**KNOWN ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
We are aware of an issue impacting some Summoners, resulting in the loss of their stash of SQ entry keys.
The team will be redistributing lost keys.
Timeline is uncertain.
(Slightly) More information here.

Thor / BW / DS / SW

2

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,072 ★★★★★
    So.....your Mystic Barrier isn't working anymore and you're calling for "balance". Got it. Fact is, Blade is nothing like those Champs were pre-12.0. War is not the most difficult content in the game. Now, that may depend on where a Player is at, but in terms of challenge level, War is about team work. There are more challenging individual Quests. Let's face it. That War strategy wasn't going to last forever, and it may be time to come up with a new one. There was nothing that said that tactic will carry an Ally ad infinitum for the lifetime of the game.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 300 ★★
    In the first iterations of war, they made stun immune and debuff immune LINES to protect against Thor. Widow was overlooked until thorns popped up and then she was a must-have for top tier wars. Switch wrecked and still may be the best 4* mystic attacker even after her “adjustment”.

    I think you've missed the point that BW was still needed in war regardless of thorns node. She would still be the best choice vs evaders as fully duped bw would have 100% chance to reduce defensive ability accuracy and she does not depend on abilities like coldsnap (icey), neurotoxins (aa), buffs (cb), debuffs (elektra), sp3 (karnak and stark), sp2 (cable and voodoo), sp1 (kingpin and mephisto), charges (falcon), and metal-based (magneto) to reduce ability accuracy. Perhaps only Quake matches BW in that sense.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    There are no 5* DS, Thor or SW, so comparing them to a 5* Blade is not meaningful. Perhaps you should compare a 4* Blade with the pre-nerfed 4* versions of DS/Thor/SW. Most people will agree that DS/Thor/SW are more powerful.

    More true words have never been spoken. But most people aren’t in t3 and above. So most people opinions don’t matter all that much.

    This games a business. Making the game easier for sheep will likely result in the whales not spending.

    That’s what it’s all about in the end. Who cares how big your base is. When your base doesn’t spend $5/year.

    Learn. To. Play.

    Don’t beg for easy content.

    What does this even m
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    You asked what does Blade struggle against. Also it's nonsense to say that War is the hardest content in the game. If you think that Blade is anything like pre 12.0 SW you're incapable of having a reasonable discussion about the game anyway lol

    You’re right. I should have emphasized this was in reference to war. Not the mediocre walk thru content that we face otherwise.

    How well wwould SW have done in the Black Panther event? CW BP boss that’s bleeds you thru block?

    Cuz I know blade would walk thru it

    I used my 4* SW to beat the Ming Na event which had nodes specifically designed to shut her down. She would've been just fine lol.


    Oh dear Ming Na LoL. Cmon bro. Two types of people beat Ming Na. Those that used pots and those that didn’t loll

    Which were you?

    I was the guy that used SW and a crit team lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    I'm sure I used some potions. Was all 4/40 at the time. But no $ and SW was the answer.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,867 ★★★★★
    What I don’t understand is people moan about Limbo, moan about Dorm regen.

    Blade can counter them, and now we moan because he is too good.

    More counters will come to Blade, it’s inevitable.

    Look at the recent champs who are immune to coldsnap and incinerate... when at the time there were none
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    In the first iterations of war, they made stun immune and debuff immune LINES to protect against Thor. Widow was overlooked until thorns popped up and then she was a must-have for top tier wars. Switch wrecked and still may be the best 4* mystic attacker even after her “adjustment”.

    I think you've missed the point that BW was still needed in war regardless of thorns node. She would still be the best choice vs evaders as fully duped bw would have 100% chance to reduce defensive ability accuracy and she does not depend on abilities like coldsnap (icey), neurotoxins (aa), buffs (cb), debuffs (elektra), sp3 (karnak and stark), sp2 (cable and voodoo), sp1 (kingpin and mephisto), charges (falcon), and metal-based (magneto) to reduce ability accuracy. Perhaps only Quake matches BW in that sense.

    Didn’t miss the point, just pointing out that she was an overlooked champ until war came around and her ability reduction became necessary. Personally, I think she was hurt more by the changes to crits than her reduction in ability accuracy.

