**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Revamping Abomination, Rhino and Juggernaut

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
edited March 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
The Hulk, Abomination, Rhino and Juggernaut are arguably the smashing four of this game, but the Hulk stands like ten feet tall above the other three. According to Seatin’s most recent list, the Hulk is in the “Demi-God Tier” while Rhino and Juggernaut are only in the second to last “Okay Tier”. Juggernaut and Rhino got an overhaul in 2016, but newly more powerful champions made that already outdated. Don’t get me started on Abomination. Archenemy Abomination is even worse and is considered to be “Meh Tier”. All three are strong enough to battle the Hulk in the comics but neither one would even stand in the MCOC game. So all three need changes.

ABOMINATION

Abomination has good stats and a good awakened ability, but without it pretty much sucks. Its special attacks have no secondary effects whatsoever, and he only poisons when bleed. That’s highly specific and only applies to a limited amount of champions, the majority being its class weakness so unwise to fight against.

I think Abomination should be the Drax of the Science champions. This means he should Poison when he critically hits, and Poison at his second and third special attack. All of his special attacks should have a 100% chance to Fury, albeit a longer but lower version.
I would keep his awakened ability as it is now but add a critical hit boost to it. I also would add a Cruelty effect once there are three cumulative Poison effects. This way, Abomination relies more on poison effects rather than Fury and that distinguishes him from Drax. This way Abomination can combat the Hulk with a mixture of Fury and Cruelty.

RHINO AND JUGGERNAUT

For me, these two are brother champions. They both use their head, literally, to fight. Both have a temper and are known to charge at their opponents. But both have their peculiarities.

Rhino has good stats: armour and a good awakened ability. Rhino has an ability called Rhino Charge. When dashing to an enemy, Rhino has the ability to become Unstoppable and Unblockable, depending on the size of the opponent. I think Juggernaut should also do that. The ability should just be called Charge.

Rhino has the ability to trigger his Fury effect by using a Medium Attack to end a five Attack Combo while his opponent is pinned against the wall. That’s just a stupid effect that dwarfs the instant Fury effects of Drax, Crossbones and the Hulk. I suggest that Rhino has a 100% chance to Fury when his opponent Evades. As you know, in the comics Rhino’s archenemy Spider-Man is quite agile and takes great pleasure in dodging Rhino’s charges, and he becomes furious because of that. This could also be reflected in MCOC. The Fury effect should be of the same kind Drax can trigger.

Juggernaut on the other hand should also have a 100% chance to trigger Fury, but not when the opponent Evades but when the opponent Armors Up. This is a reference to his archenemy Colossus. This could however become troublesome when Juggernaut fights Hulkbuster, which has a 100% chance to Armor Up when his opponent triggers a Fury effect. I suggest a cap on the amount of Furies and Armor Ups both champions can stack.

When Juggernaut performs a Heavy Attack, he can Stagger the opponent for 8 seconds, preventing the activation of the next buff. I suggest Rhino could have a similar effect called Break. When Rhino performs a Heavy Attack, he has a X% chance to prevent the opponent from blocking for 8 seconds.

The special attacks of both Juggernaut and Rhino have no secondary effects, which puts them both way behind in comparison to all other champions. The special attacks of both Juggernaut and Rhino is a variant of a charge in combination with a smash or head-butt. I suggest to add an effect called Trample, which causes Daze (reducing Defence Ability Accuracy) and Concussion (reducing Attack Ability Accuracy).

With these changes, Abomination, Rhino and Juggernaut become champions to be reckoned with and worthy of challenging the Hulk in strength.

Let me know what you think about it!

Comments

• Options
    fftusisfftusis Posts: 49
    Ramp up juggernaut, due to him having cytorrak's power. Should have a permanent rage buff on.
  • Options
    TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Abomination really needs a change
  • Options
    fftusis wrote: »
    Ramp up juggernaut, due to him having cytorrak's power. Should have a permanent rage buff on.
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of Fury in the first place? Like, the same thing can be said of Hulk to but game-mechanic wise that is not feasible.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Colonaut123 u said abomination only poisons when bleeding which is false when he is duped he can poison without bleeding
  • Options
    I think Abomination should be the Drax of the Science champions. This means he should Poison when he critically hits, and Poison at his second and third special attack. All of his special attacks should have a 100% chance to Fury, albeit a longer but lower version.
    I would keep his awakened ability as it is now but add a critical hit boost to it. I also would add a Cruelty effect once there are three cumulative Poison effects. This way, Abomination relies more on poison effects rather than Fury and that distinguishes him from Drax. This way Abomination can combat the Hulk with a mixture of Fury and Cruelty.
    I made a mistake here. The Hulk cannot be poisoned, so Abomination wouldn't get a Cruelty buff. I suggest switching it to Fury with a cumulative increased chance of Cruelty the more stacked up Furies. Like, there is 8% chance to Cruelty with no Fury, 12% chance with 1 Fury, 16% chance with 2 Furies, 20% chance with 3 Furies, etc.

