**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Disappointed with drop rates

ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 1,129 ★★★
we all know drop rates of good stuff was low, but that's another story. today's story is about the implementation itself of the drop rates.

i am disappointed in the ***** way the drop rates were implemented.
not only did they keep us in the dark for MONTHS (despite constant requests for updates) because apparently it was a lot of work, the drop rates released are extremely simple.

let's start with premium crystals:

"84% for a 2*"
"14% for a 3*"
"2% for a 4"

what did i just do? i posted the drop rates of a crystal in literally 3 sentences. how on earth were all the mods unable to post these 3 sentences in all the 3+ months that people were asking for any sort of update??

second, since they decided to keep silent for 3 months and only speak when everything was done, i expected them to release something better. like the specific % for each champ. instead, we only get % for each rarity.
yes, given that they made us wait for months and refused to say anything, i really expected them to give individual % for each and every item on every crystal.

which brings us to the next point: why on earth did they not give drop rates for every crystal?
i don't think there's much to say here, so let's move on the next point.

some of the drop rates given are *****

"gold crystal: 100% to give gold"
seriously? i can say without a doubt that pretty much everyone expected rates for each possible amount.
"20% to give 100 gold"
"3% to give 2400 gold"
etc

instead everything gets clumped together in "100% to give gold"

back to the champ crystals, let's check the shard crystals:
"3* shard crystals = 100% to earn a 3* champ"
really...
same goes for 4* , 5* and 6* crystals.

seriously, as if saying "3* crystals have a 100% to give a 3* champ" wasn't enough of a joke, you couldn't even tell us when the playerbase started asking for rates over 3 months ago

now, to be fair, i don't know what i would have expected. having a list of % for every single champ on every single crystal is too much to display, but then again, you refused to say absolutely anything for months, and you definitely didn't have to take 3 months to let us know "3* crystals have a 100% to give a 3* champ". i can't understand why it was so impossible or forbidden to make a simple forum post saying so. if these are the rates you show us, then why you refused to make a forum post with the drop rates is beyond me.

now, the arena and alliance crystals are actually good in that regard. good job there, though i ignore if the rewards have the same quantity/tier. "x chance to get iso", but is it always the same tier of iso? or "x chance to earn units/gold" but is it always the same amount of units/gold? if so, the rates are accurate and good. if not, the rates should reflect each possible result. how much chance for a tier 1 iso, how much chance for a tier 2 iso, how much chance for 10 units, how much chance for 5 units, etc

Comments

• Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I agree with you about the gold crystals for sure. It would be nice to know the drop rates for the different gold amounts. I don't but them anyway because I always seem to get 2400 from them, but if someone were interested in buying them for some odd reason, it would be nice to know the drop rates like in the premium hero crystal.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Percentage chance for specific champ= 100/number of champs

Wow, what did I just do? I gave you a formula for the 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* crystal because kabam have confirmed multiple times that each champ has the same chance unless explicitly stated. Hooray!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »

Wow, what did I just do? I gave you a formula for the 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* crystal because kabam have confirmed multiple times that each champ has the same chance unless explicitly stated. Hooray!
    second, since they decided to keep silent for 3 months and only speak when everything was done, i expected them to release something better.

seriously, as if saying "3* crystals have a 100% to give a 3* champ" wasn't enough of a joke, you couldn't even tell us when the playerbase started asking for rates over 3 months ago

now, to be fair, i don't know what i would have expected. having a list of % for every single champ on every single crystal is too much to display, but then again, you refused to say absolutely anything for months, and you definitely didn't have to take 3 months to let us know "3* crystals have a 100% to give a 3* champ". i can't understand why it was so impossible or forbidden to make a simple forum post saying so. if these are the rates you show us, then why you refused to make a forum post with the drop rates is beyond me.

these parts pretty much sums it up

But why do they need a list of each champs percentage when you know it’s exactly the same?
  • Achilleous_07Achilleous_07 Posts: 22
    Lol. These drop rates are abismal. Kabam is going to need to make the drop rates better if they want anyone to buy them. They are going to see a significant drop in sales in the time to come.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Tbh the drop rates are much better than I expected
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    These drop rates are pretty much what everyone expected that buys a lot of crystals.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★

second, since they decided to keep silent for 3 months and only speak when everything was done, i expected them to release something better.

these parts pretty much sums it up

But why do they need a list of each champs percentage when you know it’s exactly the same?