    And this guy is clearly trolling. Dismissing every opinion because he thinks he is a better player doesn’t lead to a good convo “lol”.
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    Switch is a all in one champ no need for special playing like blade stark just beat the enemy till he is dead and enjoy ur good work
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    people are just stupid they are putting in comparison a 5* blade with their stupid 4* defenders / a 5* is meant to hit hard 5* defenders not 4* level up boys stupidness is kicking hard a 5* r4 iron fist can slash every 4* in deffence
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91


    I was the guy that used SW and a crit team lol[/quote]

    Old war no need for synergy just bring Switch widow and anybody and enjoy the killfest like I still do
  • wappykidwappykid Posts: 91
    emjsde9x8qgc.jpg
    So beautiful
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    cringesohard @ this hyperbolic spam.

    Let’s pretend it’s Blade and not the fact that everyone is triple boosted to 5k attack and 40k health to fight full-diversity garbage champs, and then throwing on invulnerability/regen/sp3 defense/power start/class special attack damage/class power return boosts against 130k health bosses. Boosting like you’re fighting a 3m health maestro.

    The good thing about posts like this is that kabam actually has the data. They see how much we die, who dies, who doesn’t, and how many boosts are being used.

    If kabam has an issue with how little people are dying, they’ll probably put a 5/5 boost limit right next to their 15/15 item limit. And watch how quickly the deaths pile up.
  • gianni120gianni120 Posts: 27
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DJRipster wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?

    Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node

    Would you like me to tell you why they struggled?

    It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

    But hey. Not everyone can see how easy that fight is.

    And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.

    DS is the weakest case for sure. But if you and used Thor, SW in those days. You hated seeing a CW BP or an electro. It was hard. You had to play well.

    I don’t wanna be dismissive. But if you aren’t in the top 3 tiers of war you won’t hnserstand how how blade has destroyed the entire aspect of the game for us. It’s fken terrible lol. No one ever KOs unless they fall asleep lol. Does that sound like a fun game?

    None of these matchups were more difficult than a Blade vs cable or a Blade vs Bishop matchup, what kind of nonsense are you making up right now?
    No one hated seeing an Electro if you had any of those 4 Champs mentioned above. No one hated seeing CW BP 2 months after he was released cause everyone learned how to fight him easily with basically any champ in the game. You didn't have to play particularly well against them.
    There's more than enough proof on youtube that Blade doesn't even come close to the mentioned 4 in any aspect of the game.

    The only reason you are complaining is because your precious mystic champs aren't working as well as they used to with their unavoidable damage. Just stop placing them then? But you don't want to place other champs because these have other counters.

    Playing the game like this is much more fun than constantly taking unavoidable damage. Blade was needed to counter this mystic **** in war. Now they are introducing counters to Blade. So stop whining about Blade beating your Mystic defenders, stop placing them and start thinking about counters to Blade if you are annoyed.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 665 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    gianni120 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DJRipster wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?

    Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node

    Would you like me to tell you why they struggled?

    It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

    But hey. Not everyone can see how easy that fight is.

    And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.

    DS is the weakest case for sure. But if you and used Thor, SW in those days. You hated seeing a CW BP or an electro. It was hard. You had to play well.

    I don’t wanna be dismissive. But if you aren’t in the top 3 tiers of war you won’t hnserstand how how blade has destroyed the entire aspect of the game for us. It’s fken terrible lol. No one ever KOs unless they fall asleep lol. Does that sound like a fun game?

    None of these matchups were more difficult than a Blade vs cable or a Blade vs Bishop matchup, what kind of nonsense are you making up right now?
    No one hated seeing an Electro if you had any of those 4 Champs mentioned above. No one hated seeing CW BP 2 months after he was released cause everyone learned how to fight him easily with basically any champ in the game. You didn't have to play particularly well against them.
    There's more than enough proof on youtube that Blade doesn't even come close to the mentioned 4 in any aspect of the game.

    The only reason you are complaining is because your precious mystic champs aren't working as well as they used to with their unavoidable damage. Just stop placing them then? But you don't want to place other champs because these have other counters.

