**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help with understanding AQ point system? Is there a bug?

Our alliance keeps track of our AQ points every week to monitor our growth, and this week, we noticed something weird.

My elementary understanding of how the AQ scoring system works is, on day 1, our alliance prestige is the starting prestige. Each day, if 100% completed, our prestige increases by a certain number.

This new prestige number on the next AQ day determines how many points we get. Rinse and repeat for the next 4 days, right?

So I notice this week, the growth between day 4 and day 5 was only 1 million points. Whereas the point growth from the other days were about 3 million.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a point cap? It doesn't make sense that this week, we started with 200 more prestige points on day 1, yet on day 5, we only gained 1 million more points than last week's End of AQ week.

Can someone with more knowledge please help explain if I'm totally not understanding how this works?

For reference

End of Day 1 : +936 prestige

End of Day 2 : +939 prestige

End of Day 3 : +942 prestige

End of Day 4 : +945 prestige

End of Day 5 : +948 prestige

Shouldn't our Day 5 have yielded us around at least 27 to 28 million points? It seems like the point increase starts to taper off after Day 3? Is that how it's suppose to be?

Any of the mods can help chime in on this?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I can help a little, mods havent commented on this as far as i know.

Prestige and points are not linear. There is a magic number where points/prestige ratio changes. It is the same for everyone, and not a bug. Part of it is due to champions on the map having a max level they can be at. When prestige raises, champs cant magically change their node. Its the rank, level, and sig that changes, which can only go so high. Supposedly this drop in points per day accounts for that to allow you to still increase prestige
  • KidTristanKidTristan Posts: 66
    Thanks @Primmer79

I've noticed now that it's not a linear growth, as the numbers have suggested.

So the next question would be...is 26 mil the max number of points we can get from Map 5 on Day 5?

Is the next logical step to start doing map 6? Otherwise, we won't be able to increase our points?

I mean, I guess there is a ceiling then.
    KidTristan wrote: »
    Thanks @Primmer79

I've noticed now that it's not a linear growth, as the numbers have suggested.

So the next question would be...is 26 mil the max number of points we can get from Map 5 on Day 5?

Is the next logical step to start doing map 6? Otherwise, we won't be able to increase our points?

I mean, I guess there is a ceiling then.

There is a way to get more points, by starting with a higher prestige. That would, in turn, make each day's prestige higher, therefore making each day's points higher.
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    There is a way to get more points, by starting with a higher prestige. That would, in turn, make each day's prestige higher, therefore making each day's points higher.

Well, that's what I'm trying to calculate. Comparing to our previous week, we increased our starting prestige by 200 points. Yet on day 5 we only got 1 mil more at the end of the week, than we did the previous week.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★

Well, that's what I'm trying to calculate. Comparing to our previous week, we increased our starting prestige by 200 points. Yet on day 5 we only got 1 mil more at the end of the week, than we did the previous week.

Points also fluctuate a little with the miniboss. Rhino is lower than Mordo and Cable.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    If you want t4cc you should add map 6. My alliance does 5x5 and we place about 310 every aq. You need a high starting prestige to do 5x5 and place top 300 if that’s your goal

Exactly. Thats the point. a jump of 200 while down at a starting prestige of 4000 may be quite a few million. While when up at higher prestiges, 200 prestige jump could result in minimal increase.

Points also fluctuate a little with the miniboss. Rhino is lower than Mordo and Cable.

I did forget about this fact also.

Really?? I never knew that's a thing.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    there used to be a calculator for this but I don’t have it
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    If you want t4cc you should add map 6. My alliance does 5x5 and we place about 310 every aq. You need a high starting prestige to do 5x5 and place top 300 if that’s your goal

Thanks @Deadbyrd9

We're not necessarily reaching for top 300 AQ, but we certainly don't want to drop below top 800.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Yeah. There's a AQ calculator out there somewhere. Infobot maybe. As many have stated the growth isn't linear. Best way to gain more points is to have higher beginning prestige or harder maps.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

But if you start higher, you'd be increasing the points from earlier days. Even if the max was 26.5 million per day, theoretically speaking you could reach 26.5 x 5 = 132.5 million in five days. That's somewhat higher than your current 111.5 million total. My back of the envelope calculations says you'd reach that theoretical maximum upon reaching a starting prestige of about 8250. The map ceiling implies there are diminishing returns above a starting prestige of about 5000 or so, but my alliance is just below that limit so I haven't seen or been able to analyze that ceiling yet.
    Thanks @Dropfaith
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    There is a prestige point at which the opponents in AQ become max rank/level/sig, and since they cannot increase anymore, you're not seeing as much growth in score.
  • Scøøby_DøøScøøby_Døø Posts: 89
    Exactly that (above).
    our starting prestige is just over 5k and on day4 the symbiods max out at 5* rank 5 level 60. so on day 5 the symbiods yield the same amount of points as on day 4.
    our "normal" opponents still increase significantly from day4 to day5. so the points for those fights are increasing as usual.