**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Changes to AW scoring? Possible bug?

9bruygmddhz7.png
According to the alliance war scoring update post from December the maximum amount of points you can get for attack bonus is 36,000. Yet somehow that has been surpassed in our most recent war. Was this changed and I missed the update or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    JZ734 wrote: »
    9bruygmddhz7.png
    According to the alliance war scoring update post from December the maximum amount of points you can get for attack bonus is 36,000. Yet somehow that has been surpassed in our most recent war. Was this changed and I missed the update or is this a bug?

Actually, if I understand the rules correctly the maximum possible attack bonus is 39,600, not 36,000.

You're probably thinking you placed 30*5 = 150 defenders, so the maximum bonus is 240 x 150 = 36,000. However, there's one small modification to that. The rules also say if you don't place a defender, the attacking side gets the full attack bonus when they move through the node. Each battlegroup can only place a maximum of 50 defenders (5 x 10 players) but there are 55 nodes you can theoretically place defenders on. That means if you actually explore the map 100%, there are five nodes that must be empty even if the other alliance placed the maximum number of defenders. Those five nodes will automatically give you the maximum attack bonus of 240 points per node "for free" if you just move through the node.

So in one sense, the map design gives both sides 5 x 240 x 3 = 3600 attack bonus points "for free." I put "for free" in quotes because you don't automatically get those points: you have to explore the node to get them. If you never reach the node, then even though it is empty you get no points for it.
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    Thanks, that makes sense. Completely forgot about that since it's not shown in their score breakdown image. With those 5 nodes per bg that's an additional 45 instances for attack bonus.