    Playing the game like this is much more fun than constantly taking unavoidable damage. Blade was needed to counter this mystic **** in war. Now they are introducing counters to Blade. So stop whining about Blade beating your Mystic defenders, stop placing them and start thinking about counters to Blade if you are annoyed.

    I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what the counter is for blade. I’m sorry that you struggled with mystic defenders. But guess what. Not everyone did. I smoked all MD5 mystic defenders without blade. And will continue to do so. I’ll smoke a cable with blade too. It’s pretty simple. Hoard your power for regen. Eat block damage. Don’t parry and don’t use specials......

    And to add on if you don’t think SW hates seeing a CW BP I think your crazy since you can not control when she stuns(herself) and Thor hates seeing electro. Yes electro dies in 10 hits. But you lose 40% of your health doing it. Yes. The mastery might help you. But most the time it won’t
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 665 ★★★
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

    #1 finishing a fight at full health doesn’t matter
    #2 blade needs to be below 70% to regen where as DS and SW dont(also see #1 wining the fight is what matter)
    #3 I could solo an entire AQ map with blade and no potions used. Definitely
    #4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DJRipster wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?

    Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node

    Would you like me to tell you why they struggled?

    It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

    But hey. Not everyone can see how easy that fight is.

    And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.

    DS is the weakest case for sure. But if you and used Thor, SW in those days. You hated seeing a CW BP or an electro. It was hard. You had to play well.

    I don’t wanna be dismissive. But if you aren’t in the top 3 tiers of war you won’t hnserstand how how blade has destroyed the entire aspect of the game for us. It’s fken terrible lol. No one ever KOs unless they fall asleep lol. Does that sound like a fun game?

    I am in old Tier 1, current tier 3 and just “retired” from a current top 100 AW alliance. I have also been playing since the beginning and had all the old God champs long before 12.0. I understand what you are saying about him being amazing but he is not anywhere near the pre 12.0 champs. Has he made content easier, yes, but so did Iceman, AA, Magik, Spark etc.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

    #1 finishing a fight at full health doesn’t matter
    #2 blade needs to be below 70% to regen where as DS and SW dont(also see #1 wining the fight is what matter)
    #3 I could solo an entire AQ map with blade and no potions used. Definitely
    #4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

    Maybe you’re just the best player bro.

    Or maybe I just gave the answer.

    #nerfUnlimitedBoosts
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    gianni120 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DJRipster wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?

    Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node

    Would you like me to tell you why they struggled?

    It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

    But hey. Not everyone can see how easy that fight is.

    And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.

    DS is the weakest case for sure. But if you and used Thor, SW in those days. You hated seeing a CW BP or an electro. It was hard. You had to play well.

    I don’t wanna be dismissive. But if you aren’t in the top 3 tiers of war you won’t hnserstand how how blade has destroyed the entire aspect of the game for us. It’s fken terrible lol. No one ever KOs unless they fall asleep lol. Does that sound like a fun game?

    None of these matchups were more difficult than a Blade vs cable or a Blade vs Bishop matchup, what kind of nonsense are you making up right now?
    No one hated seeing an Electro if you had any of those 4 Champs mentioned above. No one hated seeing CW BP 2 months after he was released cause everyone learned how to fight him easily with basically any champ in the game. You didn't have to play particularly well against them.
    There's more than enough proof on youtube that Blade doesn't even come close to the mentioned 4 in any aspect of the game.

    The only reason you are complaining is because your precious mystic champs aren't working as well as they used to with their unavoidable damage. Just stop placing them then? But you don't want to place other champs because these have other counters.

    Playing the game like this is much more fun than constantly taking unavoidable damage. Blade was needed to counter this mystic **** in war. Now they are introducing counters to Blade. So stop whining about Blade beating your Mystic defenders, stop placing them and start thinking about counters to Blade if you are annoyed.

    I’m still waiting for someone to tell me what the counter is for blade. I’m sorry that you struggled with mystic defenders. But guess what. Not everyone did. I smoked all MD5 mystic defenders without blade. And will continue to do so. I’ll smoke a cable with blade too. It’s pretty simple. Hoard your power for regen. Eat block damage. Don’t parry and don’t use specials......

