**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My personal opinion on the Community Boss Rush

2»

Comments

• Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Iceman sucked but he was manageable with a duped ultron
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Signal it has nothing to do with effort. It has to do with a quest designed to spererate us from our supplies, and by separating us from our supplies, force us into the position of spending. I have 1 5/50. I can beat the quest, but at some point one has to decide if the cost of a thing makes it worth doing. The rewards for this arena are lame if you can't just walk through like you claim to have done. There are so many factors that impact whether or not you can be successful without damaging yourself by emptying your inventory of revives restores and boosts. Your mastery build, the champs you have available to use, the size of those champs the time you have to spend playing. And for some of us...our efforts are focused on things outside of this game...this is just a time waster...not a job, or a career (unless you get in with Kabam and start your own YouTube channel) it is just something to do...when there is nothing else nothing else MORE important.
  • Options
    And any event that requires a specific champ or champs, that many may not have, or that requires champs that are at max or near max level then it is elitist designed for only a handful of players (the top tier) who have those champs at that size. You just walked through with a single six star champ? I haven't even seen a shard for one yet soooo...yeah good on ya for completing it...try again with a team of 3/30 And come back and tell us how you did!
  • Options
    We hear all the time in here that, "you aren't willing to put out the effort," again i have to say, "you dont know me like that!" You have no clue how much effort anyone here puts forth or doesn't, but let me tell ya...I put forth the effort, i didnt get to a 357k rating without effort, but with the few t4cc shard crystals (only just added to event quest) in the game, selling t3cc, and the ascendant that spits out everything but t4cc solo players have no source for growth and so my efforts net me less rewards because I don't associate with 29 other guys to help me get those things...i dont ride on anyone elses shirt tail, what i get i get on my own...and bud...if you had been playing solo for as long as i have you wouldnt be in here bragging...you'd be in my position...getting pissed at someone who thinks their stuff don't stink!
  • Options
    TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    Not that bad minus the fully immune super annoying antman.. And the fact you can pull antman as a prize. Luckily for yeet nobody enjoys his videos as is so at least he doesn’t have to worry about losing viewers.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Codornas wrote: »
    I entered the fight with my 5* R5 starlord with 15% HP to see if coldnap was Ice Phoenix like, but i lost 400 per second and it stopped when i was at 8% HP.

Plus safeguard was allowing a 1700 damage per hit, seems pretty fine for me, killed him with 77 hits on first attempt

not everyone has a rank 5 5*. my point is more focused on mid tier players

3 star Rogue, easy peasy. Bunch of other options as well.
  • Options
    ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    Everytime a new quest comes out and a specific champ seems to be a bit more difficult than the others, I remind myself of v1 Ice Phoenix and suddenly I stop caring :-)
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Youtubers are, in fact, part of the community. The name is right.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Gotta love whine posts.

Though, it is sad to see people convince themselves that content is impossible when it can be easily overcome with enough skill and strategy.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    They don't represent the community

So if they picked 6 other random "community" members, their views would represent the community? No, they would have their idea of something that is challenging and then people would be mad about that. They were asked to make it a challenge and they did. The content creators are very much a part of the community and is proven by the subscribers they have and videos they put out to help the rest of the community.
  • Options
    General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    @Rap over 350k rating with only 1 5/50? I find that hard to believe. I’m not a champ seller, and I have 8 5/50 or
    3/45, 2 4/55, and 1 1/25 6*, at only 210k rating.
    qqmun9jidkwb.png
  • Options
    8hjt4d5dknrt.png
    Also have these for future rank ups, just need a lot of gold more than anything
  • Options
    Signal believe what you want. I have a higher rating than you. But based on all the t4cc you have stored you didn't get where you are playing solo...I did. And there ain't any stockpile of t4cc for solo players. But we got yer gold!
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    They don't represent the community

No 6 players can ever represent the whole community. You’d have to get one at each 1/6 interval, but then a couple would need to be youtubers, a couple would need to be parents, some kids, some with and without jobs. The youtubers represent the community because they’re the halfway house between kabam and us.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I like the coldsnap damage because you have a lot less room for error. Makes it more of a challenge of you only have a smaller portion of your health pool to work with. Also a reason why this thing is called a challenge
  • Options
    And for the record if this boss rush offered t4cc is be stained my way through. But the rewards are designed for those who can walk through. And if I had that stockpile of t4cc SP you couldn't touch my rating....
  • Options
    DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    When will Kabam make these challenges start to make these challenges easier for the new players?

