**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's talk about the choiche of mechanics in Collector's fight.

Forum was made to discuss right? let's have a giggle.Title says all.

Comments

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 56
    Just having watched Dorky Diggety Dave, Seatin and ContestChampion play through, I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief.
    Why is there such a massive step up from 5.1--->5.2?
    Why will the Collector take a normal player like me well over 40/50 revives (if not a lot more)
    Why does the degen completely destroy us but not the opponent?
    Yes, I get Kabam will say its story content, its going to be around forever but there is NOTHING that will ever be released that will make that fight any easier.
    Seatin was talking about Kabam and #milkthewhales and I'm sad to say that this sort of lazy, money grabbing design proves him right.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    The degen destroys us because it's based on current health. So when you have degen on them you've only got 10k health which means 200 a tic. (Ish) but they've got 80k health which means 900 a tic. Which destroys you and barely tickles them
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    It wash pain full. And not the reward worth it
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I just finished it and posted about strategy that others may have come up with other than items ( how I had to do it) but I'm yet to hear any.
  • Options
    Slasherx44Slasherx44 Posts: 20
    The rewards are terrible considering the difficulty of the content. Even if you have a solid roster of 5* champs you will struggle, and the collector fight is just another sad money grab attempt. You COULD justify the difficulty if the rewards were amazing, but that sadly isn't the case.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I used 10 revives on my 5* magik on him but 3 revives were wasted on missed parries/blocks at the start of the fight. I was taking off about 25-30k per run with magik
  • Options
    Without the collector fight I'd say the rewards were more or less ok for the difficulty. Nothing else was really really out of the ordinary. But the final fight is so unbelievably money grabbing that the rewards should be bumped up for that alone
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    This isn't even the end. There are 2 more chapters to be released.
    And, act 6 will probably feature infinity Thanos as the final boss, along with the Dark Order in the entire act.
    Just imagine it. 4-star champ will not be anything there
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    This isn't even the end. There are 2 more chapters to be released.
    And, act 6 will probably feature infinity Thanos as the final boss, along with the Dark Order in the entire act.
    Just imagine it. 4-star champ will not be anything there

You'll be looking at teams of 4/55 5* and maybe even a couple 5/65 too
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I was thinking Mordo, since he can block unblockable?
  • Options
    @Morgan I don't remember act 4 chapter 4 having 4K Pi enemies. You can compare act 4 chapter 1 enemies to act 5 chapter 2. They have a good progression going on. No you don't need a 5* roster. I used one 5* and 4 4* at 5/50 and it wasn't too bad except for the collector in the last quest
  • Options
    @X_Scott mordo is a great idea for that. I forgot he could do that
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @X_Scott mordo is a great idea for that. I forgot he could do that

good luck baiting specials if you have to block 0.5 before their release.

Right now from what i can figure a Vision or Dormammu with a special sp2/3 150% power regain boost looks to be the best solution

And then ability accuracy reduction hits and you are no longer able to power drain...
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Memba when Black Widow was always the answer?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    spumington wrote: »
    You're comparing story content to end-game content like ROL or LOL. Story content shouldn't be that hard. Provide a good challenge, but Sally Soccer Mom who plays this game 15 minutes every day should still be able to get through story content. Things like ROL or LOL (or Road, for that matter) are not designed for casual players. Story content should be.

In general, for most MMOs I would agree. However, that doesn't seem to be the way Kabam is treating what they call "story quests." In this game, what I would call "standard content" appears to be the monthly events. What Kabam calls story quests is what in most other MMOs I would call progressional gated content. Even Act 4 is not really "standard content" in terms of MMO difficulty for the center of mass of the player base: it is only just barely becoming so as the average of the playerbase moves forward.

