**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Extreme Lag

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
Recently just bought a new Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab E
SM-T377W
Android 7

I don't know if it's just the new device or not, but there's some major lag, in the Arena, the Lab, AQ, War all over. The controls are very far behind. It doesn't seem to be my end, as this device is much faster to respond than the last one I had. All other Apps are responding to touch. It's really bad. I can barely play. Just wanted to give my info. Thanks.

Comments

• Have you tried redownloading?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's a bit better today, but it still comes and goes. I'm going to try reinstalling later.
  • See?
    We told ya!!
    You were one of the people denying and trying to rationalize and debunk others.
    Shame on you and welcome to the club
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Reinstalling isn't the solution. I reinstall every other day now. Sometimes it seems to work for a bit after, then it's all downhill again. I think it's just a coincidence when reinstalling does seem to help.

I keep noticing these issues occur almost without (coughs) fail in AW now, quite a lot in AQ, and occasionally in other (act V et cetera) hard content. I never experience any serious issues in arena or 'easy' events. In AW, my champs now largely move independently of my input. Sometimes 'just' in one fight, other times (like today) in all fights. I end up dead, call for back-up, pick up another hobby. Reviving makes little sense when the champs throw heavies when you block and/or move back when you press forward. Worst is parry. If I parry, the champ somehow slides back when I try to attack, then freezes. I'm with my back against the wall in roughly three parries. At that point, my block magically goes away, and I die. I now get utterly wrecked in AW, whereas without lag I finish my line, including the sub-boss, without deaths nine out of ten times. We're in Gold 1.

Given the glaring lack of meaningful responses of late, and the seriousness of the issues, I decided to quit the game when this AW season ends. It's both exceedingly costly and frustrating. I don't mind paying at all - hell, I'd gladly cough up money if that went to resolving this issue! - but I can't justify paying for a product that is basically broken. Especially not when that product no longer seems to be supported.
  • Robhopp20Robhopp20 Posts: 11
    A number of factors likely contribute to lag. I experience it quite frequently as well. I think the fact that it seems to occur in the harder content is simply a matter of the fact that those fights take longer, so there is a larger window of opportunity for a lagging factor to occur during that time. Arena fights, lower content, etc. tend to be over much faster.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Robhopp20 wrote: »
    A number of factors likely contribute to lag. I experience it quite frequently as well. I think the fact that it seems to occur in the harder content is simply a matter of the fact that those fights take longer, so there is a larger window of opportunity for a lagging factor to occur during that time. Arena fights, lower content, etc. tend to be over much faster.

I wish you were right, But no. This oftentimes happens straight away, especially in AW. I start the fight. I parry. My champ jumps back. Rinse and repeat. These fights are over fast, trust me. I should know, because I'm the one doing the dying.
  • Robhopp20Robhopp20 Posts: 11
    Fair enough.