**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hey, Kabam. You've recreated the same problem.

Comments

• Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Rektor wrote: »
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Blades face is all over the leaderboard because of his prestige. A bunch of people who don’t rely on regen champs wish they could’ve r5’d sparky instead, but prestige still drives this game.

Uh, no. It's his regen and bleed, not his prestige. Nobody has more than one R5 5* champ and at that level, at this point in the game, prestige discrepancy between two gadget champs like Blade and Sparky is not driving the train there.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I wish I could narrow down the cause of every war I lost to a champ/synergy. So jelly.

just before our war was over yesterday and it was evident we were going to lose from lower attack bonus, a player from the other team posted in the war room that we lost because we needed to get more Blade and Ghost Rider on our attack teams :)
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I wish I could narrow down the cause of every war I lost to a champ/synergy. So jelly.

I don't bring blade, GR, or Sparky to AW and I almost never lose champs. This "holy trinity" isn't the only way to win AW.

• Shrimkins wrote: »
    I don't understand. Everyone says mystic wars were a problem. Kabam releases blade to solve that problem.

Now blade is a problem? ffs people...

I believe the argument is about the synergy. Not blade in general.
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »
    All they had to do was fix dexterity's interaction with MD, but they created another imbalance to counter an imbalance.

They don’t listen. I’ve never seen someone create more problems for themselves.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Husky54 wrote: »

Uh, no. It's his regen and bleed, not his prestige. Nobody has more than one R5 5* champ and at that level, at this point in the game, prestige discrepancy between two gadget champs like Blade and Sparky is not driving the train there.

The prestige gap between sparky and blade is enormous... enormous enough that the most famous old school player got kicked from the highest rated alliance because he r5’d sparky.

Blade is the best choice for a combination of prestige and usefulness. I can’t wait until I can r5 my sparky without hurting my alliance’s place in the prestige race.

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

The prestige gap between sparky and blade is enormous... enormous enough that the most famous old school player got kicked from the highest rated alliance because he r5’d sparky.

Blade is the best choice for a combination of prestige and usefulness. I can’t wait until I can r5 my sparky without hurting my alliance’s place in the prestige race.

Exactly right. Blades prestige is about 1000 higher than sparky. That is a huge amount, especially when the prestige race is so tight at the top.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    First, this is not a call to nerf any champs. The problem is *not* that some champs are "god tier."

Second, this is not a call out of any top tier alliance. Good for you for what you're doing. Hope you're having fun (really).

The problem is that Kabam destroyed what were formerly good teams because of their synergy (e.g., Strange and Scarlet Witch or Cyclops/Black Bolt/Magneto or Hawkeye/War Machine) under the guise of diversifying player options for champ use.

Case in point:

yjgyywsd2h02.png

Surely I don't need to explain the pattern here. If I do, you might be a noob.

The new hot team to use, especially on Alliance War Attack mode, is what has come to be known as the "triangle of death." Blade, Ghost Rider, and Stark Spidey. This is a pretty sweet set up, I'm not gonna lie. Personally, I'm an Archangel man, but everyone has their favorites. (Edited by Moderation)

The problem here, however, is that Kabam, after making major alterations to the gamespace has now simply recreated the same problem as before. If you go into ANY top tier alliance, almost every avatar will be Blade. Kabam has claimed that they do not want to make any one particular champ a "must have" — and yet, Blade is oftentimes one of the only effective counters to a lot of the "BS passive damage" we encounter with certain mystic champs (Magik, Dorm, etc.). Combine him with Johnny Blaze and/or Peter Parker (MCU) and he's even better (and so are the other two). This used to be the case for a lot of other champs in the game. On the one hand, I don't disagree with the elimination of the old Leadership synergy that created "perfect block teams." On the other, it was not replaced with synergies to enhance those champs to "usable" levels in a diversity of game play modes.

This is great that we have a champ like Blade. DON'T NERF HIM. He still takes skill to use. I'd love to have him some day. But maybe, just maybe, we need other champs to be buffed up to help counter the BS passive damage nodes if Kabam is actually being honest about their desire not to elevate any single champ over the rest of the field.

