**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Difference in tap and Crystal Wait Out

I was wondering if waiting out a crystal is better than tapping it mid-way thru. I actually have good luck both ways on the 4* crystals. Tapped- X-23 and Quake. Untapped- Kingroot and Kingpin. So I was wondering if I should let it spin out of tap it.

Comments

• Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    The result is decided when you put the crystal in the middle to spin, and tapping it immediately, or waiting for it to time out, has no bearing on anything. And you would get same result from just hitting Open. The only difference is that watching the reel builds suspense, and wastes time =P
  • Options
    AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    The advantage of popping crystals is not seeing the crystal land on a gambit in between a mephisto and magik.😭
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    The only difference is how long it takes to find out what you got.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,663 Guardian
    I was wondering if waiting out a crystal is better than tapping it mid-way thru. I actually have good luck both ways on the 4* crystals. Tapped- X-23 and Quake. Untapped- Kingroot and Kingpin. So I was wondering if I should let it spin out of tap it.

It really doesn't matter, once you tap it, you get what you get, and maybe throw a fit if its Spider-Gwen...

Just to amplify, I believe it has been tested in the past, while you are spinning a crystal the results show up in your in-game alliance feed. So when people say it makes no difference, its not just a question of the RNG not caring, it is because the moment you either click to open or start spinning the result is literally decided and already put into your account. The spin itself is just for fun.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It really doesn't matter, once you tap it, you get what you get, and maybe throw a fit if its Spider-Gwen...

Just to amplify, I believe it has been tested in the past, while you are spinning a crystal the results show up in your in-game alliance feed. So when people say it makes no difference, its not just a question of the RNG not caring, it is because the moment you either click to open or start spinning the result is literally decided and already put into your account. The spin itself is just for fun.

Thats so weird! So if you had an alliance member watching the feed they could tell you what you got before you saw it yourself if it was spinning. Interesting...
  • Options
    KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Thats so weird! So if you had an alliance member watching the feed they could tell you what you got before you saw it yourself if it was spinning. Interesting...

That's correct. Witnessed it myself