**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank down tickets / gold

2»

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    If other people want to use them to rank down champions they don’t want anymore, it doesn’t affect me in the least.

This is the gap in thinking between the two groups, for the most part.

Higher (more competitive alliance) players competing to be the best see RDT as a chance for players to further manipulate prestige/fix mistakes holding back finishing content.

Lower players see RDT as a way to progress faster. To spend the same resources elsewhere to fix the current problem in front of them.

I don't want to see further manipulation of prestige and $$$ buying the newest, high prestige champ. I wouldn't mind seeing progression for lower players sped up a little (even though it has been drastically). Therefore I think it needs to be a push for more resources. Keep t5b/t2a scarce (and even then, at least t2a increased), but t4cc and t4b could be greatly increased. same with t1a depending who you talk to. I don't think there is a lack of gold in the game, but rather a lack of ways to get gold. There is 1. Arena. And god is it boring.
  • Hey gang -

I moved this over to Suggestions and Requests. Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback on all of this. At the moment we don't have plans for RDTs, but we appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and reasons for wanting them again.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Higher (more competitive alliance) players competing to be the best see RDT as a chance for players to further manipulate prestige/fix mistakes holding back finishing content.

Lower players see RDT as a way to progress faster. To spend the same resources elsewhere to fix the current problem in front of them.

I don't want to see further manipulation of prestige and $$$ buying the newest, high prestige champ. I wouldn't mind seeing progression for lower players sped up a little (even though it has been drastically). Therefore I think it needs to be a push for more resources. Keep t5b/t2a scarce (and even then, at least t2a increased), but t4cc and t4b could be greatly increased. same with t1a depending who you talk to. I don't think there is a lack of gold in the game, but rather a lack of ways to get gold. There is 1. Arena. And god is it boring.
    I have not seen players requesting RDTs for prestige or for completing higher game content. The requests I see are for players who either ranked up a bad champ by necessity or mistake or for players who want to adjust their rosters because of changes in the game, like a nerf or changed events. Those are the comments I am addressing.

I think limiting RDTs to prevent prestige manipulation is unfairly punishing players for something that should be fixed through other means. The fact that the champs you have ranked up affects your standing makes no sense to me. They should change or remove that rather than keep players trapped with the rosters they have.

I agree that changing resource earnings would help. I don’t see that as being mutually exclusive with RDTs. Progression for new players has been sped up in some respects, but it is also harder to dupe champions, which many require to be useful. It’s a mixed bag as the game evolves.

Resource needs also change as you progress, but earning them doesn’t change along with the player. I used to have plenty of T4BC, and I used to sell my T1As constantly because they would expire. Now that I have a larger 5 star roster, I use them up very quickly. T4CC have always been very hard to come by. I used to struggle to get ISO. I have a larger roster, and I dupe more frequently. I have a lot of high level class ISO, so then I run out of gold. I grind in the arena a fair amount, but it is never enough. Earning resources needs an overhaul to keep up with the way the game changes and with the way players progress. It should not be too easy. The game would get too boring. But right now it is a never ending source of frustration and mind numbing grinding.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

I have not seen players requesting RDTs for prestige or for completing higher game content. The requests I see are for players who either ranked up a bad champ by necessity or mistake or for players who want to adjust their rosters because of changes in the game, like a nerf or changed events. Those are the comments I am addressing.

I think limiting RDTs to prevent prestige manipulation is unfairly punishing players for something that should be fixed through other means. The fact that the champs you have ranked up affects your standing makes no sense to me. They should change or remove that rather than keep players trapped with the rosters they have.

I agree that changing resource earnings would help. I don’t see that as being mutually exclusive with RDTs. Progression for new players has been sped up in some respects, but it is also harder to dupe champions, which many require to be useful. It’s a mixed bag as the game evolves.

Resource needs also change as you progress, but earning them doesn’t change along with the player. I used to have plenty of T4BC, and I used to sell my T1As constantly because they would expire. Now that I have a larger 5 star roster, I use them up very quickly. T4CC have always been very hard to come by. I used to struggle to get ISO. I have a larger roster, and I dupe more frequently. I have a lot of high level class ISO, so then I run out of gold. I grind in the arena a fair amount, but it is never enough. Earning resources needs an overhaul to keep up with the way the game changes and with the way players progress. It should not be too easy. The game would get too boring. But right now it is a never ending source of frustration and mind numbing grinding.

