**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* luck

Is probably a lot better when you have thousands of black market units to throw at fgmc and gmc crystals.

Recently, many high tier users participated in a complicated fraud scheme in which they were able to purchase units thru a 3rd party at a huge discount. The third party used stolen cc numbers and SIM cards, logged in to these players accounts and loaded them with units. You can count the game violations there but the bigger deal is the crime.

When it was noticed, those players only received 7 day bans. Notice a shake up in the alliance leader boards? This is why. But now, those players are back. They weren't perma banned. Compare that to actions taken in other situations against players. Why only 7 days? When this happened in the past, the offending players were allowed to "buy back" their accounts by purchasing units in the right way. Everything about all this is just wrong.

And I'm sure many would question the story, and they'd be right to. But the information is out there with details. It's not some wacky conspiracy theory. I'd suggest checking reddit or asking other high-end players that keep tabs on each other and the happening at the top of the leader board. This is all common knowledge at this point for them.. And I think it should be for every other player.

Comments

• Forgot to add that the accounts stayed the same after the ban. Looks like nothing was taken away.

What's the lesson here? Not a very good one. Because this is much more than a game exploit or content clearing by a merc. Those are battlerealm crimes. These are real world crimes. We're kinda seeing which one is considered worse
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Yea must be nice. If I knew it was gonna be a week ban I would have done the deal also
  • Well now you know lol. Seems like the next step is finding out the spending cutoff to stay safe lmao
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Apache wrote: »
    Yea must be nice. If I knew it was gonna be a week ban I would have done the deal also

Then you’re as bad as them. They are paying less because the third party steals money from real people. If you would do that then you are just as bad as them
  • I think he was being sarcastic to point out the problem with the precedent they're setting
    edited January 2018
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I think he was being sarcastic to point out the problem with the precedent they're setting

Bit of an odd thing to be sarcastic about, but if he is then fair enough. I just think it’s disgusting to, in good faith, pay a third party to do something illegal Just so you can get units for 1/3 of the price. I am personally disgusted at kabam for not permanently banning these people and for not reporting them to police. They are stealing, breaking the law, for a GAME! They need to be punished. It looks like kabam aren’t punishing them because they are big spenders. If I had a company I would never have it associated with any customer who practiced tactics like this to get a foothold in the game. They would be banned permanently.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    I think he was being sarcastic to point out the problem with the precedent they're setting

Bit of an odd thing to be sarcastic about, but if he is then fair enough. I just think it’s disgusting to, in good faith, pay a third party to do something illegal Just so you can get units for 1/3 of the price. I am personally disgusted at kabam for not permanently banning these people and for not reporting them to police. They are stealing, breaking the law, for a GAME! They need to be punished. It looks like kabam aren’t punishing them because they are big spenders. If I had a company I would never have it associated with any customer who practiced tactics like this to get a foothold in the game. They would be banned permanently.

Agree 100% and the rest of the community needs to have the same stance. "oh we're OK with sheltering criminals and allowing them to keep their account and keep playing because ooooooh boy do they pay well" isn't the way it should be. It won't change unless there's an outcry

Agree 100% and the rest of the community needs to have the same stance. "oh we're OK with sheltering criminals and allowing them to keep their account and keep playing because ooooooh boy do they pay well" isn't the way it should be. It won't change unless there's an outcry

And yet it seems like kabam are silencing the outcry. I’ve noticed that threads on this topic have one of three outcomes
    1) deleted immediately
    2) closed with the usual shtick about no discussing bans
    3) ignored by kabam, but (and this is the shadiest part) new replies stop bumping the threads, as if kabam want to bury it in the forum
  • Oh for sure. This one hasn't bumped once. But that alone tells you their stance. They'd rather people just didn't know about the issue at all. The tos only matters if it applies to everyone. They've shown it absolutely does not.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Forgot to mention the enormous amount of 6* shards probably collected as well, setting them up for the future. Agree that it should be a permanent ban, if nothing else other than to set an example of not condoning this behaviour. Kabam is complicit in their inaction and is showing that at high levels, you don't have to suffer consequences.
  • "we don't discuss actions taken against accounts, but we do allow people to participate in fraud and keep their accounts"
    Looking like there’s another bout of bannings in one of the top alliances not naming any names cough cøugh. 12 members not logged in in over 12 hours. If this is for the unit fraud then hopefully it’ll be longer than a week
  • Yup. I've seen one login screen shot floating around saying "permanent" but no way to confirm who it came from. I'm certainly hoping that's the way the rest of them go. Also seeing some Summoners that didn't think it was a big deal (and were friends of theirs) leaving their alliance to try for top war rewards... Maybe there's a rebuild happening? Idk.