**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question about AW seasons

Hi guys.

I have a question, I took a two week break from my alliance due to personal reasons.

I've just read that you have to do a minimum of 5 wars to be eligible for the season rewards.

I was hoping to join them again today. There's 11 days left and because of matchmaking being disabled on Sunday there will only be 4 wars I can be part of. Does this mean I will not be eligible for the rewards?

I have done way more than 5 wars with them already but that was earlier in the season.

If someone could shed some light on that, I would be highly appreciative.

Thanks

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Could you start for one alliance, do 5 matches, then join another and do 5... but then claim both rewards?

Wonder how that works out?
  • RobbydogRobbydog Posts: 23
    I dont think so, you just get rewards for the Alliance you've been in but just as long as it's been 5 or more wars. I think I messed up.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    If you got in todays war you're good. If not, you missed
  • RobbydogRobbydog Posts: 23
    Missed then
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Could you start for one alliance, do 5 matches, then join another and do 5... but then claim both rewards?

Wonder how that works out?

Nope. Just like with AQ rewards you get them only if you are in the alliance when the rewards are handed out, so it is impossible to collect AW season rewards from two different alliances (short of an epic bug in the game).

The five wars don't *generate* rewards for you, they *qualify* you for rewards. It is, in effect, similar to AQ lockout. Being in the alliance for enough time qualifies you for rewards when they are handed out. But you can't join an alliance until the AQ lockout ends, leave and join another, and get the rewards from the alliance you left.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Yeah you will miss season rewards at this point. My suggestion would be to re-join the same alliance, finish the last 4 wars with them, then submit a ticket stating your case that you been with them the whole season but mistakenly missed one of the last wars. I’m sure there’s going to be many of these situations coming up by season end.
  • Johnnyblaze23Johnnyblaze23 Posts: 45
    I'm in the same situation as OP. Did more than 5 wars before I took off for vacation, now I'll rejoin with 4 wars left. What say you, Kabam?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I'm in the same situation as OP. Did more than 5 wars before I took off for vacation, now I'll rejoin with 4 wars left. What say you, Kabam?

They actually anticipated this question in the original announcement, and they apparently say you are out of luck:
    You must have participated in at least 5 wars with the Alliance you conclude the Season with in order to be eligible to receive rewards. If you leave and rejoin your Alliance, that counter resets!

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/47443/announcing-alliance-wars-seasons
  • Johnnyblaze23Johnnyblaze23 Posts: 45
    Well that blows. I guess I should've stayed and let someone pilot my account then