**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just venting, but...Arc Overload DV + IP - My $200 OG Vision = Grrrrrrrrrr

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I understand things happen, and I understand they are working in a fix.

But yeah. I bought OG Vision to handle stuff like the Expert Node with this enhanced regen, and it is less than fun that it isn't working properly when these guys are healing 1,000-plus per tick.

Just sayin'.

Comments

• Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    If you're using vision then it shouldn't be that difficult? Use the sp2, or sp1 when they're below one bar, and you get a decent heal block. I personally didn't find expert hard at all, I could just outdamage the regen or use sw to nullify.
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    If you're using vision then it shouldn't be that difficult? Use the sp2, or sp1 when they're below one bar, and you get a decent heal block. I personally didn't find expert hard at all, I could just outdamage the regen or use sw to nullify.

Correct: It shouldn't be difficult. But he's bugged now, and it isn't working properly. I should be able to lock down Voodoo's Regen immediately, and Iron Patriot shouldn't even be able to get it off.

I understand you don't know this, but I have had OG Vision since Day 1 it was available. I know exactly how this character works, the sequencing.

It's not just the power gain at the beginning that's off. The timing mechanism is broken, too. I have played the character for probably two-plus years.

I don't know how it got broken, but it's broken.

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You explained nothing with what is wrong with the champ. There is a bugs section on the forums
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    You explained nothing with what is wrong with the champ. There is a bugs section on the forums

Did you read the portion where I said the timing mechanism is off, too?

I know there's a Bugs section in the forums. My reading comprehension is pretty good. How's yours?
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Well i notice the og vision in aq isnt acquiring but a fraction of power on his synthesis. Its pretty sweet for me! Sorry for you though
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The timing mechanism isn’t specific. Is it parry timing? Is the heal block not lasting long enough? That could mean any number of things. Is synthesis not procing enough?
  • Options
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Well i notice the og vision in aq isnt acquiring but a fraction of power on his synthesis. Its pretty sweet for me! Sorry for you though

It's a little frustrating. Knew the gain at the beginning was broken, but the Synthesis timing is off, too.

• Options
    ESF wrote: »

Correct: It shouldn't be difficult. But he's bugged now, and it isn't working properly. I should be able to lock down Voodoo's Regen immediately, and Iron Patriot shouldn't even be able to get it off.

I understand you don't know this, but I have had OG Vision since Day 1 it was available. I know exactly how this character works, the sequencing.

It's not just the power gain at the beginning that's off. The timing mechanism is broken, too. I have played the character for probably two-plus years.

As it turns out, by wild coincidence I have two OG Vision fights recorded vs Abomination on Map 5, one from January 21 and one from today. This is just one data point, but I can actually see almost frame by frame exactly when synthesis fires in both fights, fighting basically the same opponent (albeit on different AQ days).

On the 21st, Synthesis fires (relative to the 3:00 minute timer) at: 2:57, 2:33, 2:08 (end of fight).
    Today, Synthesis fires at: 2:57, 2:34, 2:07, 1:43 (end of fight).

Oddly, in both cases the "synthesis" floating text did not appear on the second firing, but it did on all other firings. As far as I can tell, the timing seems to be very close to the same.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    The timing mechanism isn’t specific. Is it parry timing? Is the heal block not lasting long enough? That could mean any number of things. Is synthesis not procing enough?

Actually, I did. Because of how clauses in sentences in the same paragraph work, when i said that "it's not just the power gain at the beginning that's off. The Timing mechanism is broken,, too," what was actually stated was that the timing mechanism of the power gain is also not working properly.

• Options
    See now that’s more specific
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

As it turns out, by wild coincidence I have two OG Vision fights recorded vs Abomination on Map 5, one from January 21 and one from today. This is just one data point, but I can actually see almost frame by frame exactly when synthesis fires in both fights, fighting basically the same opponent (albeit on different AQ days).

On the 21st, Synthesis fires (relative to the 3:00 minute timer) at: 2:57, 2:33, 2:08 (end of fight).

Oddly, in both cases the "synthesis" floating text did not appear on the second firing, but it did on all other firings. As far as I can tell, the timing seems to be very close to the same.

Ah, but "very close" is not the same -- as I said, i knew the timing mechanism is off. When you play OG Vision, the sequencing is everything. Moving if off by a second actually allowed IP to trigger two Regens that I KNEW I should have had.

• Options
    themikithemiki Posts: 60
    I used Blade with GR synergy for all 3 fights. CW, X23, DPXF. Easy peezy
  • Options

Ah, but "very close" is not the same -- as I said, i knew the timing mechanism is off. When you play OG Vision, the sequencing is everything. Moving if off by a second actually allowed IP to trigger two Regens that I KNEW I should have had.

I suppose it is possible the current timing is more "variable" than it used to be. Although I use OG Vision a lot in AQ, I wouldn't say I would be able to tell the difference in one or two seconds of timing just through normal gameplay.
  • Options
    People who play these kinds of characters consistently...you can FEEL when it's changed. i have probably dropped thousands of SP2, had synthesis proc tens of thousands of times.

I am not paranoid. The timing mechanism is off.
  • Options
    People who play these kinds of characters consistently...you can FEEL when it's changed. i have probably dropped thousands of SP2, had synthesis proc tens of thousands of times.

I'm not calling you paranoid. I'm saying I can't confirm your timing feelings because separate from the video data I have, I cannot say with the same level of certainty you can that the timing has changed in a consistently reproducible way. I can do additional testing on the version of OG Vision that exists now, but I can't collect any more data on the old Vision prior to 17.0.
  • Options

I'm not calling you paranoid. I'm saying I can't confirm your timing feelings because separate from the video data I have, I cannot say with the same level of certainty you can that the timing has changed in a consistently reproducible way. I can do additional testing on the version of OG Vision that exists now, but I can't collect any more data on the old Vision prior to 17.0.

I know.

Man, it's frustrating. I am not a conspiracy guy. I just play OG Vision -- I mean, I beat ROL Wolverine with the character. The way you do that is "knowing" EXACTLY when Synthesis procs.

I know you are data-driven. That's a good way to be.

But your videos showed that I am not crazy. I am not saying the world is ending. I am saying that the timing mechanism...it's not the same. Something is different.