What's the Pattern?
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    I'm enjoying war way more now that in the past. I hate MD and wars were only about Mystic defender with hight MD. now there's diversity as game mechanics AND couse of blade or bishop. it is more fun now then ever. DO NOT TOUCH BLADE
    Griffoplay wrote: »
    I'm enjoying war way more now that in the past. I hate MD and wars were only about Mystic defender with hight MD. now there's diversity as game mechanics AND couse of blade or bishop. it is more fun now then ever. DO NOT TOUCH BLADE

Don’t worry. Nothing’s gonna happen to Blade.
  • hermaherma Posts: 3
    THE reason for 12.0 're balancing'. Certain champs became OP and players only want/use certain champs. 1-year after 12.0, everyone feel incomplete without Blade, Sparky, and GR. #makeDSgreatagain
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Griffoplay wrote: »

Don’t worry. Nothing’s gonna happen to Blade.

People said the same about Scarlet.....

Prestige is just an excuse. If blade had less prestige people maxed him the same. Bcoz is OP. Is simple. And simple why who have Blade 5s don’t wanna sinergy nerf (or heros sinergy changed); those people spent ton of euro/dollar. Is normal don’t want changes.

But useless wait an answer from admin. The rapport to Superblock and Magic Trio is correlated. Usually the trends isn’t good for a game.

Hope in trend break or in buff of heroes at moment useless in game.
    Ok blade OP and aw attack dominator? Ok, give us some other heroes whit same power.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I take him out with AA in arenas like lighting...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Exactly right. Blades prestige is about 1000 higher than sparky. That is a huge amount, especially when the prestige race is so tight at the top.

Well, with a 6* Rags around the corner, that's not going to last forever.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    If you don’t want your mystic champs worked over in war, Stop placing them. That simple. Plenty of champs used other than Blade. As long as you bring those Magics and such, I’m bringing Blade to work your defense over. Thank goodness for Blade. I found your Limbo damage annoying and skill less. Now I walk over it. Time for strategy gentleman. Or see ya at the bottom of the gold teir opening t3 cats ranking 4 stars. It’s not happening. Adapt or be lunch. I’m guessing the latter.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    If you don’t want your mystic champs worked over in war, Stop placing them. That simple. Plenty of champs used other than Blade. As long as you bring those Magics and such, I’m bringing Blade to work your defense over. Thank goodness for Blade. I found your Limbo damage annoying and skill less. Now I walk over it. Time for strategy gentleman. Or see ya at the bottom of the gold teir opening t3 cats ranking 4 stars.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    If you don’t want your mystic champs worked over in war, Stop placing them. That simple. Plenty of champs used other than Blade. As long as you bring those Magics and such, I’m bringing Blade to work your defense over. Thank goodness for Blade. I found your Limbo damage annoying and skill less. Now I walk over it. Time for strategy gentleman. Or see ya at the bottom of the gold teir opening t3 cats ranking 4 stars.

Exactly, when we place mystics, we get slapped if the opponent has blade, or do the slapping if they dont

When we place more for diversity and diverse minis/bosses, we get slapped if the opponent has diverse attackers, or do the slapping if they dont and bring in a horde of blades.

Like you said this sums up to strategy, not just on the defensive side, but also the attack side of things.

Why should an entire community be punished if an alliance decides to not be strategic in both their attack and defense? It is honestly mind-boggling that this is what you are ultimately indicating.
    21 of the top 25 total hero base accounts have the same profile.....

That's only because of blade's high prestige.
    I 100% agree, 2 years ago bye bye perfect block, RIP Thor, and now it's the opposite side Hello perfect attack

That is a totally different scenario. Thor was created before masteries were even a thing. Parry made him completely broken so kabam had to do something. Same with SW.

BP teams did linger on far longer than they should have, but I have to think kabam has learned their lesson about nerfs. Don't let them drag on for too long because then they get another blow back like 12.0.

If kabam was going to nerf blade, they would have done it months ago. Instead, they will indirectly nerf him by adding champs that are hard counters to blade.

Funny same leaderboard wasn’t filled with champs like Phoenix previously. Surely they ranked him up for more than just prestige purposes

How dare a champ have high prestige AND be useful!

Blades face is all over the leaderboard because of his prestige. A bunch of people who don’t rely on regen champs wish they could’ve r5’d sparky instead, but prestige still drives this game.

The leaderboard didn’t look so uniform prior to blade. There were prestige champs they could have ranked prior. Personally I do not believe he should be nerfed but just stop. The community is 2 sub sections now those who have blade and those who dont

That’s because prior to blade everyone had almost 2 years to a build a roster of rank 4.55 champs that would all collectively affect prestige.

