**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Whew... You finally let me free Kabam...

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
I think I've finally hit the wall.

AW rewards are garbage for the amount of effort required. I think this is a fact that is NOT up for debate. We do war because we need the shards, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

AQ rewards have improved, but the maps haven't changed in years.

Act 5 Chapter 2? AYFKM? When you put out content that looks like I need to grind forever to get the items needed to complete it, I just keep thinking to myself: "WHAT? I have to grind daily events for a month to take a few runs at the chapter levels to avoid spending Odin after Odin!" That's not promising.

I'm knocking on a 400k summoner rating, and even with the improved availability of t4b's, I can't compete in solo level up events.

With all 3* champs at 4/40... where do I go from here?

I can keep grinding weekly for my newly released 3* champ, max them out on a level up/advancement event... but what else?

Do I keep ramming my head against the max signature crystal wall to get an Immortal IF? LOL... We all know I'm not pulling one of those...

Do I keep grinding arena to have a shot a duping my 4* Punisher? LOL...

Because the R5 4* champs I have rostered are somewhat weak sauce against any of the 5* champ content rolled out that's been rolled out lately, it's hard for me to see where I need to go from here...

Maybe part of the reason I'm stymied is because the following list contains the 4* champs I DO NOT have:

Angela
King Groot
Hyperion
Venompool
Nebula
Yondu
Archangel
Beast
Cable
Iceman
Psylocke
BPCW
Falcon
Karnak
Quake
Red Hulk
Dormammu
Hood
Mordo

I've got the rest at 3/30 minimum. There are a few of the above that have cycled through the basic arena, but the cut offs are crazy. The rest? I guess the newbs get all the Hyperion and Cable pulls because if you threw them at the current top end content with the older champs that I have, they'd rage quit because they don't have the skill needed yet.

Am I ready for another round of "needing" certain 5* champs to compete without it costing me a fortune? I'm not sure that I am because I'm currently lacking the 4* champs I need to compete in the new power gain heavy MCoC universe. At least I feel like I am when I put out a complete AW Defense of R5 4*s and R3 5*s and people in Tiers 3-6 just rip through them without a kill. I know guys CAN do that. I've done that, but when everyone seems to be able to do it? It's just weird.

I've been doing "the search" with my 3* roster and my 4* roster and even when you get the champ you want, they get nerfed or countered and all of that effort starts to seem repetitive and pointless after a while. I'm OK with searching for the "champ" but it's never any different. The search for that champ is always the same. It's either so absurdly "odds against" you or you spend 3 days grinding and spending to hit ridiculous cut offs.

A DIFFERENT WAY TO GET THE CHAMPS WE WANT TO GET WOULD BE NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how hard is it to motivate an alliance with the current situation the game is in? The answer: It's really really hard.

As my arena grinding has tailed off, I realize that without arena play, I need to get a 2nd job to support my alliance-mates. This seems fairly ridiculous as well.

I need to do some soul searching about how I continue with this game, but one thing is for sure, Kabam: You've definitely paved the exit route to this game, lit it brightly and put big signs up too.

Comments

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I won't disagree with most of your post, but I think 700 5* shards for playing only 2 or 3 times in 24 hours of AW is pretty worth it. Far more worthwhile to me than 5 days of AQ. I have plenty of r5, AW is the main reason I keep going in search of more 5* champs.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    SlySly wrote: »
    I feel your pain though, game on a non stop downhill

Its been going downhill for as long as I've been reading posts on these forums. There was never, ever, ever a time when the majority of posts I've read have been positive about the direction of the game.

Also, people have been saying "yes but its different now" as far as I've been reading as well.
  • Options
    The thing that's changed now is that it seemed like Kabam at least cared a little bit while the player base was growing.

Now it just seems like the "vision" of the team is: GAME DYING! WRING MAXIMUM FUNDS OUT OF LOYAL PLAYER BASE ASAP! PULL OUT ALL STOPS!

They've created a mess of characters/abilities/defensive ability accuracy/offensive ability accuracy/crit rates/other meaningless stats that have even less basis in reality than imaginary numbers. It almost seems (to me) like they ideally "wanted" to make MCoC II - Electric Boogaloo, but knew they couldn't drag a player base this big over to a sequel title.

And now you have the worst of both worlds...

It's like when I try to make too many people happy at once: No one is happy and I'm exhausted and angry at myself because I know this is how it always ends up.
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    SlySly wrote: »
    I feel your pain though, game on a non stop downhill

Its been going downhill for as long as I've been reading posts on these forums. There was never, ever, ever a time when the majority of posts I've read have been positive about the direction of the game.

Also, people have been saying "yes but its different now" as far as I've been reading as well.

I would gladly respond to you here @DNA3000 , but apprantelly I've been "aggresive" and "not-constructive" for stating facts 99% of people here say and have been warned. So I have to refrain from responding, I do hope you find this somewhat apologetic response rather constructive and beneficial to the entire conversation unfolding in this theater of debate and democracy.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    The thing that's changed now is that it seemed like Kabam at least cared a little bit while the player base was growing.

Now it just seems like the "vision" of the team is: GAME DYING! WRING MAXIMUM FUNDS OUT OF LOYAL PLAYER BASE ASAP! PULL OUT ALL STOPS!

'member when we got gifts when the contest wasn't performing to their lofty standards? Ahh, the good old days...
  • Options
    4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    spumington wrote: »

'member when we got gifts when the contest wasn't performing to their lofty standards? Ahh, the good old days...

No lofty standards anymore
  • Options
    SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    spumington wrote: »

No lofty standards anymore

Everything is peachy.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

I'm afraid I read that many times in the past as well.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 I think you read a lot of these comments because some of us weirdos hide out from humanity until we're irritated enough to say something. Then we all seem to rant about the same stuff.

When it comes down to it, we all play these tiny little games in our phones to escape from the real world. We find our little comfort spot and we escape. When it feels like something has changed, we poke our heads out of our hiding hole and yell "WTF happened?"

The toughest part to describe is why the game feels different. There have been times when I've seen things happen in game where I've wished I had something like Tivo's old instant rewind for my phone. These were things like it looking like I was racking up big crit damage numbers but the opponents health bar barely moving, or if I'm facing an arena champ where you know about their total HP and landing a crit that is at least 50% of what you think their HP is and the health bar dropping about 10%. These are all weird things that happen so fast in game that if you're not screen capturing, no one would ever believe it happened... I even question what I saw...

So how can you really come onto the boards and say definitely what happened? You can't.

If I had a trust fund and no life, I could see screen capturing all fights and going back and verifying that the damage that popped up on the screen actually adds up. This game happens so fast, it's very difficult to tell what game mechanics are actually affecting your play.

I think that's the best summary of my original post: This game had issues and bugs even when there weren't all these new offensive and defensive variables in play. All of the new variables being added before other bugs have been fixed doesn't jive with the statement that they want to put out the best game they can. (Well, I guess they're putting out the best game they "can", it's just not as solid as other games.)

This game gets a lot of loyalty just because it's a Marvel franchise. Now that I've played other Marvel franchise apps that are run better with fewer bugs and better gameplay, it gets a LOT tougher to toss money at Kabam...