Saying that you have “not seen” people wanting rtds for prestige may just be bc they won’t come out and say that. People who have a 5* r4 ant man or iron man or winter soldier or whatever and then asking for rank down tickets to “fix” a bad rank up is essentially the equivalent of that. They ranked that champ up bc they thought it would benefit them at that time—or bc they were impatient, or whatever. The result is the same. They had a higher prestige bc of that rank up, got better rewards in aq with that prestige, likely won more wars bc of that stronger champs/better aq rewards, and now wants to rank them down to replace them. Whether u want to say that’s bc of “prestige” or “fixing a bad rank up” or whatever, the result is the same—they rank up a newer champ and it changes prestige calculations and strategies others may have employed.

If get it. In your view it doesn’t hurt others by giving out rdts. But it does. It hurts in aq rank. It also effectively punishes the people who were patient in ranking their champs.

And finally, as far as progression for lower players, it has been sped up dramatically. When I started playing, 5* shards were nearly impossible to find—now u can get tons from doing arena. Even 4* shards were really hard to come by. Now it takes very little arena to get a 4* champ a week.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I disagree with everything you just said. The resources are out there but a lot of the people complaining about limited resources are-
    1. To lazy to do the leg work to get them. I.E. grinding arenas or being in active alliances.
    2. Aren't high enough level to earn better rewards.
    3. Aren't running AQ map at least 5x5.
    If you were someone that focused on ranking champs solely on what bosses were in AQ, then that's your fault. There is a lot of different game modes out there and having a diverse roster should have been your goal all along. AQ was meant to go through changes and if you didn't know/realize this, then again it falls on you.
    The sentineliods are shells of the playable one. They are what is faced in uncollected. Their abilities are different than the playable one and the only have SP1/2. The game has to evolve and change. This has been said over and over.
    My ally runs map 5x5. I am overflowing with T4CC except Skill due to R5 5* blade. T4B is out there but you have to be willing to save and then grind to get the full available resources. Same with T1 Alphas. You can get 5 per AQ cycle in addition to 3 day completion event, Arena series event, and 3 day item use event (I believe).
    I agree that a varying quest for AQ would be great but you don't need a huge diverse roster to do compete with all of that. Also hidden AQ nodes hasn't changed since Dorm became the boss. AW changed back to what it was before because the exploit was fixed.
    You are free to have whatever opinion you want, but you are making a lot of assumptions without any basis. Your assumptions about me personally are way off.

1. You have no idea whether the people who are complaining are too lazy or not. You have no idea whether they have completed quests, done the arenas regular, or participate in an active alliance. That’s your opinion. I have done and continue to do all three.
    2. Being high enough to to earn better rewards is part of the problem. Some of the content requires higher levels and champs, but you can’t earn those things unless you can complete the higher content. It’s a catch-22. The rewards are poorly designed. Each level should give you some rewards to earn your way to the next level, but they frequently don’t. The community complains about this all the time, but some people assume they are just whining for the sake of it.
    3. Running AQ map 5x5 isn’t possible for a lot of people, and it’s irrelevant because the Sentinels are going to be at every level. If people have to run map 5 to have the resources to upgrade champions needed to play map 3 or 4, then something is wrong with the state of the game.

I did not say that I focused on ranking champions for bosses. I did not build my roster based on any aspect of AQ. I don’t know where you got all those wild assumptions from. I was talking about ALL the MCOC content, not just AQ. If Kabaam’s latest change has made armor breaking a priority in AQ, but the other content doesn’t benefit from that, then they need to let us earn our way to a larger roster so that we can have different types of teams for each area. I think this would be a great change, but they can’t have one part of it without the other. Well, they can, but then people are going to complain a lot, as they should.

