**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MVP players in aw should be rewarded

iwantanswersiwantanswers Posts: 36
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
What's hood?
Just chilling like a villain
So I've gotten like 30 MVP since its introduction. I feel like an extra compensation should go to those who get it. Now, I know you can get it from various path so don't tell me u can only get it from a particular path cause that's falls, I've proven this in my alliance.
I think it's only fair to give an extra reward to that player, what purpose serves me to be an MVP if there is no price behind it? It's meaningless.
Please, give us, your MVP players some good stuff.
Thanx

Comments

• Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    The way most teams run AW (assigned lanes) and the timing of participation makes the MVP award quite biased. Often times the most effective player does'nt even get the MVP in a matchup. It is a reward in itself to have a large number of MVPs, it's a pointless thing to have really, as if people are not motivated enough to win a matchup.
  • MissMissyMissMissy Posts: 78
    Being a MVP is not solely placed upon who kills or who explores the most. It also factors in who has invested in their defense. A MVP is a well rounded player both offensively and defensively. Build up your defense and watch your count soar. Best of luck to you (:
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i got 2 and i dont even know how
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Mvp getting better rewards is stupid. I clear my path solely, in a tier 2 alliance getting average 7-8-9 kills.
    I place 5/50 and 4/55 in war and if i started to get mvp due to a specific node dont you think other players wanna place there too? There isnt any 1st come 1st service going on here. You get lucky most of the time for example power shield kicks ass and once gave me 29 down due to my specific champ for it. I got mvp in that much cause i had taken down the boss that day with 6 fights done by me but that doesnt make me owner of that node for defense who got the kills.
  • MissMissy wrote: »
    Being a MVP is not solely placed upon who kills or who explores the most. It also factors in who has invested in their defense. A MVP is a well rounded player both offensively and defensively. Build up your defense and watch your count soar. Best of luck to you (:

Which would also place a huge burden on battlegroup officers. I do the placing for my battlegroup, which means which defenders I place on which nodes can affect who the MVP is. As long as it is a paper trophy, nobody cares really. But if there were actual rewards associated with MVP, that would put me in a bad situation, on top of being in a conflict of interest position.
    I also believe that we are as only good as our team. There is no magic behind the calculations though. It is being good both offensively and defensively.
    h27vwnt99mzo.jpeg
    Haha, I don’t hog up the best nodes for myself. I could careless about the titles and also agree it is dumb. I am just giving some insight of the scoring system. <3 the attitude btw
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    How is that fair to the guy on backup? 9lanes, 1 backup. Backup guy may only kill a couple nodes. No reason to penalize him for being the fail-safe
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Why should I get rewarded as the system of keeping track makes no sense. Last war I was first place with 25% explore 7 defender kills 6 attack kills. 3rd place was 42% exploration 9 defender kills 8 attack kills. I'm assuming I beat him because my defense rating was 8k higher. MVP is a stupid stat and proves nothing but funny kabam math makes no sense. If it was because my defense rating was so high how stupid is that as he got more kills. It can track numbers all it wants I don't look at them and deserve nothing for it.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    People who are not like you and value just being an MVP as it is are right no one needs those kind of easy rewards especially when there could be alliances with the same mvp most of the time.

No need to try implement bonus rewards in every single part of the game, next you will want rewards for logging out of the game, placing defenders, and kicking someone out of the alliance.

What is worse is that it is so easy to take advantage of just let someone who wants the rewards get the most percentage or whatever. It is a team effort simple as that.
  • That MVP doesn't mean nothing. Never understood how it works since I always do 7/9 kills and get alla the attack bonuses and still can't make it to MVP while someone who makes less exploration and only do 2/3 fight gets chosen as MVP.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    How does MVP mechanics work? Last war I was kept as a backup but the guy who was supposed to move didn't and so I took the central path. I finished all 6 nodes prior to mini boss, mini boss was taken out by parallel path guy. I myself took out the boss. Against boss I got myself killed once, in 2nd attempt I took out boss. So in total 7 kills, one being boss and only 1 of my champ was down in total. But I was no where in top 3 MVP. If this doesn't qualify for being MVP then what does? Strange.
  • mvp is completely bs atm. if you run the outside lane and tackle each node first you automatically get it. due to timezones i usually run that lane and my team kills the boss without me (due me sleeping then) and i get mvp. the true mvp could only be chosen by the team, not by the amount of nodes touched.
    with the current system id feel bad if i got a reward when 9 (assuming 1 mvp/bg) teammates working as hard on a shorter lane get nothing.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    To OP, nah.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    People hating on mvp are the ones that do not get it. Its really that simple.

Boss kills and miniboss kills ARE calculated in mvp.

Yes defender kills ARE calculated as well so placing on mini/boss nodes do give you the advantage and defender rating as well... Giving one the mythical "unfair advantage". The ignorant people fail to acknowledge that if you defender rating is high and you are on the boss/mini node, you obviously have the best defenders and should be awarded for such.

