**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to get tier 4 basic catalyst?

PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
How do you get tier 4 basic catalyst to upgrade my guys so I can actually complete the event where it seems to be the only place to get them? Is there another way to get them or do you have to pay money to advance in the game?

Comments

• chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Pseudouber wrote: »
    How do you get tier 4 basic catalyst to upgrade my guys so I can actually complete the event where it seems to be the only place to get them? Is there another way to get them or do you have to pay money to advance in the game?

There is an Expert Proving that give fragments (also and Arena that gives one as last milestone but that is a slog)... but the easiest way is in the "Store" go to the "Glory" tap and you can buy halves of T4Basic there ;)

Other then that Act 4 completion and exploration get you a lot... but the easiest ones are from login calendar and Glory Store.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    login calendar
    T4B arena
    alliance quests
    glory store
    special offers
    heroic and master event quests
    act 4 and 5 story quests
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    So Im having a really hard time getting enough T4 to upgrade my guys. What can I do daily to get more just grind proving grounds?
  • jlamadisonjlamadison Posts: 274
    the easy path on expert in proving grounds gives you around 950 fragments a day. you can also do hard and then sell the T3 catalysts for more T4 fragments.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    So Im having a really hard time getting enough T4 to upgrade my guys. What can I do daily to get more just grind proving grounds?

T4 basic catalysts are not really a "get per day" kind of thing, they are more of a "so many per month" kind of thing. You aren't just going to be able to get as much as you need to rank up everything you want. Depending on where you are in the game progress-wise, T4B is going to be one of the bottlenecks you'll have to learn to live with and ration to the champions you place the highest priority of ranking up.

As @MarzGroove stated above, you can get one per month in the login calendar, one every nine days in the T4B arena event for reaching 1.1 million point milestone, and a few per month doing the monthly events at the higher difficulty levels. Except for things you can only do once like Realm of Legends, the only other significant repeatable way to earn T4b cats or fragments is the expert proving grounds which generates about one T4B every two weeks, and alliance quest rewards including using glory. In an expert tier alliance you can probably get two or three a week at least if you focus on that.

However, few players at any tier, even the higher levels of the game, genuinely have more T4B than they can possibly use. It is just part of the game to prioritize and manage their usage.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    Thanks, That really slows down progress huh, And those class t4 wow its going to be a year before I rank and 4* to max. I still havent gotten a whole one.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Thanks, That really slows down progress huh, And those class t4 wow its going to be a year before I rank and 4* to max. I still havent gotten a whole one.

You need an active alliance that completes AQ maps. The map crystals that you get from completing battlegroups in Alliance Quests are generally where I have found the most t4 class catalysts.