**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mordo on mesmerize

Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
edited February 2018 in General Discussion
I hate this node already. But come on, mordo? Both stun AND a big degen completely out of nowhere, and I just have to take it like a man. What a load of nonsense

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I had void. Got hit with mesmerize 3 times out of 7 hits lol. Much higher than 7%. Luckily I have max limber and could recover every time. Void sucks because of the degen damage if you don’t time your combos correctly. So much degen on that node
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    I also agree that Mesmerize is not working as intended. On one fight it seemed like every 3 hits was an Evade/Stun.

Yet another poorly designed thing that should be fun.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I got him on that node today. I used Iceman and smashed him easily.

I’ve also found rogue good vs Mesmerize nodes. The stun doesn’t even register before it’s shrugged off (with limber)
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    How did they still not fix it so Mordo doesn't trigger astral evade when he evades from mesmerize? That double degen kills r5 4 stars in 3 seconds. Not worth the cost to revive for these rewards either so just a dead end.
    Use Mordo on Mordo.

This does nothing to stop degen damage. I'm not getting hit while stunned so much as I'm degenerating instantly from the glitched astral evade trigger.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Iceman or Rouge
    Try getting stunned as Mordo, then he uses his Astral Evade. If you use it right it should Counter. I'm gonna test it tomorrow.

On normal Mordo, yes. The issue isn't just the stun here. He is giltched so I'm getting hit with his astral evade degeneration on top of bane dmg. The stack does insane dps, which it should not since astral evade degen should not be applied from a mesmerize triggered evade.

Iceman would be great....if I had Iceman available when I entered. I understand there's options, but if you don't have those 3 or 4 specific champs then you just don't get to do this event without spending? Seems really dumb that they would leave this broken node in there. The interaction with Mordo and mesmerize is clearly not working so he shouldn't be on there.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Honestly, the best way through Mesmerize is the same way you went through Magneto in the Underdog Challenge: Let the bane do the work for you. Hit just often enough to keep the bane off of you, but don't string combos.

I typically use AA against Mordo. Especially in this case. Parry-heavy-repeat.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Honestly, the best way through Mesmerize is the same way you went through Magneto in the Underdog Challenge: Let the bane do the work for you. Hit just often enough to keep the bane off of you, but don't string combos.

I typically use AA against Mordo. Especially in this case. Parry-heavy-repeat.

He's evading the heavy and 1 shotting with the degen. If you get lucky and hit the neuro on first heavy then he's cake, but Mordo's interaction with Mesmerize is definitely bugged and he should not be on the node.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    So Kabam are allowed to exploit a known issue by placing Mordo there probably 90% of the time (above person saying Void is the only person I've seen that hasn't faced Mordo).

Nice cash grab kascam.

Btw, no cash from me.
    I beat him
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Essence of Wisdom actually hurts you against Mordo and and BPCW because they reflect the stun/degen by their attempt to attack you and Mesmerize triggering.
  • The_One wrote: »
    So Kabam are allowed to exploit a known issue by placing Mordo there probably 90% of the time (above person saying Void is the only person I've seen that hasn't faced Mordo).

I had Quake on that node today on the main account. Haven't tried it on the secondary account yet.

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    I had Hela on the node. I used Red Hulk to soften her up by using the tag, avoid, retag to swap Bane for a while, then I got killed when she was at roughly 50%. I used GR to finish the job, finishes with full life with him, thanks to arc reactor and such. (I also fate sealed her invulnerable thing at the end :p)

But I can imagine Mordo would be very frustrating on this node.

I also learned on an earlier node to NOT attack BPCW if he stunned via mesmerize. He one shot my r5 X23 in the resulting stun-lock!
  • xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    I used AA and fought against dr. strange, he didn't evade a single time.
    there are so many counter for this node
    have fun
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 169
    BPCW is just as bad. He knocked out four of my Champs with that stupid mesmerized.
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    Mesmerize + Bane = mean Kabam and kick in nutz
    Mesmerize + Bane + Mordo = Broken mean Kabam picking your pockets while you're laying on the floor
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    #funandinteractivegameplay
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Whododo872 wrote: »
    I hate this node already. But come on, mordo? Both stun AND a big degen completely out of nowhere, and I just have to take it like a man. What a load of nonsense

Agreed this is one of the worst possible combo.

Just watched Seatin faced Mordo with Bane and Mesmerized in expert level, and glad to see him demonstrated using ICEMAN plus all the 6 boosts, to destroy Mordo.

Another bl00dy nuisance on this node is BPCW ......
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    Had put up a post sometime back. No response or anything. Wish they would acknowledge it atleast
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Deal with it...

I can't complete LOL... so I should come here and complain? Ask them to nerf this or that?

I think you have to be prepared for the worst.
    Deal with it...

I can't complete LOL... so I should come here and complain? Ask them to nerf this or that?

Broken nodes should be fixed. The biggest issue (for me) is that Mordo is adding an extra degen that he should not be adding. If something in LOL was flat out broken, then yes, you should come and complain.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Deal with it...

Broken nodes should be fixed. The biggest issue (for me) is that Mordo is adding an extra degen that he should not be adding. If something in LOL was flat out broken, then yes, you should come and complain.

It's not broken..

So Mordo should be applying the Astral Evade degeneration whenever the mesmerize evade triggers? It's only supposed to be when he is stunned. That's broken.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I got mesmerized 6 times in less than 20 seconds and my red hulk got KOed. I was so pissed
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    But use stun immunes mate. It works
  • AnuragsahaAnuragsaha Posts: 37
    Yeh, I have to agree, it doesn't seem like a 7% chance. At least 15%. I had Void today and got mesmerized in my first combo. Revived and in second try, on the 3rd combo. Last try, i got mesmerized at least 3 times but i had Rogue this time so I managed to recover and got off 54 hit combo to get him down. 7%? I'm not buying it, judging by the fact that everyone had the same experience.