**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

People Misunderstand

Comments

• Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Here's the common scenario as I understand it:
    I clear my paths in AW in a top alliance. I clear Act 4 and begin Act 5.2
    Clear most of RTTL and all of ROL.
    I spin a crystal, get Blade, match him with GR and clear my paths in AW that much better.
    = I have no skill?

It sucks getting Blade or any other "God-Tier" rated champ because as soon as I do some yahoo on the forum has to notify me that I now have no skill. I mean I used to. Until I pulled that one darn good champ.

If you are not considering the abilities, counter abilities, and Overall power of certain champs then I would say you are ONLY trying maximize your button pushing skills and highly neglecting your strategy reasoning skills. It is not just all about evade, parry, intercept (although these are HUGE). It is just as much if not MORE skillful in some cases to highly consider the power and abilities of the champs you use as well.

I believe others have done this and then generated a general rank list...
  • Options
    colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    In my opinion, I think there is god tier and demi god tier and good tier and meh tier and trash tier.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Skill isnt using colossus or war machine in LOL, thats stupidity.

doing lol with colossus definitely requires more skill than doing lol with an easy to play champ

It may display the ability to endure the typical button pushing type skills for a longer duration but it HIGHLY neglects strategy skills based on selecting abilities for the task at hand. Knowing and exploiting (maximizing) the champ abilities is one of the biggest (and apparently most under-appreciated) skills of the game.

SO I politely disagree. The same person's skills may be able to do it with either but if you are trying to be efficient and strategic and include that in your skill base then you will never use colossus for that unless you have no other recourse.
  • Options
    LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    i think the problem is when people who go for the "most efficient" champs, only consider those champs efficient, and considers anyone else inefficient.

taking the hammer vs nail gun example again: let's say every year they make a new and better nail gun:
    nail gun
    super nail gun
    super nail gun plus
    super nail gun plus deluxe

there will be people who go for the latest deluxe model, and that's fine, but some of those people will consider that gun to be the only one "worth it", and consider the others inefficient, including the super nail gun plus.

same in the contest. some players only consider the top god tier champs to be efficient, and consider anything below to be meh, not worth investing on, or otherwise inefficient, including the rank just below the god tier.

i've seen my fair share of posts about people complaining that they pulled a "bad champ", while actually the champ they pulled wasn't a bad champ, and was called bad only because it wasn't one of the god tier champs

this analogy falls apart when you realize the every time a new "god tier nail gun" is released, there is also a new "god tier nail" waiting to be hammered.

the game is designed to promote spending on the latest nail gun to make hammering the latest nail fun.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Lurker wrote: »
    i think the problem is when people who go for the "most efficient" champs, only consider those champs efficient, and considers anyone else inefficient.

taking the hammer vs nail gun example again: let's say every year they make a new and better nail gun:
    nail gun
    super nail gun
    super nail gun plus
    super nail gun plus deluxe

there will be people who go for the latest deluxe model, and that's fine, but some of those people will consider that gun to be the only one "worth it", and consider the others inefficient, including the super nail gun plus.

same in the contest. some players only consider the top god tier champs to be efficient, and consider anything below to be meh, not worth investing on, or otherwise inefficient, including the rank just below the god tier.

i've seen my fair share of posts about people complaining that they pulled a "bad champ", while actually the champ they pulled wasn't a bad champ, and was called bad only because it wasn't one of the god tier champs

this analogy falls apart when you realize the every time a new "god tier nail gun" is released, there is also a new "god tier nail" waiting to be hammered.

the game is designed to promote spending on the latest nail gun to make hammering the latest nail fun.

Yeah I wrote a post about that and when I went to edit it, it disappeared off to “waiting to be approved land”. So later on that post will appear again hopefully
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    A lot of people will look at this and either abuse me because 'I dont know what im talking about' or laugh at me because they think this is wrong.
    They are the arrogant ones.

I disagree fully with your OP but instead of just telling you you're wrong I'll say why...

Let's talk about some champs that you mentioned but let me also point out why there is just no comparison to other champs.