• Options
    I like the Abomination suggestions. His radiation poisoning should be based on contact regardless of who hits who, the Cruelty buffs fit the character well, and I’m pretty sure I’d have a concussion if he gave me a headbutt.
    When awakened, Abomination does have a chance to poison when attacking and getting attacked.

I think with the Fury, the Poison and the Cruelty (and don't forget the extra Poison, reduced healing and extra critical hit rate when awakened), Abomination would be quite powerful enough.
    Besides, Concussion suits Rhino and Juggernaut better than Abomination.
  • Options
    Colonaut123 u said abomination only poisons when bleeding which is false when he is duped he can poison without bleeding
    Hey shadow_lurker22, this is what I've said:
    Abomination has good stats and a good awakened ability, but without it pretty much sucks. Its special attacks have no secondary effects whatsoever, and he only poisons when bleed. That’s highly specific and only applies to a limited amount of champions, the majority being its class weakness so unwise to fight against.
    The only applies to when unawakened. I hope that makes it more clear and sorry for the confusion. If the MCOC forums weren't so archaic, I would edit the first post to clarify.
  • Options
    I like the Abomination suggestions. His radiation poisoning should be based on contact regardless of who hits who, the Cruelty buffs fit the character well, and I’m pretty sure I’d have a concussion if he gave me a headbutt.
    When awakened, Abomination does have a chance to poison when attacking and getting attacked.

I think with the Fury, the Poison and the Cruelty (and don't forget the extra Poison, reduced healing and extra critical hit rate when awakened), Abomination would be quite powerful enough.
    I checked it, Irradiates poison only when attacked, not when attacking. The chance isn't that great either, like 10% at lvl 20. But then again, the poison is huge (60% of your attack over 12 seconds) so that compensates. On top of that, the poison doesn't stack. So yeah, he should poison both ways and it should stack. Sorry you were right.

PS: the 95% chance to poison 70% damage over 10 seconds when bleeding should stay.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Juggernaut’s headbutt...
    8q9qg7i57g0c.png

Abomination’s headbutt...
    1zapq055cmb5.png

I think they’d both cause a concussion.

Awesome, makes alot of sense to me, like the idea of concussion, now all we need to do is to convince Kabam-God to adobt our Earthy-logics into their Kabam Universe.
  • Options
    98FF_98FF_ Posts: 59
    The only applies to when unawakened. I hope that makes it more clear and sorry for the confusion. If the MCOC forums weren't so archaic, I would edit the first post to clarify.

So your saying A-Bombs not good unawakened, & you wish that would change? There are several amazing Champions that are utter trash unawakened, but Godly when they get a Sig (Star Lord, Voodoo, Medusa & Void for example). Awakened Abilities is an extremely important part of the game, & I know it sucks to have a 5* Medusa & only wish that someday she'll get the silver stars so she can be totally amazing (experiencing that myself currently 😢), but that's just how the game works. A-Bomb & Juggs are still great on AW Defense if Awakened, but yes, total trash unawakened. It sucks, but that's just how the game is.
  • Options
    Juggernaut’s headbutt...
    8q9qg7i57g0c.png

1zapq055cmb5.png

Drax also headbutts, also Concussion ability?

Sometimes, for game balance, it should not mimic reality exactly. Otherwise Abomination and Hulk would win every fight.
  • Options
    98FF_ wrote: »

So your saying A-Bombs not good unawakened, & you wish that would change? There are several amazing Champions that are utter trash unawakened, but Godly when they get a Sig (Star Lord, Voodoo, Medusa & Void for example). Awakened Abilities is an extremely important part of the game, & I know it sucks to have a 5* Medusa & only wish that someday she'll get the silver stars so she can be totally amazing (experiencing that myself currently 😢), buthat's just how the game works. A-Bomb & Juggs are still great on AW Defense if Awakened, but yes, total trash unawakened. It sucks, but that's just how the game is.
    Abomination sucks entirely, awakenend or not. Being awakenend just makes him suck a bit less. It is scandalous.

For me, awakenend abilities should support, not determine the champion. That's just a matter of balance and logic.
  • Options
    Juggernaut’s headbutt...
    8q9qg7i57g0c.png

1zapq055cmb5.png

Drax also headbutts, also Concussion ability?

