Quick questions if you don't mind

Just out of curiosity are the collector free for all chest rewards random? Would love to know. Thanks @Kabam Miike
«1

Comments

  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Sorry but I need to know... @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto @Kabam Iko @Kabam Spice
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Seriously starting to get angry... why can't you guys answer a single simple question? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto @Kabam Iko @Kabam Spice
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity are the collector free for all chest rewards random? Would love to know. Thanks @Kabam Miike

    Yes it is random
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,099 ★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Seriously starting to get angry... why can't you guys answer a single simple question? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto @Kabam Iko @Kabam Spice

    Probably because it's the weekend, and also because your question doesn't warrant an answer. Of course they are random. How is that even a question?
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Because if it is truly random then how is it that after over 50 runs through the teir 2 catalyst I can fill up every class catalyst except for 1... the one I need... if it's truly random why haven't I gotten a single teir 2 mystic catalyst but filled every other class?
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 501 ★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Because if it is truly random then how is it that after over 50 runs through the teir 2 catalyst I can fill up every class catalyst except for 1... the one I need... if it's truly random why haven't I gotten a single teir 2 mystic catalyst but filled every other class?

    Because its random... and you have bad luck, you filled up everything but what you needed. That sucks.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,099 ★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Because if it is truly random then how is it that after over 50 runs through the teir 2 catalyst I can fill up every class catalyst except for 1... the one I need... if it's truly random why haven't I gotten a single teir 2 mystic catalyst but filled every other class?

    You just defined random. Good job.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Oh but it's just not my day? Or its the free for all and there's never a guarantee on it? But when I needed a teir3 tech catalyst a while ago I ran through the quest specifically for tech but after 6 run through only walked away with half the shards I needed to for one but tommorow if I ran through the skill teir 3 quest I'd end up with at least 2 of them... so is it really random pretty is kajam just ripping us off? As per ussual...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Because if it is truly random then how is it that after over 50 runs through the teir 2 catalyst I can fill up every class catalyst except for 1... the one I need... if it's truly random why haven't I gotten a single teir 2 mystic catalyst but filled every other class?

    FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT IT IS 100% TRULY RANDOM......
    what you have previously gotten on any run does not in any way influence what you will get next time.....
    each class has a 1 in 6 six chance of being pulled. everytime you run it there is a 1 in six chance....
    if you roll a dice (6 options) it is entirely possible that you roll it 50 times and never get a 1 for example... it is also possible that you roll a 5 40 times.... both are unlikely examples and would indicate a particular streak of good or bad luck depending on what result it is you want but both are entirely and equally possible.
    this is the joys of 100% random......
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Because if it is truly random then how is it that after over 50 runs through the teir 2 catalyst I can fill up every class catalyst except for 1... the one I need... if it's truly random why haven't I gotten a single teir 2 mystic catalyst but filled every other class?

    FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT IT IS 100% TRULY RANDOM......
    what you have previously gotten on any run does not in any way influence what you will get next time.....
    each class has a 1 in 6 six chance of being pulled. everytime you run it there is a 1 in six chance....
    if you roll a dice (6 options) it is entirely possible that you roll it 50 times and never get a 1 for example... it is also possible that you roll a 5 40 times.... both are unlikely examples and would indicate a particular streak of good or bad luck depending on what result it is you want but both are entirely and equally possible.
    this is the joys of 100% random......

