My personal thought on Trial Of The Heart Master mode

2»

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Also, a fight with king Groot on steroids is much harder.

His regen + poison sp2 + odd animations are so annoying.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Also, a fight with king Groot on steroids is much harder.

His regen + poison sp2 + odd animations are so annoying.

You said it. I decided he wasn't worth the cost of getting past him.

One thing about this fight was that it demonstrated to me just how much my duped Hulk can out-damage all my other characters!

Reading posts above, I'm starting to think that when I get another magic T4CC, I should R5 my Ghost Rider. Except I've literally just pulled a 5* Magik.

Decisions, decisions...
  • StrStr Member Posts: 547 ★★
    This really is the roughest day and i can see how players with smaller squads with 5/50s as their best champs might struggle. There are quite a few instances of endgame content with stupid regen, however there are now more ways than ever to combat this with heal block (e.g. vision, aa) heal reversal (e.g. guilotine) and mastery setups to limit regen. For most people with a solid r4 5* champ this was really easy. I know that isnt what you want to hear as the rewards for the three fights are really good. It might be for this day you gamble on doing a lower difficulty level for the boosts to help with the last day.

P.s. if you think these guys are bad try RoL wolverine. Insane regen.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    Str wrote: »
    This really is the roughest day and i can see how players with smaller squads with 5/50s as their best champs might struggle. There are quite a few instances of endgame content with stupid regen, however there are now more ways than ever to combat this with heal block (e.g. vision, aa) heal reversal (e.g. guilotine) and mastery setups to limit regen. For most people with a solid r4 5* champ this was really easy. I know that isnt what you want to hear as the rewards for the three fights are really good. It might be for this day you gamble on doing a lower difficulty level for the boosts to help with the last day.

Thanks, but RoL Wolverine was a cakewalk.
    No SP3, he bleeds, he stuns...

Soloed him with Guillotine ages ago. I suspect you could do the same with a duped Archangel.

As you say, there are lots of heal block champs out there.

King Groot was the problem because:
    He triggers his own regeneration, so ability accuracy champs little use (apart from Quake, who I'll maybe bring next time).
    He shrugs off all debuffs, including Heal Block and Fate seal.
    He's bleed immune; so no value in Archangel.
    He's cosmic, so has advantages over CW, Vision, Yondu.
    His animations are really long for special attacks; wasting valuable heal block/reversal time.

Even for him, there are options though (some of whom I don't have) - Quake, Juggernaut, Jane Foster, Rogue...

Don't mistake me for a complainer - I enjoy the challenge. That's what makes the game worth playing. I'll get it again next week!
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Member Posts: 1,179 ★★★
    I had GR, quake, AA duped, ice and hype. Got Groot, wolvy, red Deadpool. Groot was easy with GR with MD 3 activated on mastery. Quake took out remaining both easy with no hits. If quake was going down my next option was AA. Didn't need him though. I think only difficult opponent here is GG with huge regen and mordo maybe. Need to bring appropriate champs. 1 thing I want to say is , now I'm all 9/9 expert. Even though haven't found any wakandan crystal. They say it's not easy to obtain and difficult most level gives it better. Then I say that it should be awarded to those who prove worthy of difficulty and not at the mercy of RNG.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Member Posts: 907 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Isn't that the point of Master difficulty though? Why does every challenge have to be beatable by any smuck with a Spidergwen and Khan?

The only time I get upset over who to bring is if there is literally one or two specialty options (i.e. Iceman vs Mephisto).

In the case of the BP daily events, there are specific skills that certainly make some of the buffs easier to deal with, but as have been pointed out in multiple threads, is addressed by multiple available options.

FYI - First time I beat Mephisto in that master challenge was with Scarlet even though I owned an iceman. It was his heal that was the pain more than incinerate if I remember clearly. At least for me. Scarlet took care of that.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Member Posts: 907 ★★★
    I brought AA as my Heal blocker for master trial only to get Ultron first (bleed and poison immune so no neurotoxins for me).
    I Used Scarlet instead to nullify the arc and just parry stunned the regen. Still took 185 hits. Partly my fault since I hit him twice with Scarlet's massive sp2 to realize he absorbed 200% of that too and was giving him health. lol
    After that, with AA, took down Wolvie and Deadpool 33 hits each and done.
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Member Posts: 69
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Nearly impossible ypmdgrjzx1tbp.png
    you say
    Tell me more

It is not impossible- u just need the right champions- I got through with a 4k guillotine. Two sp2s and bam.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,427 Guardian
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Nearly impossible ypmdgrjzx1tbp.png
    you say
    Tell me more

It is not impossible- u just need the right champions- I got through with a 4k guillotine. Two sp2s and bam.

That was a heal block champ my dude. I said its impossible to do without a heal block champ

Guillotine doesn't heal block. Guillotine reverses heals.

I actually have yet to use a heal block champion on this particular event day.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Str wrote: »

Thanks, but RoL Wolverine was a cakewalk.
    No SP3, he bleeds, he stuns...

Soloed him with Guillotine ages ago. I suspect you could do the same with a duped Archangel.

As you say, there are lots of heal block champs out there.

King Groot was the problem because:
    He triggers his own regeneration, so ability accuracy champs little use (apart from Quake, who I'll maybe bring next time).
    He shrugs off all debuffs, including Heal Block and Fate seal.
    He's bleed immune; so no value in Archangel.
    He's cosmic, so has advantages over CW, Vision, Yondu.
    His animations are really long for special attacks; wasting valuable heal block/reversal time.

Even for him, there are options though (some of whom I don't have) - Quake, Juggernaut, Jane Foster, Rogue...

Don't mistake me for a complainer - I enjoy the challenge. That's what makes the game worth playing. I'll get it again next week!

Any champ with nullify works really well against KG:
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Hood's stagger (a little tricky because it also staggers his Fury which then fires off regen), but his Hex (SP2) also works really well here.
    • Dr Voodoo's spirit venom
    • Magik's SP1
    • Dorm's SP1

KG's regen really isn't that good and is quite easy to out-damage...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,427 Guardian
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Any champ with nullify works really well against KG:
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Hood's stagger (a little tricky because it also staggers his Fury which then fires off regen), but his Hex (SP2) also works really well here.
    • Dr Voodoo's spirit venom
    • Magik's SP1
    • Dorm's SP1

KG's regen really isn't that good and is quite easy to out-damage...

Voodoo is doubly good because not only can he nullify heals, poison stacks reduce the strength of heals. You do not need perfect timing with Voodoo to land the perfect nullify. You can just stack up poison and ignore his heals completely.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Another thought with KG: He only regens when his Fury stack expires. Each time he's stunned, he loses a fury stack and you can effectively "speed up" how often he regens if you get rid of them all before they would have expired. With this in mind, treat him as stun-immune and keep at least one Fury active as long as possible.

His fury stacks mean nothing if he isn't hitting you, so no harm in leaving them active.