    And to add on if you don’t think SW hates seeing a CW BP I think your crazy since you can not control when she stuns(herself) and Thor hates seeing electro. Yes electro dies in 10 hits. But you lose 40% of your health doing it. Yes. The mastery might help you. But most the time it won’t


    What’s the counter to spark?
    What’s the counter to iceman?
    What’s the counter to magik?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

    #1 finishing a fight at full health doesn’t matter
    #2 blade needs to be below 70% to regen where as DS and SW dont(also see #1 wining the fight is what matter)
    #3 I could solo an entire AQ map with blade and no potions used. Definitely
    #4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

    Let me begin with I hope we will see some defenders that REALLY counter blade. My stance is that, while pre-12.0 champs were better, Blade (and to an extent sparky) are the best we've seen since them. Currently, the only champ on the right node that still bothers me is a highly ranked og spidey. Not impossible, but difficult depending on how the game wants to act that day.

    You posted in once sentence thor would lose a ton of health on electro. then decide that finish a fight at full health doesnt matter. (I will acknowledge that thor could only handle one of those fights, blade can regen and handle multiple fights). The old SW would regen like crazy without holding block, and her sp2 did more damage than any of blade's specials, also didn't matter if the champ was bleed immune.

    Also, mystic defenders were the gold standard recently for defense. He counters this, but it doesn't affect you, because you could handle mystic defenders. So is he overpowered if he can do something that is already previously done?

    One handcuff of blade and countering as much as he does is his synergies. Before 12.0, you could take the hit of less crits from sw, but she would still function essentially the same way. This allowed you, if you wanted to, mix and match and use the scouting lens and really have a decent idea of who to use. To get blade to be really good, you see the trinity. The biggest problem is they chose to have these synergy champs actually be some of the best/most useful in the game.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    AW Offense is currently on the rise, but they are starting to cycle into more Defense-oriented champs now, and that is a cycle likely to continue. One side grows stronger, the other side eventually gets counters. Someone already brought up champs like Meph, who barely had any counters when he was released. Now, he has several. Dorm didn't really have a direct champ counter, now he does.
    What is honestly so strong about Blade is that Kabam usually makes strong synergies work with weaker champs, as Spark synergizes with KK/SMMM/IM, etc. Or how Medusa wants to hang with her homeboy, Black Bolt, to get all buff. But Blade's synergies are with champs that are strong in their own right, such as Spark and GR. You don't lose anything by going for a synergy team of those 3, unlike you would have in the older days. He, and possibly his besties, will have more and more counters or counter synergies released in the next few months, such as Hero defenders that aren't Mystics, and are worth a damn.
    Also, please post your video of soloing Map 6, the whole map, with Blade ;)
  • saiteja1107saiteja1107 Posts: 30
    Blade is an awesome champ.......His Synergy with Ghostrider is Works pretty well.....Having that 45% ability accuracy reduction is handy...The real problem with blade is His Synergy with Sparky and his attack increase in Danger sense...Which makes No sense
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Dear Kabam,

    Y U rekd my MD team? I no get killz ne more. Plz nerf
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 665 ★★★
    Amonthir wrote: »
    AW Offense is currently on the rise, but they are starting to cycle into more Defense-oriented champs now, and that is a cycle likely to continue. One side grows stronger, the other side eventually gets counters. Someone already brought up champs like Meph, who barely had any counters when he was released. Now, he has several. Dorm didn't really have a direct champ counter, now he does.
    What is honestly so strong about Blade is that Kabam usually makes strong synergies work with weaker champs, as Spark synergizes with KK/SMMM/IM, etc. Or how Medusa wants to hang with her homeboy, Black Bolt, to get all buff. But Blade's synergies are with champs that are strong in their own right, such as Spark and GR. You don't lose anything by going for a synergy team of those 3, unlike you would have in the older days. He, and possibly his besties, will have more and more counters or counter synergies released in the next few months, such as Hero defenders that aren't Mystics, and are worth a damn.
    Also, please post your video of soloing Map 6, the whole map, with Blade ;)