If your alliance can run map 5 all the time, congratulations. It doesn’t have any relevance to the fact that many in the community can’t. My own alliance runs a mix because we have a diverse membership. I can handle higher content, but some of my teammates can’t. I am not going to leave my alliance just so I can climb this artificial ladder that Kabaam created. My alliance also has members who are far better than me. They must feel the same way because they haven’t left us for a higher alliance.

Roster diversity is also hindered by the randomness of champion openings (outside of arenas). I have a decent sized rosters, but a lot of my champions do the same thing. There are a few areas where my roster is lacking simply because I have not been lucky enough to pull those types of champions. My roster was very one dimensional for a long time, not because I chose it, but because that it what I pulled from the crystals. It is another example of Kabaam’s contradictory design strategy. If champion capabilities are important but the champions we get are random, then there is a inherent disconnect, and it is no wonder the players get very frustrated.

I never said you. You took it that way. Reading through post after post after post about Gold and RDT's, you will see the points I made become more apparent. It may not be you, but a good majority of the posts are from people that DON"T want to put in the work.
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    Here’s a suggestion we get 1 rank down ticket for 4 and 5* every anniversary that way it doesn’t break the game and with the gold they just need to do a gold realm every week I don’t need rank down tickets but that’s an easy fix to stop the posts about rank down tickets
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Saying that you have “not seen” people wanting rtds for prestige may just be bc they won’t come out and say that. People who have a 5* r4 ant man or iron man or winter soldier or whatever and then asking for rank down tickets to “fix” a bad rank up is essentially the equivalent of that. They ranked that champ up bc they thought it would benefit them at that time—or bc they were impatient, or whatever. The result is the same. They had a higher prestige bc of that rank up, got better rewards in aq with that prestige, likely won more wars bc of that stronger champs/better aq rewards, and now wants to rank them down to replace them. Whether u want to say that’s bc of “prestige” or “fixing a bad rank up” or whatever, the result is the same—they rank up a newer champ and it changes prestige calculations and strategies others may have employed.

If get it. In your view it doesn’t hurt others by giving out rdts. But it does. It hurts in aq rank. It also effectively punishes the people who were patient in ranking their champs.

And finally, as far as progression for lower players, it has been sped up dramatically. When I started playing, 5* shards were nearly impossible to find—now u can get tons from doing arena. Even 4* shards were really hard to come by. Now it takes very little arena to get a 4* champ a week.
    Once again, that is a big assumption. I am sure there are people that would try to abuse the RDT system. It is up to Kabaam to figure out a way to do it that would minimize it. That's what they get paid the big bucks to do. Punishing the majority because some people in the top tiers of AQ might manipulate the system is the wrong approach. I'm not saying RDTs should be unlimited either. They can be something that we have to earn and conserve just like any other resource.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    They're not for changes to content. That's the whole point. We will never have the perfect Roster to handle any and all changes that come. The game is about earning Resources and continuing to Rank the Champs we choose. Nothing guarantees those Champs will be the most efficient in any game mode indefinitely. That's the risk we take when we choose to Rank for one mode only. We either have to find other uses for those Champs, or Rank more.
    They were created because of some major changes to how the Champs themselves function. We haven't had changes like that in a year. We had a Christmas Gift of them, but they're not meant to be handed out with every change that comes. Certainly not to allow us to swap Resources whenever something new comes along. There's no such thing as a perfect Roster we can retire on for the rest of the game. It will take time to earn Resources when things change, yes. That's how we grow.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Hey gang -

I moved this over to Suggestions and Requests. Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback on all of this. At the moment we don't have plans for RDTs, but we appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts and reasons for wanting them again.

thank you for not closing down atleast one RDT thread straightaway.
  • Kabam should give us rank down tickets to make things right ,,,, we might have taken wrong decision... we need to correct it... every quarter atleast one 4&5 star RDT doesn't harm...
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    This RDT issue has gone on for far too long. Didn’t we just get RDTs in December last year? Barely 4 months into 2018 and people are asking for them again? When will this end?

I strongly suggest to Kabam that you guys can consider giving one last round of RDTs and state firmly that this is the last time that RDTs would ever be given again and close this endless loops of request once and for all.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Kabam should give us rank down tickets to make things right ,,,, we might have taken wrong decision... we need to correct it... every quarter atleast one 4&5 star RDT doesn't harm...

