**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My idea about how Arena should be

I would like to share my idea with you about making arena a little bit more engaging and versatile.

I see it as a Possibility to take more risk for higher multiplier

We should be able to add n amount of bufs to our opponent and each if them could give an additional multiplier.

Example:

Round 20
We get 3 different teams as usual
We already have 3.0 multiplier
After we choose team we add extra bufs to them and make even more difficult for us bit as a payout we should be rewarded more points from a single win

Arena would become a skill based result play. Right now it is just repeat repeat and repeat. It is no fun at all.

Do you agree with this vision of arena?

Comments

• Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    People are already complaining about inflated arena scores ..This would inflate it even further... It's a good idea but there has to be a balancing factor rather than just awarding more points no matter how fun it would be ..
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited February 2018
    So you just want more rewards for less effort? I get fights would be more difficult but that seems like less overall effort for more rewards imo
  • Options
    This method would give a chance to overcome standart points achieved with bots
    Why dont you think a little bit deeper in this case

Thinking about this deeper myself, what makes you believe creating a way to get a higher multiplier is something the bots couldn't be programmed to leverage themselves? Why is a higher multiplier for harder difficulty something that intrinsically gives an advantage to human players over automated ones?
  • Options
    You would have to play less rounds to get high points and no script could do bane mesmerize autofight for example

Oh, that's why you think this gives an advantage to humans. You're thinking procedurally. That's not the state of the art anymore. This is:

https://kevinhughes.ca/blog/tensor-kart

If I was going to bot the game, that's how I would do it today. After all, a fighting game is not about a scripted set of actions: it is an image recognition process. I see this, I do that. For that matter, most MMO bots work that way also, just in a very primitive way. Dork Lessons literally presents the game this way to teach people how to evade specials.

Disclaimer: I don't condone botting MCOC. It is cheating and against the rules.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I think OP might be onto something, now the multiplier doesn't need to rise to x20 or anything daft, but look at how Modok labs worked, they applied random buffs/nodes and you even reroll to get different nodes etc instantly.

You would already have the 3 fights you are using chosen, so having some low ranked 4* just grinding you could run into All or nothing, Bane, Thorns etc.

It would make arena a little more interesting and exciting, maybe it could be a seperate arena I don't know.

Not the worst idea I have ever heard though.
  • Options
    Posting someone else's Profile is not allowed. Just a heads up.

I don't recall that being a rule, but in any event as my forum handle is identical to my game ID it isn't difficult for anyone on the forums to see it within the game. If someone is going to dismiss my opinion because they think they can win the "my resume is better than yours" game, that's someone upon whom my opinion is largely wasted anyway.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited February 2018
    It's one thing if someone wants to offer their own information up, but Posting it for others is not allowed. Obviously there's no harm in this case, but it's not our place to post the information of others.
  • Options
    It's not about looking people up. It's about posting their info on the Forum. Its essentially calling Players out. Someone's Profile is theirs to share should they choose. It's not appropriate for us to post someone's Profile. Not all conversations are as civil as this one. Usually it involves blasting someone's Profile to call them out about their lack of experience. In general, it's not appropriate.
  • Options
    What I mean by that is it's up to them to share it or not. At least in this setting. It may be public knowledge, as in anyone can see it in-game, but there are privacy concerns. Just because anyone can find it in the game doesn't mean it's acceptable to share in public forum settings. Lol
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    In some situations someone’s profile plays a huge part in how much their points are relevant in a particular conversation. If you’re having a debate about act 5 who would you place your trust in more? Player A who started yesterday and has 1* gamora and spiderman or player B who played for 3 years has 100% act 5, LoL and has ten rank 4 5*?
  • Options
    No it's not relevant or appropriate to post someone's Profile and publicly shame them out of the conversation. Regardless of how relevant you think it is, all it equates to is calling people out using their Profile. The Forum is open to all people to talk about any topic they choose. It's not our job to put them on blast using their in-game details.
  • Options
    Ah yes, because I clearly endorsed posting someone’s profile on here. That is exactly what I said and thank you for understanding the point I made so well.

I figure you may not understand this either, just so you know; that was sarcasm above. In my previous post, I was simply mentioning validity of points does depend on experience. I don’t know more than Neil Armstrong about what it feels like to walk the surface of the moon because I haven’t experienced it. So my opinion of walking on the moon is not valid.

Ergo, someone who has not experienced act 5 does not have a valid opinion of whether it’s too difficult.

In any case, this has gone a bit off topic. Back to Op. I’d be interested to try it during a beta test, but don’t know how good it would be without trying it. Good idea though.
  • Options
    I'm quite aware of what you are saying. The Forum will never be a place where people have to validate their participation with their experience in the game. It's been my experience that people resort to using experience when they don't agree with someone's point of view and they have no other valid points to present.

I agree. Back to the topic.
  • Options
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    *if Player A started yesterday and had 1* champs, and said player talked about act 5, one can also assume it's an alt account of a high level player

Realistically yes. But I was making an over exaggerated example just to emphasise my point. For arguments sake. But let’s say player A was stuck on act 4
  • Options
    I’d be interested to try it during a beta test, but don’t know how good it would be without trying it. Good idea though.

I wouldn't mind seeing how you could implement this as well: I suggested during MODOKs that the idea was a good one to try out in other areas. My only counter-point to the idea is that I do not believe it has any anti-bot properties: it could actually hand an advantage to any bot built using modern techniques.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't investigate the idea, if the goal is to add more gameplay diversity. It just shouldn't be done with the goal to reduce arena scores. It will likely inflate them, both because it won't eliminate bots and because the very top arena grinders are likely to be the kind of players that can take full advantage of these new scoring opportunities. It will likely make arena more interesting for stronger players, and generate all kinds of complaints about score inflation from others. It is something to consider. Players actually complained about the sudden increase in scoring that happened because Kabam streamlined the arena interface, even though that handed no one an advantage. And players have been complaining about steadily rising scores even though the points per round that the average player can score has risen in proportion.
  • Options
    Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    hobo wrote: »
    no

Agree
  • Options
    I'm not sure I can get behind this one. The AI is enough of a challenge to deal with over 3 days. The Grinds are long, and sometimes the focus is to get through it as quickly as possible, with the amount of Points needed for the desired outcome. Adding a new layer of Difficulty just gives it another layer of frustration. The Arena is meant to be accessible to all who can place enough Points. Its not so much about "skill". Essentially, all this would do is keep Rewards in the hands of those capable of dealing with the Buffs alone, and that would stunt growth long-term.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I always wished they would allow extra points in arena for skill. You could start small and add some "bonus" points for health remaining, or perfect fights.

For example, a fight gives X points as a baseline for the win, and you still had X% health at the end of it, it should award you more points based on that, sliding down the scale as you got closer to a loss.

This would also favor human over bot, as I'm sure the bots take their share of hits that humans may not.