    That’s not true. I solo r4 mephisto s and dorms all day with r4 magik. Easy peezy.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 665 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

    #1 finishing a fight at full health doesn’t matter
    #2 blade needs to be below 70% to regen where as DS and SW dont(also see #1 wining the fight is what matter)
    #3 I could solo an entire AQ map with blade and no potions used. Definitely
    #4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

    Let me begin with I hope we will see some defenders that REALLY counter blade. My stance is that, while pre-12.0 champs were better, Blade (and to an extent sparky) are the best we've seen since them. Currently, the only champ on the right node that still bothers me is a highly ranked og spidey. Not impossible, but difficult depending on how the game wants to act that day.

    You posted in once sentence thor would lose a ton of health on electro. then decide that finish a fight at full health doesnt matter. (I will acknowledge that thor could only handle one of those fights, blade can regen and handle multiple fights). The old SW would regen like crazy without holding block, and her sp2 did more damage than any of blade's specials, also didn't matter if the champ was bleed immune.

    Also, mystic defenders were the gold standard recently for defense. He counters this, but it doesn't affect you, because you could handle mystic defenders. So is he overpowered if he can do something that is already previously done?

    One handcuff of blade and countering as much as he does is his synergies. Before 12.0, you could take the hit of less crits from sw, but she would still function essentially the same way. This allowed you, if you wanted to, mix and match and use the scouting lens and really have a decent idea of who to use. To get blade to be really good, you see the trinity. The biggest problem is they chose to have these synergy champs actually be some of the best/most useful in the game.

    I agree with most of what you’ve said. And you’re right that they made these 3 amazing champs also have amazing synergies. It’s just too game changing.

    My goal for this whole discussion isn’t that blade is too strong I suppose(even tho he is). I’m just bringing to light that which most already know. Aw defense is an absolute joke. It was already semi weak due to diversity being shoved down our throats. Now it’s a wet paper bag. War is boring. There’s no challenge. Currently in t3, both alliances have 100% and no more than 40 defense kills on each side. How boring.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    It is funny that I read this post as my alliance is currently and sadly getting demolished against non-blade users since we try to place for diversity (specifically bosses and minis)... And we just smashed an alliance with a horde of blade users. (Both were relatively the same strength about 1.5x our alliance)

    To even more amusement for me reading this post, guess what champions they did bring in to counter my 5* duped medusa, 6* cable, alliance members' NCs, yondus, etc.(non mystic minis+bosses)....

    Hordes of:

    5/50 max sig SWes
    Icemen
    5/50 OG or AOU visions
    Sparks

    I think they only brought in 1 or 2 blades across all three bgs

    How boring must mystic wars be in the top 3 tiers as the o.p. that they force people to bring in blade. Try placing for diversity, specifically minis and bosses because being in the top 3 tiers all you need is to eliminate some attack bonus gained by your opponents. That is if you are truly able to be competitive enough in the top 3 war tiers where it comes down to that.

    Calm down a little?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins
    wappykid wrote: »
    I wanna see blade solo a AQ map with full health like DS and switch did even 3* Thor would demolish a 30k kang in less than 2 mins

    #1 finishing a fight at full health doesn’t matter
    #2 blade needs to be below 70% to regen where as DS and SW dont(also see #1 wining the fight is what matter)
    #3 I could solo an entire AQ map with blade and no potions used. Definitely
    #4 I could solo a 50k PI Kang with any champ. He’s one of the simplest fights in the game. Terrible example.

    Let me begin with I hope we will see some defenders that REALLY counter blade. My stance is that, while pre-12.0 champs were better, Blade (and to an extent sparky) are the best we've seen since them. Currently, the only champ on the right node that still bothers me is a highly ranked og spidey. Not impossible, but difficult depending on how the game wants to act that day.

    You posted in once sentence thor would lose a ton of health on electro. then decide that finish a fight at full health doesnt matter. (I will acknowledge that thor could only handle one of those fights, blade can regen and handle multiple fights). The old SW would regen like crazy without holding block, and her sp2 did more damage than any of blade's specials, also didn't matter if the champ was bleed immune.