SL - His damage scales exceptionally with a skilled player and is the primary champ of anyone doing LoL. You're on a timer with enrages and MUST have a champ with dmg output like that.
    Blade - Amazing healing, high prestige(matters for alliances a lot), extreme dmg, bleed with power gain. This dude is off the charts good.
    Magik - Excellent defender due to Limbo dmg. Limbo protects you. She has L2 power lock/drain which is an exceptional counter to most bosses and champs in the game.
    Iceman - Excellent defender due to immediate dmg if dupped. Ice armor is amazing against L3s and reaction parries. 3 types of immunities.

I could go on with a few other champs. You should realize though these champs as massively more useful than champs like, AntMan(good for synergies), HulkBuster, Venom etc...Those champs are really basic and also generally suck as defenders in AW too. There is a lot to consider if someone is a God champ or not and it seems that your considerations are honestly pretty basic.

Champs with regen, power management, bleeds, and damage scaling are all far far more useful than champions without. A skilled player can certainly do well with "lesser" champions sure but it for those not as skilled it's a gamer changer and even for those skilled it takes their game to the next level.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I totally agree. Just like there's no lousy car, only bad drivers. If we put Michael Schumacher into either a 1989 Geo Metro or a 1993 Ford Aspire, he can easily beat any of us lousy drivers in a Lamborghini Huracan, McLaren 720s, Bugatti Chiron or Ferrari 812 Superfast, any day. I also believe that there's no stupid people, all people are, or can be as smart as Albert Einstein, or Nikola Tesla, if they remember how to use their brain.

Just kidding, joke aside, in all seriousness, I do agree that, for top tier expert, who can achieve 500-600 combo streaks without getting hit, any champs (including Carnage, Sentry, HB, etc), they can virtually beat any AIs in any end-game fights. Some have proven using modest 2* champs to beat BOSSes. Hard to argue with that.
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Lol I want to see a picture of ur roster. If you don’t use < 3*, you have awful skill.

The fact that so called god-tier champs do their job (to defeat the AI) much better than others make them better. Would you rather take an antibiotic or just wait out the sickness? Antibiotics do the job much better and faster and make life easier, so they are just for the noobs of life. It doesn’t make sense. Your logic is another perspective, but not a very productive or helpful one

Yup. That's why the title of the post says it all as to why OP is wrong. People don't misunderstand God tier champs or that lower champs stink.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    In one of my line groups, Nightcrawler is a god because of his insane damage output potential. There's situations and scenarios where almost every champ is useful. But saying that there isn't really good champs or bad champs is kind of naive. There's some champs that can counter more challenges than others and do it better than the next. It's not about your skill level here at all, but it's more about:

Damage Output
    Utility
    even Character Animations.
    Play-ability.
    Hype

Just to throw in the most popular champion at the moment, Blade - He would score very high in all of those categories. Kamala Khan, come on...there's no comparison here.

Furthermore, Youtubers take in their gimped teams all the time to demonstrate that skill > the champ. So just so you know, you're not a pioneer of this argument.
  • Options
    This post is so wrong. Why would you not consider a champion as 'god tier'.. You can compare any aspect of the game, some champions are trash. Carnage is trash, damage wise, no use in any aspect of the game, AQ, AW, quest. Only good for points in arena. A champion listed as 'god tier' will help you finish harder quests like LOL or even some higher tier AW. Why would I use my spider-gwen in AQ when I can use Blade? It will save me units and a lot of time. Of course I might be able to do it with my spider-gwen, but why take the risk? Of course Blade is a better champ, that's why he's considered 'god tier'. You can also consider immunities, like iceman. He's in the 'god tier' list because he's triple immune and can take SP3 all day. Of course he would be consider better than let's say cyclope. You don't need to go on Youtube to notice the difference. Just play the game and you'll easily understand that some champions are better than others, not easier to play with, but better in every aspect of the game. Lots of youtubers are great players, they play this game all day everyday, they provide good advice! Maybe not all of them, but on some level all of them help the community.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    LC is good now. Just sayin’
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Okay so we have all seen the posts and rants and videos of champions who fall into God, Great, Good or Meh categories.
    A very large percentage of the playerbase will likely go Ballistic here once im done, so sit down have a read and please leave your ego at the beginning of the thread.