Sometimes, for game balance, it should not mimic reality exactly. Otherwise Abomination and Hulk would win every fight.

Yea I’d say Drax has enough strength to cause a concussion by headbutt. Kabam is a lot like the NFL; acting like concussions aren’t a relevant part of the game.
    You can't have it all, it's called life. Drax is already a "Demi-God Tier" champion, he doesn't need extra buffs like Concussion, even if that would technically make sense.

Let's please move on with the discussion.
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Yeah I think these guys need a buff. They should be awesome defence champs in war, but they have been surpassed by new champs with extra utility and abilities
  • Options
    Yeah I think these guys need a buff. They should be awesome defence champs in war, but they have been surpassed by new champs with extra utility and abilities
    Abomination, Rhino and Juggernaut are anything but defensive. Their champion tag is a mistake. They are agressive bruisers.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★

I checked it, Irradiates poison only when attacked, not when attacking. The chance isn't that great either, like 10% at lvl 20. But then again, the poison is huge (60% of your attack over 12 seconds) so that compensates. On top of that, the poison doesn't stack. So yeah, he should poison both ways and it should stack. Sorry you were right.

PS: the 95% chance to poison 70% damage over 10 seconds when bleeding should stay.

Considering that’s 60% via DoT 10% of the time when taking hits or blocking that’s TERRIBLE!

To contrast:
    Voodoo Duped with an even combo has a 20% chance to place a loa while attacking. If you choose the L1 you can activate all those poisons at once for over 200% attack over 20 seconds. That is all around BETTER!

And then there’s the ever present Archangel. A single bleed and your blocks are 25% toxic and that only gets worse and worse with more bleeds and any more bleeds basically combines the bleed with the poison essentially placing the bleed damage and refreshing the poison timer

Abomination needs at least 15% chance to poison when attacking with flat +10% when under the effects of a fury JUST to be halfway decent as unlike Bleed poison takes forever!

This would still put him below GP who despite the 20% chance has around 100% damage and he’d have none of the power control or AAR
  • Options
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

Considering that’s 60% via DoT 10% of the time when taking hits or blocking that’s TERRIBLE!

To contrast:
    Voodoo Duped with an even combo has a 20% chance to place a loa while attacking. If you choose the L1 you can activate all those poisons at once for over 200% attack over 20 seconds. That is all around BETTER!

And then there’s the ever present Archangel. A single bleed and your blocks are 25% toxic and that only gets worse and worse with more bleeds and any more bleeds basically combines the bleed with the poison essentially placing the bleed damage and refreshing the poison timer

Abomination needs at least 15% chance to poison when attacking with flat +10% when under the effects of a fury JUST to be halfway decent as unlike Bleed poison takes forever!

This would still put him below GP who despite the 20% chance has around 100% damage and he’d have none of the power control or AAR
    If you put it like that, it is indeed horrible. But then again: are God Tier champions the best reference point? Like, those champions are insanely powerful. I'm already glad if all three get promoted to Good or Amazing Tier (I of course prefer Amazing). Probably Abomination will be Demi-God like Hulk and Drax.

That being said, I think Abomination's poison effect would already get a good boost if: (1) his signature is applied to all attacks and not only blocking, (2) he has 100% chance to poison when crit, (3) his signature increases crit chance, (4) special attack 2 and 3 poisons and (5) his poison effect stacks. If we add that to the Drax-like 100% chance to Fury when using a special attack and a cumulative increased chance for Cruelty the more stacked Fury he has, he should be a more than alright champion. He might not need a boost in chance to poison.

What are your thoughts @Mr_Otter ?

• Options

To contrast:

If you put it like that, it is indeed horrible. But then again: are God Tier champions the best reference point? Like, those champions are insanely powerful. I'm already glad if all three get promoted to Good or Amazing Tier (I of course prefer Amazing). Probably Abomination will be Demi-God like Hulk and Drax.

That being said, I think Abomination's poison effect would already get a good boost if: (1) his signature is applied to all attacks and not only blocking, (2) he has 100% chance to poison when crit, (3) his signature increases crit chance, (4) special attack 2 and 3 poisons and (5) his poison effect stacks. If we add that to the Drax-like 100% chance to Fury when using a special attack and a cumulative increased chance for Cruelty the more stacked Fury he has, he should be a more than alright champion. He might not need a boost in chance to poison.

What are your thoughts @Mr_Otter ?

I’ve been on hiatus since November getting back late February shaking off my rust in time to get the Killmonger event 100%. But I’ve always been looking to “revamp” older champs including the poor science champs.