Go figure building your defense in a war gets rewarded??? (Sarcasm)

Running the longer/solo paths do also give you an advantage. This also might be fair but I dispute this with the fact that I run short paths all the time and still have gotten mvp.

Now do I agree that rewards should be given for mvp? Absolutely not, you are helping friends, if you need acknowledgement then that is kinda sad.

BUT please trolls stop crying because overall (both offensively and defensively) you are not contributing as much as others when it comes to war. Dismissing the concept of mvp without any real evidence that it is miscalculated just shows how badly you need the validation.

What I will say is that 1. no system is perfect and yes there are minor unfair advantages but please do not pretend like people getting mvps have no idea/reason why they are getting them. 2. You should not get rewarded from doing what you should be doing, which is absolutely maximizing your efficiency/participation for your alliance. So pat yourself on the back if you need it?
    edited February 2018
    @vinniegainz I think you failed to read what I said in this same post. MVP does mean nothing. Why did I deserve 1st over the guy who took 3rd. He beat me in every aspect except defense rating. I didn't even have a chance to fight the boss cause he already had it down. It is a stupid system that can't be tracked. Here is 2 photos to show. Remember I took first I cropped 3rd place name out as I didn't ask him if I could share his stuff. Does my higher d rating really mean that much more important when he got more kills? p12h7k4boa9d.png
    jxk0aj685roz.png
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @vinniegainz I think you failed to read what I said in this same post. MVP does mean nothing. Why did I deserve 1st over the guy who took 3rd. He beat me in every aspect except defense rating. I didn't even have a chance to fight the boss cause he already had it down. It is a stupid system that can't be tracked. Here is 2 photos to show. Remember I took first I cropped 3rd place name out as I didn't ask him if I could share his stuff. Does my higher d rating really mean that much more important when he got more kills? p12h7k4boa9d.png
    jxk0aj685roz.png

Lmao this is hilarious, wondering why he gets 1st over his 3rd place alliance mate....

Then posts a picture where he has 8k rating more in defense?

DO YOU read what you post?
    DO YOU read what I post, specifically where I talk about it being a wholesome calculation INCLUDING defense and that it is NOT a perfect system.

Should certain aspects be weighed more??? Well that is completely subjective (as in you believe defender rating should weigh less than boss kills or w.e; I do not feel that way?)

Let me explain what your post of 8k+ defender rating means (clearly you do not understand your own post):

5 defenders, 8k+ rating more => roughly 1.6k rating per champ higher => your defenders are each 1 rank higher => you spent many more resources into your defense = you put much more effort into your defense and I am not sure about you but defense is as important as offense as a wholesome war approach in my oppinion. Based on that logic only offense should matter and someone might as well put 1*s and 2*s on defense and worry only about attack.

"Oh but look he has more defender kills!!!" - One might say, and I say to that well maybe you get stuck with your defenders on worse nodes,..

"Well his defenders are better defenders, thats why we prioritize his champs on better nodes!!!" - One might say, and again I say so the fact that you spent all those resources having higher ranked champs should mean something (at the least, even if your champs include bad defenders, it might be for diversity purposes).

TLDR; (cause you aren't reading my post, let alone your own as it seems) MVP CALCULATION IS A WHOLESOME APPROACH AND THE FACT YOU HAVE ALMOST 8K MORE DEFENDER RATING SOLIDIFIES MY ARGUMENT, THAT "EVERYTHING IS TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION" AS IT SHOULD BE.

Now the argument that certain aspects should matter more heavily than othere is competely subjective.

But again stop acting like its a "GRAND MYSTERY" why those who get MVP do.
    Reinstated for the 10th time

***"the system is not absolutely perfect, but does consider everything and noone should get rewarded for wanting to help out their alliance as much as possible"***
    edited February 2018
    So your argument is my 8k more rating is more important than his more kills for defense more exploring and more offensive kills. If that's the true case than why in the same war didn't second place beat me With his 4k higher rating 1 more attack kill 1 less defender kill beat me. I guess your right @vinniegainz I'm just that good and deserved it more so please give me rewards.
    edited February 2018
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    So your argument is my 8k more rating is more important than his more kills for defense more exploring and more offensive kills. If that's the true case than why in the same war didn't second place beat me With his 4k higher rating 1 more attack kill 1 less defender kill beat me. I guess your right @vinniegainz I'm just that good and deserved it more so please give me rewards.

1. Still no evidence of a person beating someone in EVERY category and not getting mvp over them.

2. Still not reading my post (not even the summarized TLDR section) where I clearly stated about 5 times now between the posts that NO YOU SHOULD NOT GET REWARDS for getting mvp

How can anyone have a discussion with that.
    edited February 2018
    @vinniegainz you can look at a older post I did here http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/159236#Comment_159236 but to save you time I copied the photo from that post 2nd place has lower stats. Than 3rd placeq4cx7s6casnr.png
    e6ftdr921zgg.png
    Please explain why ar beat me
  • NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    Item use also factors into mvp. Use items and watch your exploration go up. So no mvp doesn’t deserve “extra rewards” cuz that could just mean they played horrible and had to revive a bunch of times or heal up