Everything you have seen is WRONG.
    There are NO GOD TIER champions.
    There are NO MEH/BAD champions.
    YES, some champions get the job done better than others, and heres why;

Its not God, Great, Good, Meh/Bad.
    Its a difficulty system.
    You think im wrong or full of S***?
    Have a think.
    Heres some in the Easy category.
    Hyperion, Star Lord, Blade, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Hulk. These champions are considered God by a lot of players. WRONG. They are simple and yes very effective, BUT, Dont think you have actual skill when using these champions as your using champions dumbed down to pure damage and health basis. EASY.
    So what about Meh/Bad champions?
    Ant-Man, Carnage, Collosus, Luke Cage, Sentry.
    These champions all have a certain way to really make them stand out. (Sure Collosus might actually not be any good but hes here so deal with it)
    These champions are very difficult to use and succeed frequently. This takes SKILL, and PRECISION. These champions are HARD champions.
    Have a think ladies and gentlemen....
    I hope I have opened a few eyes, especially Meta Grinders who have to watch youtube to be any good at this game.

Why have I done this?
    Because for so long now I have been told that I can only use champions like Star Lord, Hyperion, Scarlett Witch for fights because they stomp all.
    I have taken teams of the Hard champions or 'Meh/Bad' against the likes of Maestro or even through Act V. Carnage, Ant-Man, Thor (Jane Foster), Vulture and Spider-Gwen.
    These people succeed. They are overlooked because no-one in this game plays specific champions because they like them or they're favorites from comics, most the players grind the Meta and this games meta puts Easy-to-use champions as Gods.
    Enjoy people. Enjoy.

Blablablah. Now take Colossus or Hulkbuster (4*r5 or 5*r4 if you dare) and bring them against RoL WS. Then post here the time spent to beat him and number of hits needed. Then compare with a God Tier Champ and you'll understand.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Okay so we have all seen the posts and rants and videos of champions who fall into God, Great, Good or Meh categories.
    A very large percentage of the playerbase will likely go Ballistic here once im done, so sit down have a read and please leave your ego at the beginning of the thread.

Its a difficulty system.
    Have a think.
    Hyperion, Star Lord, Blade, Scarlet Witch, Thor and Hulk. These champions are considered God by a lot of players. WRONG. They are simple and yes very effective, BUT, Dont think you have actual skill when using these champions as your using champions dumbed down to pure damage and health basis. EASY.
    These champions all have a certain way to really make them stand out. (Sure Collosus might actually not be any good but hes here so deal with it)
    These champions are very difficult to use and succeed frequently. This takes SKILL, and PRECISION. These champions are HARD champions.
    I hope I have opened a few eyes, especially Meta Grinders who have to watch youtube to be any good at this game.

Why have I done this?
    Because for so long now I have been told that I can only use champions like Star Lord, Hyperion, Scarlett Witch for fights because they stomp all.
    I have taken teams of the Hard champions or 'Meh/Bad' against the likes of Maestro or even through Act V. Carnage, Ant-Man, Thor (Jane Foster), Vulture and Spider-Gwen.
    These people succeed. They are overlooked because no-one in this game plays specific champions because they like them or they're favorites from comics, most the players grind the Meta and this games meta puts Easy-to-use champions as Gods.
    Enjoy people. Enjoy.