Now everyone has one champ to r5 and that one choice will determine the prestige race winners for the next 6+ months until we can get another. So yea, most people are going to rank up the guy who is top 5ish in prestige and also isn’t useless like the champs above him. Let’s see how many blades are left on the leaderboard in 18 months when rank 5s are everywhere.
  • moonmebabymoonmebaby Posts: 41
    Wait what's his argument again? All I'm getting is "Blade's too powerful" and "Don't nerf him" 😂
    And if diversifying attack is the problem them maybe you should start up a new movement because it looks like you brought the same Trinity to that war as everyone else minus the Starky 😂

the problem is in the synergies... Hes saying because of the synergy team... thats ALLLLLL you see. Which is true. Im almost tired of fighting with the three in event quests...

the synergys are awesome but maybe there could be a better way to do something similiar with other champs as well.

Instead of ALWAYS having GR and Stark with Blade have others... they did really good with red hulk and luke cage... Im waiting for some other upgrades, specifically iron man and kamala. THere should be no champ that makes you want to quit playing the game when opening and honestly those two are def capable of ending the fun.

spend sometime to open a 5* and get kamala, then get her again and again then open an iron man... you are now 4 5* crystals in and have litereally NOOOO benefit... Why not have crystals that you can purchase like "These 6 characters are in here" 20,000 shards....

RANT OVER
    edited March 2018
    As long as people don't get what they want, there will be people who want to give up when it happens. Now, I don't disagree that more revisions could be looked at, but it's virtually impossible to create a pool of over 100 Champs that are equally as desirable in a game like this.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    the issue here is not the actual synergy or the champs ability. it is who they are being synergized with.
    Personally SS and blade synergy is legit. Blade with mephisto/GR isn't.

Blade needs to have those synergy with a champ that requires a buff (e.g. Spidey Gwen instead of GR, Venom/Carnage instead of mephisto).

How often do you see a LC and IF synergy team even though they have the infamous PB synergy?

Problem solved.
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I do agree that the holy trinity is a powerful combination. My issue is not so much with the synergies themselves as the following:
    1. There are once again champs that everyone feels they need to have to be good and complain they don't get, which is partly because...
    2. The disparity between champs is too great. There are far too many champs with comparably minimal or ineffective abilities versus champs that are so much more ability-equipped.
    3. Even synergies need to be balanced out and some older champs need better synergies.

So, yes, we've cycled back again. I agree with one poster that the Holy Trinity combination is not quite the same as the perfect block synergy groups...because that was crazy and did allow people to do things they shouldn't have been able to (and I'm saying that as someone that had the mutant/BB perfect block team). I believe it was @Rektor that posted about that, and I agree.

I'm still all for improving the lower champs and giving them better abilities. I actually do wish, as other posters have suggested, that they would improve lower champs and then re-introduce them instead of adding all new champs all the time.

Thanks for the post! This has been on my mind for some time as well, but had not posted on it.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    the issue here is not the actual synergy or the champs ability. it is who they are being synergized with.

Blade needs to have those synergy with a champ that requires a buff (e.g. Spidey Gwen instead of GR, Venom/Carnage instead of mephisto).

How often do you see a LC and IF synergy team even though they have the infamous PB synergy?

Problem solved.

Wouldn't really matter who the Synergy is with, they're using the Synergy for Blade.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »

Problem solved.

Wouldn't really matter who the Synergy is with, they're using the Synergy for Blade.

Which is okay. I have no beef with Blade and his synergy/ability, but a player needs to think twice when they use a blade spidey gwen and venom synergy on a bleed path and the player will need to make a choice between synergy or immunity or whatever it is. Re-work who the synergy is with is the best solution (in my opinion) with this. not a nerf but still can balance the game.
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Just excuses. Repeat, normally the people spent tons of real money don’t wanna changes.
    But the mystic defense is just an excuse.
    Whit those aw and season, place a not diversity defense = less season points.

Stop excuse or strange motivations please.

Is true, whitout magic trio a skill player can play the same.

The problem are the unable players. Whit magic trio (op sinergies) those people become skilled and make less deaths. This is the reality.

Repeat, kabam always stop a trend. Is time to stop also this. 100% of players whit blade 5s maxed him and use him on aw whit Spark+Ghost (also 3 stars bcoz the important is only the sinergy). Not a case.