For MCOC, our personal XP level is not really comparable to MMO level. Our roster strength is more comparable to a levelless MMO progression mark. The Story Quests are a "you must be this tall to ride this ride" sequence of content, where Act 1 is the easy stuff, Act 2 and Act 3 look like most MMO conventional story trajectories, and Act 4 is the level cap content. Act 5 looks like advanced post-cap content in most MMOs that isn't part of the progression sequence: it is the rough equivalent of the "you must have some of the strongest rare loot to do this content" type stuff.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    You're comparing story content to end-game content like ROL or LOL. Story content shouldn't be that hard. Provide a good challenge, but Sally Soccer Mom who plays this game 15 minutes every day should still be able to get through story content. Things like ROL or LOL (or Road, for that matter) are not designed for casual players. Story content should be.

In general, for most MMOs I would agree. However, that doesn't seem to be the way Kabam is treating what they call "story quests." In this game, what I would call "standard content" appears to be the monthly events. What Kabam calls story quests is what in most other MMOs I would call progressional gated content. Even Act 4 is not really "standard content" in terms of MMO difficulty for the center of mass of the player base: it is only just barely becoming so as the average of the playerbase moves forward.

For MCOC, our personal XP level is not really comparable to MMO level. Our roster strength is more comparable to a levelless MMO progression mark. The Story Quests are a "you must be this tall to ride this ride" sequence of content, where Act 1 is the easy stuff, Act 2 and Act 3 look like most MMO conventional story trajectories, and Act 4 is the level cap content. Act 5 looks like advanced post-cap content in most MMOs that isn't part of the progression sequence: it is the rough equivalent of the "you must have some of the strongest rare loot to do this content" type stuff.

I disagree with you. The monthly quests are timed events that the player can do within a limited timeframe. You see those pop up in MMOs too.

I don't mind a good challenge. It's fun to play games that require a certain approach to succeed. Things like Caltrops or bleed/poison lines or power gain...things that make you think outside the box to construct a team that's able to beat certain content...that's how the story mode should be. Because it's a permanent part of the story of the game. Everyone should have access to it. When you have players that are at the top of the game (the ones that have completed the end-game content) struggling with the story content, then it's a big problem. That means you're going to alienate the average players that want to play the basic parts of the game.

I've heard some people say that 5.2 is harder than LOL. There may be some hyperbole there, but the fact that it's anywhere close tells me that Kabam made a big mistake with this story content.
  • Options
    Adding my opinion here. I like the fact that the story quests are getting more difficult. I do like having a challenge that I won't be able to do in a matter of weeks. I have a long term plan for chapter 2, which I do like that I have to do that.

But, the collector boss is too much. He's so OP it's silly. He shouldn't be as difficult as he is, if he were toned down, then it would be perfect.

My 3 gripes with act 5.2
    -collector boss
    -magik with buffet and that other one (buffet but for negative effects)
    -strange with the same nodes as that magik

If they were toned down, I would have no complaints about the difficultly of 5.2
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    I disagree with you.

I'm not sure in what way. I said basically that Kabam is not treating the Story content in the way you seem to be implying you want them to. If you disagree, you're saying they are in fact treating the Story content in that way, in which case you wouldn't have anything to complain about.
  • Options
    The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    Check the YouTube video of Atromix, he takes out over half hp of Collector in one go with The Vision.

https://youtu.be/w2_IlWSx3Uw
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Yeah he wrecked him. Dude is an intercept beast. The first half of the collector is the easier part... it's the rest of the fight that is a real pain in the ...
  • Options
    I watch all his videos because he is the most skilled youtuber. He shows it a possible to beat him with limited resources
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm in the process of 5.2, haven't gotten very far yet, I tend to research everything as well as I can to save resources. No doubt it's difficult!
    It was my understanding that the difficulty is actually inflated for a while and by completing early we gained the Collectors favor. Whatever that is. So if it's actually inflated the difficulty might actually be where it needs to be. People trying it in a few months won't have near the trouble with it.
    Of course I could be totally wrong but that was just my understanding.
  • Options
    I'm taking my time with it and doing it after event quests each month. I'm in no hurry to complete it either. I want to see more videos for it before I finish it