**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Haves and Have Nots.

A year on from 12.0 and we’re back to square one. The haves and have nots. There’s a 5 man team in this game that has practically no weaknesses.

Blade
Stark
Ghostrider
Archangel
Iceman.

I’m not calling for nerfs as I hope to get this team in the future. But literally everybody in the game is aiming for a select few champions. I’d go as far as saying that this team is just as powerful as the god tier pre-12.0 team, mainly because these guys can be maxed 5*s. After 22nd Feb when literally every mid to top tier player has opened as many Blade crystals as they can, they’re gonna have another 12.0 situation on their hands. It doesn’t seem as bad now while Blade (the new Scarlet Witch) isn’t in the basic 5*, but it’s coming.

What does everyone think? Are nerfs coming? Can this game survive another round of nerfs, after what happened the first time?

Comments

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    LM796 wrote: »
    A year on from 12.0 and we’re back to square one. The haves and have nots. There’s a 5 man team in this game that has practically no weaknesses.

Blade
    Stark
    Ghostrider
    Archangel
    Iceman.

I’m not calling for nerfs as I hope to get this team in the future. But literally everybody in the game is aiming for a select few champions. I’d go as far as saying that this team is just as powerful as the god tier pre-12.0 team, mainly because these guys can be maxed 5*s. After 22nd Feb when literally every mid to top tier player has opened as many Blade crystals as they can, they’re gonna have another 12.0 situation on their hands. It doesn’t seem as bad now while Blade (the new Scarlet Witch) isn’t in the basic 5*, but it’s coming.

What does everyone think? Are nerfs coming? Can this game survive another round of nerfs, after what happened the first time?

Yes nerfs will come and yes it will be survived.

Blades only been around a couple months, people won't quit it if he's adjusted.

I'm pretty sure they are making more now than before 12.0 so it will sure survive.

Maybe a mini boycott will arrive and they might have to do some emergency changes again to give them mini buffs, but it will defo survive.
  • Options
    Blade won't and shouldn't be nerfed anytime soon but the holy trinity of him, stark enhanced spidey and ghostrider's synergies probably will be reworked
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    No matter what there will always be some champs that stand out above the rest.
    Stark spidey, GR and blade isn’t nearly as powerful as they’re made out to be, if they were then the guy in my alliance that has all 3 would make it through day 5 easy, but he doesnt
  • Options
    LM796LM796 Posts: 55
    @DarkestDestroyer hmm, I think a second round of nerfs could cost them big time. How could anyone grind to earn a champ, or even pay for them with an absurd amount of money in the 3-5* featured crystal, knowing Kabam could literally nerf them 3 months later?

It’s an interesting situation where they have only themselves to blame for creating such a poor balance of characters. The best way out of this situation would be either buffing a load of old champs, or equally big nerfs to defensive champs to bring it all level.
  • Options

Addyos wrote: »
    For pete's sake can we stop with the nerf threads? Everyone is either for or against nerfs, and everyone is stating the same arguments over and over. It's getting quite tiresome.
    And btw I normally ignore nerf posts, but clicked on this one because I didn't think it was about nerfs. Wasted three minutes of my life; one to read the post and two to type this rant lol.

This is not a nerf post, I absolutely do not want nerfs. What I’m saying though, is that I believe they will be nerfed as we are in an identical situation to the pre-12.0 nerfs; everybody in the game aiming for 5/6 champions.

• Options
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    Another day, another nerf blade post.

Not a nerf post. Don’t want nerfs, I’ve got shards saved up for Blade next month. Hope I get him, if not it’s not the end of the world. Doesn’t change the fact that we’re back to square one with the haves and have nots.

What I’m trying to emphasise is Kabam get themselves into this situation, and go about fixing it the wrong way. They should buff more champions up to their level so we can use a massive range of champions that they designed, people wanna use their favourite comic book hero, but they can’t if they are awful.

• Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    This team doesn't come close to pre 12.0 SW... seriously. Lmk when any of those champs can power lock and stun lock and regen for what was an infinite amount of time, and hit crits like pre nerf SW could
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    What happened to starlord all of a sudden?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    This team doesn't come close to pre 12.0 SW... seriously. Lmk when any of those champs can power lock and stun lock and regen for what was an infinite amount of time, and hit crits like pre nerf SW could

Agreed. They're not close to what the old God Tier was and just because alot of people are using them doesn't mean they will be nerfed.
  • Options

What happened to starlord all of a sudden?

He’s great and all, but in my opinion he doesn’t get into that team. Useful on his own of course, but Stark’s synergy with Blade and equal damage output puts him above SL on many players’ lists.

• Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    They need to buff Sentry that’s what they really need to do #buffsentry
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    I’d go as far as saying that this team is just as powerful as the god tier pre-12.0 team

I don't know what the god tier pre-12.0 team was, but I don't think any champion got nerfed for being on it. The god tier champs in 11.x appear to have been nerfed because they were uniquely powerful in extreme ways having nothing to do with what they looked like on paper and everything to do with how they were being used. For example, anyone who says any current champion is remotely close to 11.x Scarlet Witch is completely missing the point on Scarlet Witch. People were saying get her as a 3* champion and awaken her and she could do practically all of the content at the time. People were recommending 3* SW over 4* anything else to do RoL and clear Act 4 in many cases. There is no champion that exists today that is as immensely skewed as SW was. Nothing is so widely seen as the top choice for content AND actually played in the game so consistently as the top choice to clear content across the entire game.

