**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ivanka's Character and Scenario Ideas

13»

Comments

• Options
    New Character: Iron Heart (RiRi Williams)
    Class: Tech
    Invincible_Iron_Man_1_Raney_Divided_We_Stand_Variant_0.jpg?timestamp=1497663261

Another character that I wanted to use in my Anti-Social Justice storyline that I didn't really have time to fully develop. RiRi is a young girl who is supposed to be super brilliant but never really acts like it. Eventually she takes on the mantle of Iron Man through a variety of duplicitous means including stealing equipment from MIT. She has all the earmarks of a super villain. She wants nothing more than to think of herself as oppressed and victimized, as seen in Invincible Iron Man #8 where her back story includes a bit about her sweet, good-natured grade school teacher telling Riri that she can do anything she wants to, and Riri responds by getting angry that the teacher is not acting racist or sexist toward her and providing her with the motivation of spite.

One idea I had for her was that she would have some kind of spite built in to her design- i.e. when her opponent has a buff she gains power and her specials become unblockable. That would make sense.

Additionally I think she should have the power to steal abilities when facing other tech champions.

Synergies:

#Unwarranted Affirmation
    Synergy with Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), or Wasp:
    People just can't stop telling you how amazing you are! Whenever it seems any of your champions have lost a fight, you have a 3% chance to actually win the fight!

#All Lives Don't Matter
    Synergy with Killmonger, Falcon, America Chavez, or Black Panther (Civil War)
    For ever #Black member of your team, your champions gain +5% attack against #White opponents.

#Replacements - Unique synergy with Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Thor (Jane Foster), and Falcon
    IronHeart: Armor-Up effects are 50% more effective.
    Spider-Man: Every 10 seconds that pass during the fight, Spider-Man gains an Evasion charge.
    Ms. Marvel: Fury buffs last 50% longer and are 100% more potent.
    Thor: +20% offensive ability accuracy and all debuffs inflicted last 2 seconds longer.
    Falcon: Falcon's chance for a perfect block is increased to 40%.

[Developer's Notes: on "Unwarranted Affirmation" synergy: when active there is a 3% chance that when a fight would end with a KO, instead the opponent is immediately reduced to 0 health and the player's champion is revived with 1% health, winning the fight. This synergy stacks so with all four champions on the same team there is a 9% chance.
    This synergy is meant to reference how characters like RiRi are constantly showered with affection and praise in the comics they've been featured in recently without ever doing anything to truly deserve it. Though I love the flavor of this maybe it is a little too powerful as conceivably someone could take a team of 2-star champions with this synergy and given enough revives just walk through Labyrinth of Legends. Possibly in need of reworking.]
    [Developer's Notes: on "Replacements", this is a nod to the fact that in MCOC, just like in the Marvel comics, most of these "All New, All Different" characters brought in to replace existing characters are objectively worse than the characters they replaced. So this synergy gives some of them a little boost. It might even make some of these notoriously awful characters pretty decent in the game.]
  • Options
    New Character: Squirrel Girl
    Class: Science
    4564273-the_unbeatable_squirrel_girl_3_2nd_printing_variant-h_2016.jpg

Another character I wanted to use for my Anti-Social Justice storyline but never got around to fully designing. Squirrel Girl is a teenage girl who through some unspecified mechanism developed altered DNA that gave her a prehensile tail, big buck teeth, squirrel-like abilities, and the ability to communicate with squirrels.

She's essentially a parody character but so are Hyperion, GwenPool, and Howard the Duck and they all worked out pretty well in MCOC.

Synergies:

#OMG-LikeComicsAreSOBoring!
    with GwenPool, DeadPool (X-Force), or Howard the Duck
    when active this synergy allows the player to skip certain boring content like story text and long special 3 animations.
    [Developer Notes: when the "OMG! Like, Comes Are SO Boring!" synergy is active at the start of each story mode or event quest map the player has an option to turn off all story text. There is also a button on-screen during special 3 animations that allow them to be skipped. This is good for people with short attention spans or who don't like reading the story, it also has a two-fold strategic advantage. Automatically skipping the story segments would allow players attempting a Legends run to save themselves several precious seconds. Skipping Special 3 animations can help avoid a Time Out on timed fights such as in Alliance Quest and Alliance War.]

#NotConventionallyAttractive
    with Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, and Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
    All of your female champions are extra resistant to the offensive male gaze. When male champions fight your female champions they suffer a -30% reduction to offensive ability accuracy.

#Nanny
    Unique synergy with Luke Cage
    Luke Cage: when intercepting an opponent's attack Luke inflicts a debuff that reduces power gains by 25% for the duration.
    Squirrel Girl: I don't know I didn't finish the design.

#Mentor
    Unique synergy with Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity War)

#ItsComplicated
    with Wolverine
  • Options
    Ivanka_HumpalotIvanka_Humpalot Posts: 51
    An alternate idea for Iron Heart's #Replacements synergy with Thor (Jane Foster): for Jane, make it so that as long as she stays above a certain health level, or maintains a significantly high combo, or maybe when her opponent is below a certain health threshold, then they can no longer use a special 3 and are forced to use special 2 instead... just something that would remove the penalty for pushing an opponent to 3 bars of power would be awesome for Jane Foster as she could really try to stretch out her chain stun constantly reapplying shock for as long as possible. Currently the one HUGE downside to that is if you run out or mess up, you immediately get hit with a special 3. Something to protect you from that outcome would instantly turn this extremely weak character into a potential powerhouse.

The synergy as written (increased ability accuracy- more shocks, more stuns- and increased debuff duration) was meant to accomplish the same thing in a back door way.