**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Civil Warrior a plausible alternative as Power Drain champion?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
Currently a 3☆ awakened and max levelled. Power drain only working on special 2 which is like taking a looong time to build up. Should I consider him for power drain?

Comments

• MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    alternative as opposed to whom?

he also has reduced special damage when blocking if you are good at baiting specials.
  • GarbagePandaGarbagePanda Posts: 46
    His L2 has a good power drain yes. If you have good experience using power drain champions, he's a good option.
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    In theory yes, but his power drain isn't nearly as strong as Vision or Magik's
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    I would say that, in general, he is a decent power control champion. His sp2 and sp3 each deplete half of the opponent's power. He isn't really a decent option for taking on all-or-nothing nodes if they start with a bar of power, since they will hit sp3 before he gets to his sp2.

One thing I think does get overlooked is that if his sp3 reduces the opponent's power to 0, he triggers a power lock. This was a bit glitchy last time I was trying to use it though, as the opponent had to be near no power before activating his sp3 in order to trigger (while it should trigger if they are below 50% power).
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Rbvojtik wrote: »
    I would say that, in general, he is a decent power control champion. His sp2 and sp3 each deplete half of the opponent's power. He isn't really a decent option for taking on all-or-nothing nodes if they start with a bar of power, since they will hit sp3 before he gets to his sp2.

One thing I think does get overlooked is that if his sp3 reduces the opponent's power to 0, he triggers a power lock. This was a bit glitchy last time I was trying to use it though, as the opponent had to be near no power before activating his sp3 in order to trigger (while it should trigger if they are below 50% power).

Betcha it counts the power gained from the special 3 by the opponent, and that’s why the power needs to be so low for the lock to trigger
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Short answer; yes he is. I think he’s a bit underrated. Longer answer; if you already have a decent/great power drainer - eg. Magik, DV, Vision, Hawkeye, Psylocke - he doesn’t outshine any of those. So; it depends on your roster.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    I’ve always liked CW. His heal block is decent and if played right can be a permanent heal block. His armor buffs reduce offense ability which can stop bleeds and reduce damage. He also can stop Magiks insane L3 damage when he has armor ups. The only thing I don’t really like about him is his damage output. It’s horrible.
  • Rbvojtik wrote: »

You build power through parrys to reach sp2 before opponents sp3
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    I love civil warrior because he’s fun to play. But i must say that he’s not a good power drain champ for longer fights.

Yes, you’d be able to launch your SP2 and power drain your opponent before your opponent reaches 3 bars of power. But that’s about it. You wont be able to stop a 2nd time around. You’d have to bait.

Other champs that can continuously power drain would be vision, hawkeye, dormammu, voodoo, magik, rouge.

Civil Warrior? - unfortunately cant.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    I agree with the above. He is very fun to play with and while his L2 power drain isn't the best, it is still serviceable. It's a nice utility to have, especially if you aren't dependent solely on power drain. He would be great for a quest team of power drainers. I have him as a rank 4 40 4*. Would have taken him to r5 if 6* champs didn't make 4* less relevant.