My thoughts… let’s ignore ALL of his current abilities

1) Base abilities would be 15% poison Chance on all attacks.
    2) he’s a smart villain usually. Each poison on the enemy gives him about another flat 3% extra crit rate and damage
    3) crits 25% chance to poison instead of 15%
    4) keep the fury

5) Signature would give the same effect with a well timed block having a 3x multiplier and taking crits having a 0.5x penalty which is reduced to 1.0x (no pebalty or bonus) as you max the signature
    (Special attacks received cannot place poison)

6) Fury would have a similar ability boost like hulk increasing the potency of poisons by 10-20% base attack if they are placed while under the fury effect

7) special attacks CANNOT poison but add 1, 2.5 and 5 extra seconds on each poison depending on how which special.

8)! POISONS would keep their current damage and duration with only Fury and Specials changing that
  • Options
    @Colonaut123

It’s a little much but that’s my thoughts. Overall it’s but him roughly on par with Black Panther in terms of poison-bleed damage with modifiers and bonuses that can be devastating putting him on par with maybe voodoo in damage.

Overall not overpowered but like Rulk I see this being what he needs most as an overhaul to a simple mechanic in a way that allows him to capitalize on what he has. Albeit some changes are more like Luke Cage in severity but nothing on truly making him that far
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I think Abomination should have a similar mechanic to Mephisto. 12% chance per hit and 100% chance on special activation to activate an aura of poison, which deals poison damage when nearby an opponent. For Rhino, I'd like a similar ability to hulk ragnaroks smash. For example, medium attacks are unstoppable, can't trigger evade, and have a 25% chance to be unblockable? Finally with juggernaut my idea would be a passive unstoppable on a constantly counting down timer, but refreshes everytime you strike the opponent (similar to rogue's buff steal timer). Alternatively it could be on a slightly longer timer and requires a heavy attack to refresh. This passive unstoppable would be removed when struck by a special attack. With this buff juggs would be a lot of fun to play and make more use of his unstoppable ability, while still not being op because you would still take damage while being unstoppable and risk being intercepted by specials.
  • Options
    I’ve been on hiatus since November getting back late February shaking off my rust in time to get the Killmonger event 100%. But I’ve always been looking to “revamp” older champs including the poor science champs.

My thoughts… let’s ignore ALL of his current abilities

1) Base abilities would be 15% poison Chance on all attacks.
    2) he’s a smart villain usually. Each poison on the enemy gives him about another flat 3% extra crit rate and damage
    3) crits 25% chance to poison instead of 15%
    4) keep the fury

5) Signature would give the same effect with a well timed block having a 3x multiplier and taking crits having a 0.5x penalty which is reduced to 1.0x (no pebalty or bonus) as you max the signature
    (Special attacks received cannot place poison)

6) Fury would have a similar ability boost like hulk increasing the potency of poisons by 10-20% base attack if they are placed while under the fury effect

7) special attacks CANNOT poison but add 1, 2.5 and 5 extra seconds on each poison depending on how which special.

8)! POISONS would keep their current damage and duration with only Fury and Specials changing that
    I think there is an imbalance here. From the moment the opponent is poison immune (Hulk!), Abomination is useless. I would reduce the dependency on poison and add more damage-boosting effects or Fury effects (as that is the case with Hulk).
  • Options
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I think Abomination should have a similar mechanic to Mephisto. 12% chance per hit and 100% chance on special activation to activate an aura of poison, which deals poison damage when nearby an opponent. For Rhino, I'd like a similar ability to hulk ragnaroks smash. For example, medium attacks are unstoppable, can't trigger evade, and have a 25% chance to be unblockable? Finally with juggernaut my idea would be a passive unstoppable on a constantly counting down timer, but refreshes everytime you strike the opponent (similar to rogue's buff steal timer). Alternatively it could be on a slightly longer timer and requires a heavy attack to refresh. This passive unstoppable would be removed when struck by a special attack. With this buff juggs would be a lot of fun to play and make more use of his unstoppable ability, while still not being op because you would still take damage while being unstoppable and risk being intercepted by specials.
    I like your suggestion to turn Irradiate into an aura of poison!

Rhino's dash attacks are already Unstoppable with a chance to be Unblockable (depending on size). I'm not sure about the Evade as that would hamper the Fury triggering. Maybe a 10% chance to stun for 2 seconds?

I think the current Unstoppable effect of Juggernaut is good enough. If it should be changed, it is an increase in Armor score when Unstoppable.
  • Options
    Why not have a Vision effect and cause poison from proximity.
  • Options
    Like time per poison is .5 seconda when close and 4 when max distance.