We have been given a variety of different answers throughout the years.

Base on their support:

Our drop rates are set to ensure that there is not only a maintained balance between the opportunity to obtain valued items, but the rarity and integrity of these items as well.

&

Specialty Crystals increase the chance of getting the Hero you want

The drop rate for featured prizes the % is confusing. Clearly, increased chance is not the same across the board.

Task master -

2.13% 4*
    4.99% 3*

then if you look at the crystal bundles in the store,

Electro is 2.12% / 5.15%

Hela is 2.13% / 4.99%

Thor Rag is 2.11% / 5.14%

clearly, not all champs are the same despite having same description.

The featured 5* crystal , of course its 100% 5*, we want to know the featured rate. Same with the max sig crystals.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The individual Champs themselves are the same rate. Meaning there are no larger rates for Kamala, for example, than Voodoo. Unless specified as in the case of the Featured Crystals. That much has been said over and over by Moderation. A generic response from Support is not something that holds weight. It's just a generic response. Support wouldn't have access or knowledge of drop rates. I'd be shocked if they did. In the case of the Featured 5* Crystals, it's literally an equal chance of any Champ, with 6 of those being new Champs. That would make it 25% chance at a Champ that is Featured. No idea about Max Sig Crystals, but it's safe to say it's a majority of Shards with the lowest being IIF. In any case, they wouldn't likely be posted because we don't purchase those.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    i'm pretty sure one of the mods had said something about the team working on a proper rate for the gold crystals.
    nothing has been done so far.

there are drops across all crystals that are not properly displayed. one such example are the crystals that drop signature stones.

all stones are clumped together in "signature stone". they are not divided by class, and we can say all classes have the same chance, but there's another division:
    regular signature stones that increase signature level by 1
    stones that increase signature by 2
    stones that increase signature by 5

another big issue are the "boosts".

take the alliance crystal: the rates display a chance for a boost or lesser boost.
    so, what, health boost? xp boost? does this crystal have those weird class boost like "cosmic power boost" "tech special boost" ?

Wow, you consider the drop rates of second rate crystals to be "big issues." You realize they have made a major change to AQ recently? Or that the game is so unstable now that it crashes on a variety of devices? Cannot understand why you feel the need to necro dead posts that add no value and detract the game team from addressing serious issues that risk compromising more important parts of the game.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    If we are spending, why cant we directly buy the champs we want?

Do do we have to live with this rng forced upon us? Kabam will make money thats ways either, no?
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Rajuteda wrote: »
    If we are spending, why cant we directly buy the champs we want?

Do do we have to live with this rng forced upon us? Kabam will make money thats ways either, no?

In theory yes, but let's say that you want an Iceman and once you get that Iceman you spend no more money. A random system is set to keep you to keep trying for that Iceman.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I also think this is odd that they can do this. maybe it's a gray area that says hey, gold is gold, and 5* is a 5*. In that comparison, they'd have to list out the % of which champ you'd get etc. but with the gold crystal we're given different amounts that may progress or or may not progress us as much. I think if they have to differentiate between the chances of getting a 4* and a featured 4* etc, then they should have to differentiate the difference in gold you get from those gold crystals.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    Good god!! Some people are never happy..sigh...
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    huh, didnt think about that.
    i'm checking the rules and i'm not seeing anything about necros. just one small rule about bumping, rule 2 which says bumping is not ok, but doesn't say its forbidden, so technically no rule has been broken

They've said it is no bueno in the past. Bumping a dead post is necroing so yes, you are breaking the rules.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    not okay means it can be frowned upon, not recommended, or similar.
    it is not expressly forbidden. as i said, i checked the rules to make sure, and i didn't see any that forbids it.

rule number two. feel free to check it.

Yeah, nice try but like I said it is against the rules as you can see in the attached thread.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/164859#Comment_164859
This discussion has been closed.