Wrong.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Blablablah. Now take Colossus or Hulkbuster (4*r5 or 5*r4 if you dare) and bring them against RoL WS. Then post here the time spent to beat him and number of hits needed. Then compare with a God Tier Champ and you'll understand.

to be fair, i did mention that archangel and iceman reduce the opponent's health very quickly.
    they are god tier, yes, but it's also true that they're very easy to play with. those terms are not mutually exclusive.

that, and your challenge is rigged:
    you want results based on time needed and number of hits needed to defeat someone. colossus and hulkbuster are defensive champs. they ARE supposed to take longer than an offensive oriented champ would.

there's room for discussion about the differences between offensive and defensive champs, but that's a story for another day

Even taking a more offensively oriented champ like SG or Carnage into RoL vs WS will have the same results, albeit with less of a gap than a defensive champ would have; the 'god' tier champs, on the whole, would do it better and faster, and take less damage. Simply put, some champions aren't that good, and that's okay. There's no need to go on a crusade for their sake (not saying you, personally, are), all collecting games have a mix of awesome and poop things.
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »

to be fair, i did mention that archangel and iceman reduce the opponent's health very quickly.
    they are god tier, yes, but it's also true that they're very easy to play with. those terms are not mutually exclusive.

that, and your challenge is rigged:
    you want results based on time needed and number of hits needed to defeat someone. colossus and hulkbuster are defensive champs. they ARE supposed to take longer than an offensive oriented champ would.

there's room for discussion about the differences between offensive and defensive champs, but that's a story for another day

Why do I never see Colossus or Hulkbuster on defense then?
  • Options
    rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    I'll use the "gods" because frankly f$&% things like limbo, thorns, mephisto, electro, etc. Good luck if you think you can 100% LoL with **** champs without spending a fortune or spending an assload of hours grinding then proceeding to hit rulk 2000 times with a 5/65 colossus. You know how I deal with colossus? I put him in the back of my mind and just bring him out for arena. I 100% Act 4 with duped IP, duped colossus, max dupe HB, duped venom, and unduped cap because they were all the 4*s i had then got rulk for beating it and have never used them since because they sucked at their job even though they could do it. Know who I used for slashed tires juggs? My wallet because no one but cap could handle it and even then...know who I used for maestro when his Arc Overload used to be OP without a high damage or heal block? 3* dupe level 8 SW, because none of my champs you claim to be able were able. I only have 2 4/45s because I refuse to make the mistake of ranking BAD champions up again. Rant over

There is a reason the Champ Spotlights have a "Strengths and Weaknesses" sections, you know. Magneto is really poor against duped Captain Marvel, but pretty nice against many others...
  • Options
    jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480

Its a difficulty system.
    Have a think.

Why have I done this?
    Enjoy people. Enjoy.

Need aspirin. Neeeeeed aspirin. Head hurting ow
  • Options
    DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I agree with just one point you make: that there are some underrated/undervalued/overlooked champs in the contest that are actually pretty OP...Carnage just isn't one of them (neither is Antman). But people often overlook HE for instance, who is absolutely great.
    But that being said, yes I can get through a lot of content (I'm uncollected, have ROL done, and am over 300k rating), without many of the "god-tier" champs (my luck on pulling 4*'s and 5*'s is the exact opposite of "CEO luck".) I don't have SW, AA, Blade, or Iceman. But that doesn't mean at all that if I pull any of these that I'm not immediately going to add them to my team. They will save me units/potions and speed up my gameplay.
    As has been said ad-nauseum so far in the responses, just because someone by superior skill can complete content with weaker champs doesn't mean that when they pull better champs they should stick with the weak ones. @Seatin and his Whalemilker account is a great example. He has OP skill and has done some amazing things with terrible champs...but when he pulls a SW or the likes he always inserts the better champ in his lineup.
    Oh and, let me know when you successfully do a legend run, kill the Collector or 5.4 Ultron with Antman as your hitter. And if you ever do (I doubt you will) , I'll compare with you units/potions spent and time invested.
  • Options
    666333666333 Posts: 6
    God tier or bad tier or whatever you like to call. if you say skill then let it be. there no point contesting point. Let all have peace and play as a game.
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    The tiers only exist to show how champs stack up against each other. That is it. Hulk will take down an enemy far faster then say She Hulk.... it's just a fact. So when you own them both there is no reason to use She-Hulk... sucks for those "Meh" champs but it is just how it is.
  • Options
    Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    All you've done is rename categories. God tier = your easy. Meh = your hard. There is nothing revolutionary about your post.