**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Too much Range on Colossus Heavy attack [More Info Needed]

CalCal90sCalCal90s Posts: 5
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Has anyone else experienced the extreme distance you can be clipped by colossus' heavy uppercut attack? I performed a full dash back as he was preparing to heavy attack and he seems to travel some distance when unleashing his heavy?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    MagsMags Posts: 132
    Not just colossus. I fought Magik in AW just now and she did this too. She crouched to load heavy attack, I did a full swipe back, and just before her heavy animation she drifted/shifted/dashed forward (still crouched) and was suddenly in range.
    No, I wasn't still in range after the swipe back - I have been playing long enough to know where the heavy attack range is. I was just inside of it before I swiped back, so I was just giving myself a nice cushion before dashing back in.

I tried to duplicate it in an easy fight to see if its on both sides - by long pressing for a heavy and swiping forward with it held.. It did not work. So this is an AI only problem.

I have run into this a few times on really aggressive AI battles.

Hopefully more people will chime in so the mods will give this some attention.
  • Options
    Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    It's a cheat the AI has where it'll actually move forward during its attacks to hit you. Like venom will use his sp1. Ill dodge the first tentacle sometimes he'll actually move forward on the second one to connect and hit you. The heavy attack slide forward has been reported countless times. They don't care. It's another bug on the long list in their broken game.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    ∆ This.

Exactly my opinions. This "problem" is not just Colossus, are many maybe every champ but only for the AI in agressives battles.

But I'm guessing it isn't "a bug" but something totally intentional.

Same happen for AI's dash back/towards are loooong and damned faster, the AI seem a freaking rocket.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Hi @CalCal90s. I just spent a good bit of time trying to reproduce this, and haven't been able to yet. Getting in close range and then baiting Colossus into a heavy, and I am still able to back dash out of the way. This was also against the hardest AI. Can you let me know a bit more specifics about this? Character you were using, game mode you were in, device type and OS version, and were you on wifi or cell data? Thanks!
  • Options
    I will never again use the "↑ This" comment without hard refresh the page, specially from mobiles devices.

I was talking about the @Mags comment.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Kabam Wolf
    I'll record fights to try to get you the evidence..
    It's not about not being able to evade the heavy, it's when you're clearly out of heavy attack range already.
    I notice it most when the AI holds heavy longer than is necessary. Long enough to get you to hold block to keep from walking into the heavy being loaded up.
    Then when the AI releases, they slide forward just before the heavy attack is released.

I had put off checking on this thread until I just fought spidey in AW and had it happen again.

Taking heavy attack damage from a 5/50 spidey with crit buffs when I was definitely out of range is maddening.
  • Options
    Don't close this thread please. I'll record my fights to get you the proof. Just happened again in AW against spidey.
    I just submitted a comment here but it said "waiting for approval" or something. So forgive me if it shows up after I post this one ;)
  • Options
    Mags wrote: »
    Don't close this thread please. I'll record my fights to get you the proof. Just happened again in AW against spidey.
    I just submitted a comment here but it said "waiting for approval" or something. So forgive me if it shows up after I post this one ;)
    The notification is here but the comment is not available.
    Did you write external links, videos o whatever that could trigger an anti spam system?.
  • Options
    FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    edited June 2017
    I have definitely seen this. I've also seen the air after his feet on special attack one hit me. I was lumping it in with the ai recovery issues, but this could be a separate issue. One way or another it's definitely a problem.
  • Options
    DarkDark Posts: 60
    This problems seems to be happening more with female character who have spinning kick as their heavy
  • Options
    Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited June 2017
    @kabam wolf - are you playing on Kabams internal server? It'd be best to try this out under the conditions of normal players.
  • Options
    I noticed it even before 12.0. It hapens mostly in AW but not always. Can't realy explain it at what circumstances it hapens.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. I tested this some more against Magik as well, and still haven't been able to reproduce it. Would one of you be able to provide video of this? Also, does it happen more frequently when you're using a specific Champion?
  • Options
    CalCal90sCalCal90s Posts: 5
    @Kabam Wolf
    I believe I was using a Vision age of ultron. In map 3. But I've been caught out by this using various champions.
    What software/app can screen record on IOS?
    And yes I agree, if I had evaded he probably wouldn't hit me. But I dashed back prior to the attack rather than time it to evade, if you know what I mean.
    Thanks for getting back to us about this.
    I'm glad it's not just me that's had a problem.