    Actually it's 1 in 7 chance as you can also get t2 basics
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    You are all thinking linearly... yes of course it's possible to roll a 5 40 times out of 50 but do you know how astronomical the odds are of doing that? But in order for you analogy to be correct you would have to do that not once not twice but 4 different times trying for 4 different numbers which only increases the impossible odds that it is truly random as you claim but more likely that someone is controlling the dice... and that is my question
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Because it's not like one weekend it works but the other weekend it doesnt... that would prove your theory... it is every weekend so I am literally the most unlucky player in the game or there is a specific algorithm designed to keep you playing the same quest wasting more and more tags (money) just to get what you need because it knows what you need...
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,099 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure that you won't read it, but I'm just going to leave this here for you anyway.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1334712/Humans-concept-randomness-hard-understand.html
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    What you just described has a 0.28% chance of happening so I guess you are just really really really unlucky
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    What you just described has a 0.28% chance of happening so I guess you are just really really really unlucky

    In theory it should happen to 3 in every 1000 people or so
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Actually the odds just on running through the quest 50 times with one out of 7 outcomes not occurring is 0.(add 47 zeroes here) 7 % or if you prefer me to literally write it out... 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007% with a few numbers after the seven if you really want to be precise... but that is only on it happening during one quest not on multiple dates... which decreases the odds exponentially... math is so fun right? Lol
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    So in other words it should happen to about 7 in one quattuordecillion people... just one one day... yay bad luck right?
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    Actually the odds just on running through the quest 50 times with one out of 7 outcomes not occurring is 0.(add 47 zeroes here) 7 % or if you prefer me to literally write it out... 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000007% with a few numbers after the seven if you really want to be precise... but that is only on it happening during one quest not on multiple dates... which decreases the odds exponentially... math is so fun right? Lol

    Hmmmm what are you smoking because I want some

    1÷7 = 0.142857 (14.3%) chance of getting what you want

    Take 14.3% and divide it by 50 and then you get 0.00286= 0.286% (0.143÷50=0.00286)

    Just about 3 in a 1000 chance
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    You are thinking of it as there are only 2 options and you are rolling 1 instead of 2 50 times in a row
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    That is incorrect... every time you roll a dice you have a 1 in 6 chance of getting a 1 but when you role them consecutively you multiply those chances so 1 in 6 becomes one in 36 chances that you have to avoid rolling a 1... multiply that out the chances of avoiding rolling a one is one in 8,082 decillion ...
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    In other words almost impossible
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    You are thinking of the odds to roll a 1 only giving a one in six chance for each role but it doesn't work that way... each time you roll increases the odds of getting a one so avoiding it becomes exponentially more difficult....
  • OneManArmyOneManArmy Posts: 1,888 ★★★★
    Dude seriously... it doesnt just apply to you, when you have a random chance at getting something you gotta account for every single player. meaning yeah its unlikely that you pull everything but what you need, but when you have millions of people playing its not unlikely that it happens to someone! thats the whole point of random, some will have good luck and some will have bad.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    You are thinking of the odds to roll a 1 only giving a one in six chance for each role but it doesn't work that way... each time you roll increases the odds of getting a one so avoiding it becomes exponentially more difficult....

    The thing is that it actually dosent increase the odds after each roll
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    True... so let's just say that every single player that is claimed to be playing this game (1.4 mil) is actually playing the same quest 50 times the odds of them not getting the one in 6 is one in 96.2 decillion... so you have a point I guess... it is more likely that I have bad luck instead of a system set up for gin of wealth by making people spend a lot of money to get what they need.... that's settled and now I don't have to worry about it lol thnx
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    It actually does increase the odds to roll a one but inversely it decreases the odds of not rolling a one... that's the point...
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Say that you roll 50 7 sided die on a table because that's just what happened 14% chance on each die to get what you want divide it and boom 0.28% chance of not rolling a single 7
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    It actually does increase the odds to roll a one but inversely it decreases the odds of not rolling a one... that's the point...

    It's called randomness
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 210
    Look you're right to a certain extent... but you are giving each roll a 1 in7 chance for each rolline looking at each single roll in the same light but if you look at all the roles combined that is what I'm talking about.... flip a quarter 100 times without getting tails... each time you flip it yes you have a 50 50 chance... but the odds of getting heads 100 times is astronomically more difficult than 50 50 one hundred times... unless you have a double sided coin...
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Agree to disagree *shake hands*
Sign In or Register to comment.