    Also, mystic defenders were the gold standard recently for defense. He counters this, but it doesn't affect you, because you could handle mystic defenders. So is he overpowered if he can do something that is already previously done?

    One handcuff of blade and countering as much as he does is his synergies. Before 12.0, you could take the hit of less crits from sw, but she would still function essentially the same way. This allowed you, if you wanted to, mix and match and use the scouting lens and really have a decent idea of who to use. To get blade to be really good, you see the trinity. The biggest problem is they chose to have these synergy champs actually be some of the best/most useful in the game.

    I agree with most of what you’ve said. And you’re right that they made these 3 amazing champs also have amazing synergies. It’s just too game changing.

    My goal for this whole discussion isn’t that blade is too strong I suppose(even tho he is). I’m just bringing to light that which most already know. Aw defense is an absolute joke. It was already semi weak due to diversity being shoved down our throats. Now it’s a wet paper bag. War is boring. There’s no challenge. Currently in t3, both alliances have 100% and no more than 40 defense kills on each side. How boring.

    I think a lot of that had to do with the rebalance of war nodes. Depending on the champ on thorns, it could pose a challenge to blade (not impossible) as well as some other options for nodes in the old war setup. I think (especially in the tier you mentioned) the nodes and routes are easier.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 665 ★★★
    It is funny that I read this post as my alliance is currently and sadly getting demolished against non-blade users since we try to place for diversity (specifically bosses and minis)... And we just smashed an alliance with a horde of blade users. (Both were relatively the same strength about 1.5x our alliance)

    To even more amusement for me reading this post, guess what champions they did bring in to counter my 5* duped medusa, 6* cable, alliance members' NCs, yondus, etc.(non mystic minis+bosses)....

    Hordes of:

    5/50 max sig SWes
    Icemen
    5/50 OG or AOU visions
    Sparks

    I think they only brought in 1 or 2 blades across all three bgs

    How boring must mystic wars be in the top 3 tiers as the o.p. that they force people to bring in blade. Try placing for diversity, specifically minis and bosses because being in the top 3 tiers all you need is to eliminate some attack bonus gained by your opponents. That is if you are truly able to be competitive enough in the top 3 war tiers where it comes down to that.

    Calm down a little?

    Blade doesn’t make a terrible player great... the fact you smashed some guys with blade doesn’t prove anything. Against those minis you mentioned. I would stroll bring spark, GR and blade. And I’d smash them all. Lol.

    Spark would smoke them all except probably Medusa. GR will smoke medusa(if you know how to play) and blade could kill all of them. Cable obviously a challenge. But he could get you to the boss without your other champs being scratched. I’m not sure what the point of what you said is?

    We all do place for diversity. Since no matter who you put out there. The holy trinity is gonna smash them all regardless. I don’t see how this is hard to understand
  • @Sighsohard .... if Pre-nerf SW, DS, BW, and Thor are no match for current blade, why you think Kabam refuses to release their 5* versions? Blade is definitely OP. No one would argue that. But I’ve seen guys chew through every line possible in previous AW using. 3* DS for fun. 5* r5 Blades are not comparable because not only is it different content from OG AW, but also there exists no 5* version of the champs you call out.

    The right champ in the right players hands will always be OP.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    @Sighsohard .... if Pre-nerf SW, DS, BW, and Thor are no match for current blade, why you think Kabam refuses to release their 5* versions? Blade is definitely OP. No one would argue that. But I’ve seen guys chew through every line possible in previous AW using. 3* DS for fun. 5* r5 Blades are not comparable because not only is it different content from OG AW, but also there exists no 5* version of the champs you call out.

    The right champ in the right players hands will always be OP.

    refusing to release them as 5* champs is not an argument when they refused to release champs such as joe fixit as 5*
  • @Primmer79 didn’t know you were the relevancy police. Wasn’t an argument. Simply a statement as to the irrelevance of this discussion. Thank you for propagating kind sir!

    MC
Sign In or Register to comment.