey...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Well, it's hard to tell without hard data. We can take a look at the leaderboards for those arenas... but the top rated players should be a minority of the player base. I think the real problem is with people over-achieving the goal. You can still go for the 1% rank reward. This is a basic hero arena, not the featured one, so we shouldn't expect 18m on this one.

Also consider Sparky is already in all the crystals, and top players already got him through the featured arena or the crystals by now (he was on the free crystal kabam gave last year as well).

So I don't think top players will have much weight on it, I think getting in the pool is the best option, more people going for the milestones will make the pool of winners bigger.

You do need to waste a lot of time playing the arena though. My sparky is level 70 now, so there is no point on trying to get him, I will probably do a few milestones just to get battlechips. People need to relax a little bit about this champion, he is going to have a high cutoff, but do not start comparing this arena to the featured one, cause that one has 5 stars playing.

I totally agree with you. I’m Was just speculating the reason for a high cutoff for a bad champ.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    Zenio wrote: »

That's a question only you can answer. However, every time you ask a question about this game to anyone outside your alliance, the people who answer you have to make that same calculation. Helping you in any way get better ultimately harms me, as you could one day be my competition in the arena, in AQ, and in AW. The less skilled and knowledgeable everyone else is, the better off I am in every competitive part of the game.

For me, the answer to that question is I don't mind helping other players, because I don't need or want to win anything in this game by deliberately withholding information from other players. If giving someone information about the game makes them better than me, then they were always better than me.

When I can, I go for the milestones in the arena events if I am not directly shooting for something. I do that because it helps me getting those rewards, but it is also true that at no time do I consider whether I should deliberately dump an event to lower the number of people who could get a good champion. That's not how I want to succeed in this game. For me, that's good enough. Everyone else needs to come to their own decision.
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Not worth grinding that much for a 4* anymore
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I agree. There isn't one 4* in the game I'd do that much arena for anymore.
  • Options

Coz sentry was in featured and he’s a brand new champion that’s why.

Mr starky is already in basic 5*s

the people who push Those crazy milestones are top of the line and I will be surprised to see if they participate.

Thinking about it more my new estimate 5-5.5 mil

• Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    It will take over 6 million to get him. Probably not quite 7 million but over 6.
  • Options
    Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    I've still almost all the 2x 4* boosts that were given out after the last arena with major downtime along with a full compliment of regular 4* boosts and will be using as many as I need to with refreshes and probably a few of my stockpiled 20% boosts too to maximize my points in minimal time.
  • Options
    opx0h3dsyf58.jpeg