LOL. Trust me, it will.

Besides, what's the point of making a decision if you know you can reverse it once every quarter?
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    How do we know if a charcter is good or not?
    The very first approach should be rank them up & play around the difficult contents, where a r1 l1 champ won't help. You need to get that champion upto a certain level to test stuffs up. That is why content creators get a maxed out sig 99 4* version of the character, to showcase their full ability.
    Now suppose u find a charcter pretty trash after testing but u can't get him down bcz there's no method of it.

Simply after every charcter u get, u have to search forums & utube videos to find those are good or not & then make decisions. Why should that be the case? The game is just not based on utube n forums, people might want to try a new champ on their own. This issue will be addressed by RDTs.

I support the content creator program, that atleast allows people to test brand new champs without spending resources on them. But what about older champs. If someone wants to compare damage of a similar ranker rocket & starky, how will he do that on his own wo investing resources? Then he finds rocket to be inferior how does he put him back down? (If u say watch a video first, then who'll be making it if no one can rank up n down on testing purpose?)

alternate to RDT would be more availability of resources, no one complains about a trash maxed out 3*. Bcz doing that is very easy. But from the point the difficult to obtain resources starts piling up, people just can't get those at will & take every char to that level, there he has to make a choice. But how to choose without testing?

I get the prestige exploit issue. But that is probably the only counter to RDT against numerous benefits. So better revise the prestige system.

Once again, that is a big assumption. I am sure there are people that would try to abuse the RDT system. It is up to Kabaam to figure out a way to do it that would minimize it. That's what they get paid the big bucks to do. Punishing the majority because some people in the top tiers of AQ might manipulate the system is the wrong approach. I'm not saying RDTs should be unlimited either. They can be something that we have to earn and conserve just like any other resource.

How does anything I said constitute manipulating the system? I get it. You want a rank down ticket. But don’t use straw men arguments about something I didn’t say.

It is not an abuse to rank down a champ you no longer want ranked—whether it’s bc u made a “mistake” (and bear in mind, it’s only a “mistake” in hindsight—I doubt you mistakenly hit the rank up button) or bc you have a better prestige champ or better champ overall now. My point is, part of the strategy in the game is in rank ups. You are adding a new strategy to the game which is who to rank down—despite some people, myself included until I had t2as expiring, who were more patient on who they ranked up bc of the understanding it was a permanent choice. Its fine if kabam wants to do add that element, but they should be transparent about it bc it effects a lot of people’s decision making. My point repeatedly has been it punishes people who are selective and patient with who they rank up and rewards the people who were impatient and ranked up a winter soldier or iron man or ant man bc it was a 5* dupe.
    They're not for changes to content. That's the whole point. We will never have the perfect Roster to handle any and all changes that come. The game is about earning Resources and continuing to Rank the Champs we choose. Nothing guarantees those Champs will be the most efficient in any game mode indefinitely. That's the risk we take when we choose to Rank for one mode only. We either have to find other uses for those Champs, or Rank more.
    They were created because of some major changes to how the Champs themselves function. We haven't had changes like that in a year. We had a Christmas Gift of them, but they're not meant to be handed out with every change that comes. Certainly not to allow us to swap Resources whenever something new comes along. There's no such thing as a perfect Roster we can retire on for the rest of the game. It will take time to earn Resources when things change, yes. That's how we grow.

Aren’t you supposed to tell us that rank down tickets are never going to be issues again bc kabam said they would only be champ specific? Oh wait...they sent another round of rdts that didn’t include nerfs and weren’t champ specific. Instead, they had an expiration date that really screwed me specifically based on champ options I had at that time—despite opening like 5 5* crystals in that time span.
    edited March 2018

Aren’t you supposed to tell us that rank down tickets are never going to be issues again bc kabam said they would only be champ specific? Oh wait...they sent another round of rdts that didn’t include nerfs and weren’t champ specific. Instead, they had an expiration date that really screwed me specifically based on champ options I had at that time—despite opening like 5 5* crystals in that time span.