No awaking 5* gem? Without this the rewards are just OK.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Rap wrote: »
    Signal it has nothing to do with effort. It has to do with a quest designed to spererate us from our supplies, and by separating us from our supplies, force us into the position of spending. I have 1 5/50. I can beat the quest, but at some point one has to decide if the cost of a thing makes it worth doing.

Yes, one has to decide that. And if one decides correctly, then its not a cash grab.

You have one 5/50. I don't recommend fully exploring Act 5. I don't recommend trying LoL. Uncollected difficulty every month might be okay, but maybe not. And if you can't finish the boss rush without spending, I would recommend not spending.

This game doesn't grab cash from newer players. It grabs cash from impatient players.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Signal believe what you want. I have a higher rating than you. But based on all the t4cc you have stored you didn't get where you are playing solo...I did. And there ain't any stockpile of t4cc for solo players. But we got yer gold!

Higher rating but you play with only yourself? So you have an invincible army of maxed 3 stars? Here's a tip: almost all of the higher end content including middling boss rush challenges is not for you. That should save some aggravation.
  • Options
    chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018
    I entered the fight with my 5* R5 starlord with 15% HP to see if coldnap was Ice Phoenix like, but i lost 400 per second and it stopped when i was at 8% HP.

Plus safeguard was allowing a 1700 damage per hit, seems pretty fine for me, killed him with 77 hits on first attempt

not everyone has a rank 5 5*. my point is more focused on mid tier players

And my point is coldnap isnt that strong. 5* doesnt have much more resistance than a 50/50. I lost less than 20% of HP. Ice Phoenix took over 80% HP

And this challenge isnt meant for midtiers players since its for lvl 40+

But try a long fight with Wolverine or X23 with sp3 so his healing tops coldnap

Rogue also a great option spamming Sp1

Level 40 means little and it certainly does not mean you are a top tier player when above it (I am level 53 and only have one 5/50 4* and not a single Rank 3 5* yet... just didn't have a tech 5* so I rank 5'ed my 4* Star Lord).

Though I do agree it is not for me and the OP... just know that "level" is not a good indication of someones skill or roster level in game (basically the only good basic metric is roster, but obviously top tier skill can overcome roster but that is a separate issue... so you can say this is not for us who's rosters are around the 4* 4/40 level)..
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    BG is getting pretty far with his 3* champs as we speak. He's at Iceman right now and only revived and healed up to full once.
  • Options
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    BG is getting pretty far with his 3* champs as we speak. He's at Iceman right now and only revived and healed up to full once.

I missed one revive when he was fighting Venom. He revived twice and used a few healt potions. Nothing major.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

It was particularly interesting to note that even 3* Rogue can survive Iceman's coldsnap.
  • Options
    @Rap maybe if you spent more time in the actual game than on the forums you’d be able to get the t4 class needed to rank people up.
  • Options
    HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    edited March 2018
    81ms2dr9k4ny.jpg
    This is my top squad: SL, Magik, X23 & Quake all 5/50, Gwen is 3/45. I'm Uncollected as well. I'm pretty good at the game as well however this Boss Rush has been nearly impossible for me. Granted my team isn't by no means, as good as a lot of you guys on here but I beat the last Boss Rush so what gives?
    This challenge, I feel, is unbalanced and definitely is for a select tier of players in the game and yes, it is a bit of a "cash grab".
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    @Hollowborn u do know, bran grant beat it with 3* right? and dude spends 0$ on the game

and this content for my roster and progress in the game is childs play for me.
    its more of a challenge to begiinner/mid players
  • Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It was particularly interesting to note that even 3* Rogue can survive Iceman's coldsnap.

It definitely was. I wish he'd died earlier, would have loved to see a longer fight with Rogue.