And as to Thor, when you find something that can deal over 64,000 points of damage in a single hit as a 4* champion, then we can talk about why the devs looked at him.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I’d go as far as saying that this team is just as powerful as the god tier pre-12.0 team

I don't know what the god tier pre-12.0 team was, but I don't think any champion got nerfed for being on it. The god tier champs in 11.x appear to have been nerfed because they were uniquely powerful in extreme ways having nothing to do with what they looked like on paper and everything to do with how they were being used. For example, anyone who says any current champion is remotely close to 11.x Scarlet Witch is completely missing the point on Scarlet Witch. People were saying get her as a 3* champion and awaken her and she could do practically all of the content at the time. People were recommending 3* SW over 4* anything else to do RoL and clear Act 4 in many cases. There is no champion that exists today that is as immensely skewed as SW was. Nothing is so widely seen as the top choice for content AND actually played in the game so consistently as the top choice to clear content across the entire game.

And as to Thor, when you find something that can deal over 64,000 points of damage in a single hit as a 4* champion, then we can talk about why the devs looked at him.

SW was (would’ve been) weak against quite a few things, Abom, Dormammu, beefed up Spideys, poison/bleed nodes.

As for Thor dealing that much damage, Stark Spidey, Starlord, Loki, Hela, and I’m sure some more are no strangers to such high outputs.

You’re missing my point though, it doesn’t matter who’s more powerful out of pre-12.0 SW and X champs. It’s that right now as of today, kabam have fallen right back into the same scenario as 12.0. Everyone in the game is after a select few champs. Back to haves and have nots. After the 12.0 update they said they wanted balance, as of now there is no balance, there is a 5 man squad that can literally tackle with ease most content in the game. I don’t want them nerfed, I just want more than 5 champions to be on this high level. Balance could be achieved in 2 ways:

Nerfs which would annoy everybody, and damage the reputation (again) of the game.

Or, bringing old champions up to scratch so people can happily use a massive range of champions. They’ve gone a step in the right direction with Cage and Rulk, but there’s a massive list of champions that are just rotting in people’s rosters.

I feel this time they’d run any major changes by the community first, with the beta and content creators programmes etc, they seem to be more in touch.

TLDR; don’t want nerfs, bring a LOT more champions up to scratch. Give every champion some decent abilities.
  • Options
    sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    People were saying get her as a 3* champion and awaken her and she could do practically all of the content at the time. People were recommending 3* SW over 4* anything else to do RoL and clear Act 4 in many cases.

Although I agree with the rest of your points being that SW and Thor were extremely/too powerful, I'd still prefer using a 4* version of this team or just a maxed out 4* Blade than use 90% of the five star champs in the game to clear content easiest.

• Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★

Blade
    Stark
    Ghostrider
    Archangel
    Iceman.

I think if you’re making a comparison between those champs and the pre nerf 12.0 champs (and blade and scarlet witch), then it just goes to show how little you know of the situation, and that your argument should be discounted immediately.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Blade
    Stark
    Ghostrider
    Archangel
    Iceman.

I'm proud to say I have all their 5*s

Blade - R5
    Stark - R4
    Ghostrider - R4
    Archangel - R3
    Iceman - R4

Might r4 AA when I dupe him it's a pretty good team but still far from perfect.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The nerf posts have gone from annoying to comical. I wonder what tomorrow's will be.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    And this is why none of these are in the initial 6* pool.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I'd also like to say Medusa, Hype, DV, Hela, Angela are amazing champs too. There's a lot of champs that can be considered OP but I think the game is pretty balanced.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    You’re missing my point though, it doesn’t matter who’s more powerful out of pre-12.0 SW and X champs. It’s that right now as of today, kabam have fallen right back into the same scenario as 12.0.

I got your point just fine, you seem to have missed the point of my rebuttal, which is that we can only be in the "same scenario" if "the same scenario" is meaningful. You believe that it matters at all that we now have a really strong 5 champion team. My point is that it doesn't matter, because it never mattered before, because the nerfs had nothing to do with being able to construct a really strong five champion team.

*You* think the Blade team is "the same scenario" as pre-12.0, I get that. But I think it is unlikely the devs think it is the same scenario, and it is only their opinion that matters when it comes to whether a champion gets nerfed.
  • Options
    You’re missing my point though, it doesn’t matter who’s more powerful out of pre-12.0 SW and X champs. It’s that right now as of today, kabam have fallen right back into the same scenario as 12.0.

I got your point just fine, you seem to have missed the point of my rebuttal, which is that we can only be in the "same scenario" if "the same scenario" is meaningful. You believe that it matters at all that we now have a really strong 5 champion team. My point is that it doesn't matter, because it never mattered before, because the nerfs had nothing to do with being able to construct a really strong five champion team.

*You* think the Blade team is "the same scenario" as pre-12.0, I get that. But I think it is unlikely the devs think it is the same scenario, and it is only their opinion that matters when it comes to whether a champion gets nerfed.

That’s the thing, nobody knows what the devs think yet. They’ve always maintained that if adjustments are necessary they’ll make them, seemingly despite what the community wants.

I don’t want nerfs at all, I’d rather have something to aim for like before. Was great to finally get Scarlet Witch. Hopefully this time they don’t pull the rug out from under us when more people start to pull the God Tier 2.0.

(P.S. you say it doesn’t matter about constructing a 5 man team, it’s more dependent on unique, overpowered abilities. I believe it’s more dependent on Kabam’s wallet haha!)

• Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

Did you even read the whole thing? He said very early on “I’m not calling for nerfs”. Dude
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    They need to buff Sentry that’s what they really need to do #buffsentry

Naw he's too op lmao

in the comics
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

Did you even read the whole thing? He said very early on “I’m not calling for nerfs”. Dude

"What does everyone think? Are nerfs coming?" Lot's of the nerf posts don't actually call for nerfs. They still wind up as one more nerf post.