**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Completely wrong arena model

Once again Kabam walks the wrong way with Arena 6 *, walks to leave the game unviable for those who are not strong.

Announcing heroes 6 * long before and allowing those who were already strong to accumulate various fragments by opening various crystals 5* was a tremendous mistake.

A strategy that benefits 5% of players and literally harms 95%.

Is this the purpose of Kabam with the "news"? Because if it is, please make it clear, that I will leave the game.

Now the arena 6 * is limited to who has many heroes 5 * and 6 *.

That is, who is strong, will get stronger and stronger, segregation in the game will only increase.

It is wrong Kabam, the way is very wrong, the model adopted is very wrong, correct while it is time.

Comments

• Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    I completely agree this only benefits highers players and it's not fair to f2p players or people who hasn't been playing for too long.
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    Fluffy wrote: »
    There are arena levels for everyone now. If you have just started you can compete for 3 and 4* champs. That is enough to complete Acts 1-3. Do that and you will be able to get enough 4* champs to have a run at Act 4. Finish that and then work on Act 5. This is a marathon. Why do you think you should be able to compete with guys that have been playing the game for 2.5 years? I will never understand this mentality. Enjoy the game.

But some people don't have time when, Pro players can grind arenas in like half the time.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    I understand. If you want the same rewards as a "Pro" then become a pro. It's the world we live in. If you can't do that, then be happy with the time you have and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    Why are you complaining? If you don’t have a strong roster then grind the 4* feature. The cutoff is less than half of what it used to be. You shouldn’t be given something just because you are new. You have to work your way up to the top. An NBA rookie isn’t going to be as good of a player as a 35 year old Lebron James. You just have to keep getting better
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    This will lower the cutoffs for the other arenas and there are good 5* shards to be had from the 6* arena without too much work. I fail to see how anyone is being harmed.
  • Options
    Kabam has to introduce content for the top tier players who have completed LOL and can’t really get any progression with 4* from arena. Not every piece of content is meant for every level of player
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    If you're focus on the level you're at (and not on what others have), you'll find that this game does a surprisingly good job of giving you what you need at your current level of progression.

Sure, it sucks that I don't have a 6* champ, but it would have made Act 4 ridiculously boring.
  • Options
    There are arena levels for everyone now. If you have just started you can compete for 3 and 4* champs. That is enough to complete Acts 1-3. Do that and you will be able to get enough 4* champs to have a run at Act 4. Finish that and then work on Act 5. This is a marathon. Why do you think you should be able to compete with guys that have been playing the game for 2.5 years? I will never understand this mentality. Enjoy the game.

But some people don't have time when, Pro players can grind arenas in like half the time.

Then no arena structure will help you. No matter what Kabam does, those with more time to play will get more stuff than those with less time to play. All they can do is soften the difference, and this game offers a ton of stuff for relatively little effort. Even now it is clear the newer 5* featured is pulling the top grinders away from the lower arenas, giving even more players a shot at those rewards which they could otherwise not get.

This game always allows lower players to get more stuff easier, at the same time they give the top players stuff to get that is much harder to get. That is *how* they help the lower players: by giving the top players something else to chase, drawing their effort away from the lower parts of the game that now become easier for other players to compete for.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Kabam has to introduce content for the top tier players who have completed LOL and can’t really get any progression with 4* from arena. Not every piece of content is meant for every level of player

I look at it differently here. Every arena event *is* meant for every level of player - we can all compete in them. That's the problem. So long as all of us are competing for the same thing, only the top players will ever get those things. By introducing the 5* featured arena, they've given something for the higher players to chase after that takes so much effort many of them can *only* significantly compete there if they want the best rewards. That pulls them away from the other events, that now lower players have a better shot at competing for.

If you want to help lower players, the most obvious way to do that in the competitive parts of the game is to draw the attention of the stronger players away from one part and towards another part that requires a significant amount of their time. That pulls them away from competing with the lower players directly. That's an enormous benefit to everyone: the top players get something better to compete for, and the lower players don't have to face as many strong players in the other events.
  • Options
    ShadowXShadowX Posts: 42
    I struggle to see the issue. I am F2P with a decent roster but have started doing 4* basic because of the new arenas introduction.Lower cutoffs is good it doesn't harm anyone
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @DNA3000 I’m not saying that the new arena is only for top tier players. Just that the rewards the OP is complaining about not being able to get is meant for the top tier players such as the featured 5*. I already acknowledged that it allows newer players to get better rewards due to lower cutoffs
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    @DNA3000 I’m not saying that the new arena is only for top tier players. Just that the rewards the OP is complaining about not being able to get is meant for the top tier players such as the featured 5*. I already acknowledged that it allows newer players to get better rewards due to lower cutoffs

However. This is how the gamI HAS ALWAYS BEEN

First t1 alphas
    Then t4c
    Then t4cc (pre aq)
    Then aq rewards driven by prestige
    Then t4cc again
    Then 5 stars
    Then t2a
    And now it is 6* and t5b.

