**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Update the drop rate for premium

The 2% chance of a 4* in CP is old and outdated if we consider 5* and 6* heroes.
The game should update to include a quantity of 5* shards for 2% and increase chances of 4* to 5% or 8%. The 3* would be 25% or 30% and the rest for 2*.
Still would be difficult to get a 4*, but it would be more aligned with the game.

Comments

• 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    That's the problem I have with this PHC drop rate, 2% chance for a 4* is just ridiculous, seriously.
  • Protocol8051Protocol8051 Posts: 40
    SKK65 wrote: »
    The only 4 star I pulled out of a PHC is IP. I'm not joking. XD

I would consider you lucky since I haven't pulled a single 4* from 500 phc.
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    People need to understand that phc are for new players .. it's a way for them to expand their roster gradually...
    If you have completed or working on act 4 and are above level 40 .. you shouldn't be complaining about not getting that many 4* from phcs ... those are the most basic crystals you can get..

I agree. However, I think it should add 5* frags to align with the game progression.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I feel like for Uncollected-s all PHC shards and rewards turn into GMC’s.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    It doesn't matter, we have no way of testing if the drop rate is bugged or working as intended. Literally, no way of testing that.

It's nice to have, but it will not result in something we can measure and compare.

Actually, @DNA3000 shared on this before. There are results from openings that support consistency with the PHC. It's really just a matter of opening a large enough sample size.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    saorps wrote: »
    People need to understand that phc are for new players .. it's a way for them to expand their roster gradually...
    If you have completed or working on act 4 and are above level 40 .. you shouldn't be complaining about not getting that many 4* from phcs ... those are the most basic crystals you can get..

I agree. However, I think it should add 5* frags to align with the game progression.

You do get 5* shards from PHC's. When you pull a 4* champ that you already have and dupe it. 275 5* shards from the dupe you get.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Addyos wrote: »
    saorps wrote: »

You do get 5* shards from PHC's. When you pull a 4* champ that you already have and dupe it. 275 5* shards from the dupe you get.

I mention this periodically, but PHCs have an implicit way of scaling up benefit as players progress, due to conversion fragments. When you don't have anything in the crystal, you just get drops. Eventually, you're going to have just about every 2* in that crystal and you will start getting 3* fragments with duplicates. If you max sig those, you will start getting (mostly) double fragments. The same thing happens with 3* champs and 4* champs.

The difference is not huge, but it is material. Consider thinking about the PHC purely as a way to get 4* champs. If every 2* and 3* champ you pull is a duplicate, then every 2* champ will grant 55 3* fragments and every 3* champ will grant 55 4* fragments. It will take about 36 3* champs to generate a 4* crystal, and about 36 2* champs to generate a 3* crystal. And 2% of the time you'll actually get a 4* champion drop. The statistical rate of return is 40 4* fragments for all the 4* drops (2000 * 0.02). It is 7.7 for all the 3* drops (55 * 0.14). and it is 1.27 for all the 2* drops (55 * 55/2000 * 0.84), for a grand total of 48.97 4* fragments on average. But if all 3* and 2* champions are maxed, and we approximate the max sig as doubling the fragments (it doesn't, but that is the majority drop) then the rate of return for both 2* and 3* champs doubles, and we get 57.94 4* fragments as the rough value of the PHC.

So in a sense, you can imagine the value of the PHC increasing from equivalent to 40 4* fragments to 49 to 58 as you progress in the game. And 58 4* fragments in terms of 5* champions is roughly equivalent to 8 5* fragments duped, and about 16 5* fragments at max sig.
  • dparmdparm Posts: 109

Underrated post. PHCs are just a bonus for me, I spend my efforts trying to get more 5* and 6* shards. Grinding to get PHCs with a 2% drop rate of a 4* is not an effective use of time or energy.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    lol i pulled 2 yesterday, yellow and luke