Since then, they also commented that was a rare occurrence and they have no plans to make them readily available. They gave people a Christmas Gift. Now they want more. There's no end to it.
    What I was reiterating is what they themselves have said.
    My personal opinion is I wish they were never introduced. That's all we've heard about. There wasn't even a possibility before the nerfs. Now people are asking every other day, citing game balance and every other excuse. People need to live with their choices. That's how I feel. Make the best decisions they think and Rank more, instead of expecting the game to make sure they have the best Champs all the time in a game that's meant to change. Work for the Resources.

Since then, they also commented that was a rare occurrence and they have no plans to make them readily available. They gave people a Christmas Gift. Now they want more. There's no end to it.
    My personal opinion is I wish they were never introduced. That's all we've heard about. There wasn't even a possibility before the nerfs. Now people are asking every other day, citing game balance and every other excuse. People need to live with their choices. That's how I feel. Make the best decisions they think and Rank more, instead of expecting the game to make sure they have the best Champs all the time in a game that's meant to change. Work for the Resources.

T2as are not really a resource you can work for.

T2as are not really a resource you can work for.

Yes, they are.
    No. They are not. You can get frags by doing monthly eqs and usin glory and lucking our with frags on 6* crystals and daily uncollected crystals. But it takes forever to earn just one that way after you have completed lol (I have completed it once, eventually I will 100%) and act 5.

I’m referring to people who have gotten th t2as from those sources. After that, they are totally stuck. You lose credibility to the extent you are implying that t2as (and t5bs) are not the rarest resources in the game.
    You made the assertion that you can't work towards them. That's not true. The fact is, the Resources are not an excuse to make Tickets available. That's just not how the game is designed. It's not a system of swapping Champs when they no longer serve the purpose you had for Ranking them. That's why Ranking takes forethought. If you Rank for one area of the game alone, you're setting yourself up for the possibility of having to find a new use for those Champs. It's not up to them to make sure our Roster is the best at all given times.
    You made the assertion that you can't work towards them. That's not true. The fact is, the Resources are not an excuse to make Tickets available. That's just not how the game is designed. It's not a system of swapping Champs when they no longer serve the purpose you had for Ranking them. That's why Ranking takes forethought. If you Rank for one area of the game alone, you're setting yourself up for the possibility of having to find a new use for those Champs. It's not up to them to make sure our Roster is the best at all given times.

I have a ranked 5* r4 champ bc I had t2as expiring bc I couldn’t pull a 5* champ worth r4. I ranked the best champ I had at the time. Explain to me exactly what forethought could have been employed to avoid that situation? Please. I would love to know.

And btw: I have always been against rdts. But I would like to now exactly what I could have done different in that scenario.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    I think rank down tickets will be very helpful when only available for 4* champions. Suppose I have r5 4*sl and when I get sl from 5* hero and I'm with less t4cc then ranked down a 4* sl will be effective.Also some accidentally r4 4*champions which is of no use currently can be ranked down. So at least give some 4* rank down tickets .It will be helpful

I have a ranked 5* r4 champ bc I had t2as expiring bc I couldn’t pull a 5* champ worth r4. I ranked the best champ I had at the time. Explain to me exactly what forethought could have been employed to avoid that situation? Please. I would love to know.

And btw: I have always been against rdts. But I would like to now exactly what I could have done different in that scenario.

There's not much forethought involved. I would have done the same thing. That doesn't mean they owe you a redo when you roll a better Champ.

There's not much forethought involved. I would have done the same thing. That doesn't mean they owe you a redo when you roll a better Champ.

I’m not, nor have I ever said, they owe me a rank down ticket. Again, you use a straw man argument that has never been raised. My entire point was the 5* r4 champs and above are the ones where you are totally screwed if you rank up the wrong champs bc those are the most finite resources in the game. Once you get the ones from act 5 and lol, you’re essentially sol. You seem to believe there is this magical set of t2as out there that nobody has found. If you could identify them to us, I’m sure we would all appreciate it.

Also, are you uncollected yet?
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    I would probably be more inclined to purchase the new offers with rank up materials if I had gold to actually rank up Champions.