And it’s not going away because

Then it will be t5cc
    Then it will be t3a
    Then it will be 7*
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc
  • Options
    MattScottMattScott Posts: 587 ★★
    That wasn’t supposed to be quoting you @Deadbyrd9 sorry. Supposed to be quoting OP @Tiago1980
  • Options

I didn't say you were. I said I looked at it differently to draw a similar conclusion but with the opposite premise.
  • Options
    VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    I understand. If you want the same rewards as a "Pro" then become a pro. It's the world we live in. If you can't do that, then be happy with the time you have and enjoy the game.

He's not interested in being a Pro. He only wants handouts. To be more accurate: He wants the rewards that the other guy got without having to spend the same amount of effort or time to get them.

If only the world lived the MCOC way:

I want an "A" on my exam but I don't want to study hard for it. The teacher should grade on a curve so I can get an "A".

They want to live in a world where everything is graded on a curve.
  • Options
    X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Well you know who got #1 right? THIS GUY 1f1gb3elahaw.jpg
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Apparently that guy is cheating though lol
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    This honestly does the opposite of what you're saying.

It benefits everyone. Here's why

First off, this is a contest. It's encouraged that the best of the best grinders earn the top rewards.

But did your see the scores???

The over all cut offs were lower than expected. Which means less time grinding it out for the same rewards.

This is great news for everyone. Now we can focus on other content.

But remember this is a contest. It's not a handout. You need to earn it
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I’m interested in hearing whar you wish the arena model would look like @Tiago1980
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s great, cause now you don’t have to get 20 mil for a new 4 star featured champ. New whale arena decreases the cutoff of other arenas. 6.5 mil for killmonger is pretty good.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    They are clearly catering to the elite here. In some ways it sucks, because, hey, I want that stuff too.. but then I remember that the people actually getting these things have spent 5 or 6 figures on the game compared to my 5 or 6 bucks.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Naturally the highest Tier of Players will have more access. They've added a new level of Arena. There's no way around this because that's the model we have to work with. The Arena is a competition. Those that have more Champs and Resources to compete are going to put up more Points. It's just how it works. It's not lost for those left trying because there are Rewards for those that don't place at the Top, and they are cumulative. If we keep Grinding, we grow, and Grind better in the future. Progress has always been cumulative and it takes time, consistent effort, and yes, money if we choose.
    The other aspect is this alleviates the other Arenas for those Grinding outside of this one. That progress frees up more Rewards for people to grow underneath the Top. Bottom line is it's a competition. Always has been. It takes work.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Kids these days. It's too hard, everyone's better than me and cheats, cater it to me or I'll quit. And if op was born in 1980 that's even sadder, and still a kid to me lol
  • Options
    JRock808 wrote: »
    They are clearly catering to the elite here. In some ways it sucks, because, hey, I want that stuff too.. but then I remember that the people actually getting these things have spent 5 or 6 figures on the game compared to my 5 or 6 bucks.

Its also an amazing stroke of luck that everything the players spending five figures getting is something everyone spending five bucks eventually gets an opportunity to get as well. Extremely lucky, for a game that caters to the elite, that everything they do to cater to the elite benefits everyone else as well.
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    The 4* featured need to expand to the top 1500. And 5* featured to top 800.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Tiago1980 wrote: »
    Once again Kabam walks the wrong way with Arena 6 *, walks to leave the game unviable for those who are not strong.

Announcing heroes 6 * long before and allowing those who were already strong to accumulate various fragments by opening various crystals 5* was a tremendous mistake.

A strategy that benefits 5% of players and literally harms 95%.

Is this the purpose of Kabam with the "news"? Because if it is, please make it clear, that I will leave the game.

Now the arena 6 * is limited to who has many heroes 5 * and 6 *.

That is, who is strong, will get stronger and stronger, segregation in the game will only increase.

It is wrong Kabam, the way is very wrong, the model adopted is very wrong, correct while it is time.

It doesnt harm anyone, if you arent close to having a 6* or dont have one currently then the arena is not for you. now you can focus on the 4* featured and basic since most of the already strong players have moved to the 5* featured. Stop being entitled. No one should breastfeed you or give you free champions. work on your roster and become more challenging next time.