**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Rich get Richer

CoachLedCoachLed Posts: 355 ★★
I loved the idea of a 5-Star arena. Give people the opportunity to earn 5 star champs that they want through that channel. However, with only the top 150 receiving the “grand” prize, I think Kabam missed an opportunity to really improve the game. The only ones that are capable of earning the 5-star champ are those willing to spend tons of units and grinding almost nonstop for the entire duration of the arena. Great idea, in theory, but I don’t see it improving the state of the game. The rich just keep getting richer, including Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Of course that's always how kabam has been
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Worth doing it to get in the top 10% for the 5* shards and 6* shards.
    if you're capable of doing so, be glad and grab the opportunity.
    Soon, the cutoff will increase accordingly to players' rosters. Better doing it now than later
  • Options
    NastyEfnNateNastyEfnNate Posts: 551 ★★
    So u feel u should get the newest champ in the highest star they are available just for doing your best. Everyone should get a 5* sentinel participation prize!!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,679 Guardian
    CoachLed wrote: »
    The rich just keep getting richer

This phrase annoys me, because its used like its supposed to mean something important. If you put a hundred dollars in the bank and I put a thousand dollars in the bank, even if the bank pays both of us 2% interest, you only get $2 while I get $20. Apparently that's unfair because I get more than you, and the rich get richer, and a fair banking system would give us both $20. In fact, a really fair banking system would give you $30 so you can catch up with me.

If you put more time, more money, and more skillful play into the game, you will do better than someone that does less. If you have more time, more money, a stronger roster, and more skill, you will be able to parlay all of that into more stuff than someone with less. So someone with more can get more, and someone with less can get less. The whole point of a game like this is for the people with less to strive for more, and as they gain more they can get more. The same property of the game people keep characterizing as "the rich keep getting richer" is the only reason I keep playing the game: because *I* keep getting richer, and as I do, my ability to get even richer gets higher. That's how I measure progress in the game.

If no matter what I did, it never got any easier to get anywhere, progress in the game would be meaningless and I would stop playing because it would be pointless. Where I am now is where the very top players in the game were a year or so ago. I get what they used to get, if not more. What they get now, I will get when I reach their level. I have no ability to get into the top 150 in the 5* featured, but I keep playing it. Because it is a great source for 5* shards, and those 5* shards help me grow my 5* roster. The arena helps the top move on, but it also helps me move towards where they are now. That's entirely fair. I never expect the game to let me just catch up with them. If the game did that, it would also make it very easy for the newer players to overtake me, causing me to fall behind them. That's ludicrous.
  • Options
    beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    I will also add that the poor are not getting more poor in this game either.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The 5* featured arena is designed for those at the extreme top of the player pool, it’s the top 150 players out of 10s of thousands of players.

just be patient a 5* Basic arena can’t be too far off
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No, the 5* arena is designed for everyone that can get good rewards from it and a handful of insane people get a 5* champion.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,679 Guardian
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The 5* featured arena is designed for those at the extreme top of the player pool, it’s the top 150 players out of 10s of thousands of players.

I've gotten 7000 5* shards from that arena in the brief time it has existed, without ever even breaking into the top 2000. About 9000 players got at least 1000 5* shards in the previous 5* featured arena and over 16,000 players got at least 500 5* shards, with the low score for 500 shards being just over two million points. These are the extreme top players benefiting significantly from the 5* featured arena.
  • Options
    Sigma1Sigma1 Posts: 5
    @DNA3000 i think your kinda missing the point. Its not so much about fairness cause i understand what you meant with putting 1000 dollar in the bank and putting a 100 dollar in the bank the think is, you got a 1000 dollar to put in the bank some folks dont. Just like we got tall people and people hwo are smaller. Does this mean that taller people should get ahead more because they are tall offcourse not. Some where Kabam needs to realize that this game is in its core an unfaire game. But thats what happened when you make everything revolve around prestige. Plus i feel this game is rigged. They want us to believe that its totaly random on wich heroes we pull out of the 4 and 5star hero cristal if thats so than it just amazis me how much colusus and spidergwen or juggernaut we are pulling out of these cristals. The chance of you pulling a Blade or Hyperion or an starkspiderman are just slimmer. All of this ads up on the totall experience of the game.