**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Potential for AW Seasons to be won by bribery

2»

Comments

• DNA3000 wrote: »
    Wow you make a really good point. The fact that defenders remaining gives you additional points rather than decrease the opposing alliance score means that some alliances will get more points for the incompetence of the opposing alliance they are facing, which kind of goes against the whole integrity of seasons. Yes the opposing alliance will lose out on points as well, but there is room for manipulation like you mentioned. An alliance who doesn’t kill anything will give the other alliance 150 defenders remaining equal to 37,500 points, which is very significant.

All kabam needs to do though to prevent this though is make it so defenders remaining subtract from your own score instead of adding to the opponents. But that is unlikely to happen soon and we’ll see how the defenders remaining manipulation plays out especially in the top 20.

Just to summarize the principle behind the numbers @420sam posted, in a technical sense as @HulkSmaaashh suggested the game already subtracts from your own score when you leave defenders remaining, because when you don't kill a defender you lose the points you could have gotten for killing it. Deliberately leaving defenders on the board hurts your own score by taking away your own points as well as adding points to your opponent. That hurts your overall seasonal total, so any alliance doing this isn't just helping their opponet, it is hurting themselves directly.

Yeah any alliance who would purposefully not kill any defenders would be hurting their own score and ranking. But the opportunity for bribery is still there in the right situation / if the other alliance is desparate enough. We can see how everything plays out following the leaderboard. The chance of 'bribery' happening is still very unlikely and only towards very specific scenarios at the end of the season where the extra point would make the difference between extra rewards, and most likely only between rank 1 and rank 2 alliance. But after hearing about what lengths some aliances will go to to get rank 1, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Well sure, any alliance that wants to pay me and all of my alliance mates a thousand bucks each to throw a war will find I'm perfectly happy to watch cartoons on that day and throw the match. But there seems to be no point mentioning problems that are not the developers' fault and they couldn't fix no matter what they did. The decision on whether to try to win or not rests with the individual players, and there's no way to force them to try as hard as possible to win, nor is there any way to verify if they did.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Wow you make a really good point. The fact that defenders remaining gives you additional points rather than decrease the opposing alliance score means that some alliances will get more points for the incompetence of the opposing alliance they are facing, which kind of goes against the whole integrity of seasons. Yes the opposing alliance will lose out on points as well, but there is room for manipulation like you mentioned. An alliance who doesn’t kill anything will give the other alliance 150 defenders remaining equal to 37,500 points, which is very significant.

All kabam needs to do though to prevent this though is make it so defenders remaining subtract from your own score instead of adding to the opponents. But that is unlikely to happen soon and we’ll see how the defenders remaining manipulation plays out especially in the top 20.

Just to summarize the principle behind the numbers @420sam posted, in a technical sense as @HulkSmaaashh suggested the game already subtracts from your own score when you leave defenders remaining, because when you don't kill a defender you lose the points you could have gotten for killing it. Deliberately leaving defenders on the board hurts your own score by taking away your own points as well as adding points to your opponent. That hurts your overall seasonal total, so any alliance doing this isn't just helping their opponet, it is hurting themselves directly.

Yeah any alliance who would purposefully not kill any defenders would be hurting their own score and ranking. But the opportunity for bribery is still there in the right situation / if the other alliance is desparate enough. We can see how everything plays out following the leaderboard. The chance of 'bribery' happening is still very unlikely and only towards very specific scenarios at the end of the season where the extra point would make the difference between extra rewards, and most likely only between rank 1 and rank 2 alliance. But after hearing about what lengths some aliances will go to to get rank 1, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Well sure, any alliance that wants to pay me and all of my alliance mates a thousand bucks each to throw a war will find I'm perfectly happy to watch cartoons on that day and throw the match. But there seems to be no point mentioning problems that are not the developers' fault and they couldn't fix no matter what they did. The decision on whether to try to win or not rests with the individual players, and there's no way to force them to try as hard as possible to win, nor is there any way to verify if they did.

If an alliance was locked in their reward tier no matter win or lose, and the opposing alliance (who should be way ahead and able to easily win if played out) offered each member an Odin worth of items to not attack, some alliances would discuss and probably take that offer. It’s not that big a deal because scenarios where this would happen are very few and limited. OP is just pointing it out.

It’s not a developer issue or anything like that. There just exists the possibility to earn more points through additional means than clearing out 100% of the map.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    Stockings maybe, but I don't think he could fight that way in heels...
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    i wish someone can bribe me
  • This isn't a conspiracy theory, I don't get why some people are so worked up about it. I am merely pointing out the potential for abuse in the current system. This is a loophole insofar as the scores can be manipulated by convincing the other alliance to abstain from attacking. Sure it seems unlikely but one thing I've learnt from this game is to never underestimate the lengths to which some people will go to win.

Personally, fix it or not, it probably will not affect me or many of the people here. I'm just flagging this up for the game team to know.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    This seems pretty prescient now.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited June 2018
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Always has been. But people wanna keep it quiet so they attack and make it seem outrageous. If only the whole community knew even half of what goes on smh
  • Wow so this has been raised in feb and kabam just turned a deaf ear up until now? Same thing goes for piloting i guess.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    And so we arrive back here again.
    @Kabam Miike this thread was made back in Feb and the subject rears its ugly head again.
    The community asks you what is kabam and the game team going to do about this loophole for seasons ranking?
    Stricter measures and harsher bans need to be put into place for any cheaters to take you guys seriously.

Plz and thx
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Why can't we just post about Rank Down Tickets instead of wild conspiracy theory posts and creating issues that probably won't happen?

Conspiracy theory? It’s a fact!
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    SuperFarz wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Why can't we just post about Rank Down Tickets instead of wild conspiracy theory posts and creating issues that probably won't happen?

Conspiracy theory? It’s a fact!

Keep in mind this post was from the first day of season 1 and no one knew how far people would go.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    It is sad that dude got ban but he got some legit point yet no one listens to him. Plus side is this really only impact Master alliances... Probably much harder to organize such feats in platinum or below.