**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do YOU love most about The Contest?

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Love that the bases tab has finally been removed
  • kvargakvarga Posts: 15
    edited March 2018
    I like the pathfinding in the Contest. Would like to see more complex single player maps.
    Some maps with thinking required.
    More interaction between your previous path or paths and your current.
    I imagine it the same way as the multiplayer maps. If you go through a path, it makes other paths easier.
    In these maps I imagine 20+ possible paths, each paths interacting with each other. And the map remembers where you went the previous time(s), changing the node difficulty based on that.
    So more careful planning would be required. It would be exciting to unfold these maps.
  • Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    Competition between fellow Ally's and the sheer fun of watching and handling one of our Favorite characters on screen :smiley:
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    The monthly renewal. Everybody in my friendhood asks how I don't get bored. It's because every month it gets new content.
  • kvargakvarga Posts: 15
    Another thing is the auto fight in solo questing.
    I like that it's playing without the need of attention. Therefore I can do other things and I don't have to watch the actual fight for grinding purposes. However the phone is still stressed with rendering the whole fight, draining the battery.
    My version of auto fight would be something like this:
    - Being able to define a path, where you want to travel.
    - Optional: Being able to define when you want to stop the fights and cancel your predefined path. Eg. when one of your champion's health drops below 30% at the end of a fight.
    - The game can run the fights in the background without draining your battery with loading screens, fight rendering and screen time. The fights still take time.
    - Being able to track the progress of your fights just like when you track the fights of your teammates in alliance wars and quests.
    - Being able to stop the auto fight whenever you want. (with or without consequences)
    - Of course some functions of the game can be disabled in auto fight mode. Like arena, or alliance fights. You are not able to do 2 fights in parallel even now.
  • AlturEgoAlturEgo Posts: 7
    It's a fun way to pass time. Since there are 30 members on a team. It would be nice to have the opportunity to add 30 friends as opposed to 25.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    in all honesty my teammates, I still play about 3 hours a day but it is my teammates that keep me here
  • Hunter2UHunter2U Posts: 13
    The Alliance, the rewards, sometimes a new Champion gets me exited. Most of all I love Champions with cool designs and abilities even when they are not God-Tier. I like collecting and growing a roster that I can be proud of myself.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I enjoy that this Game brings people from different culture/ background together , with that said im surprise Kabbam don't ask us what we don't like about this game, if im in the business of trying to make things better and players experience better i would like constructive feedback on whats not working and what areas we need to focus on going forward to make the experience better for new players as well as vets in the game.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I enjoy that this Game brings people from different culture/ background together , with that said im surprise Kabbam don't ask us what we don't like about this game, if im in the business of trying to make things better and players experience better i would like constructive feedback on whats not working and what areas we need to focus on going forward to make the experience better for new players as well as vets in the game.

@Stagedear85
    What players dont like about the game is what makes up 90%+ of the forums. Thats not difficult to decipher. What players like/what keeps them going is a different matter.
  • Atul_aryan wrote: »
    Well i would say the champs.
    Im a comic book fan and i wanna collect all my favourate characters. Specially the movie charachters.
    Sad to hear no captain america(infinity war)

Collecting your favorites to fill your roster is one of my favorites too! Still waiting on my X-23 to join my team! :)
  • Wolfe wrote: »
    Has to be the awesome people I met from my community that has led to real life friendships and gathering. That plus the online interaction with the YouTubers and their supporters are the sole reasons why I’ve been very active in the game.

I agree there are bugs and issues that need to be addressed and the game is long due for some addition of fresher and newer content to break the staleness of what we have currently but I’m aware and glad that the development team is actively developing new content for us. Looking forward to more exciting stuff within MCOC.

The community for MCOC is definitely one of my favorite parts of the game. A community is such a strong piece of a game and I'm so glad to be able to work with all of you. You've all created such a great one too! Sure, we have our ups and downs, but at the end of it: it's one of the best and we're honored to have you all playing our game.

As for bugs and issues, we always appreciate the patience everyone shows while we work to resolve them. We know some aren't done so in a timely manner y'all may like, but nonetheless, we appreciate the ability to better this game for each and every one of you.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

It's awesome to see so many people mention their alliances and friends they've made in game. As someone who's made some great friends over the years in online games, I totally agree. <3

On the gameplay side of things, one of my personal favorite aspects of MCOC is that with all the different event quests there's always something to work toward in game. Every day I can hop in and find something fun and challenging to do. :)

Thanks so much for all of your replies and for anyone who hasn't replied yet, we'd love to hear from you!
  • Something that I saw was really interesting was the updated Ultron fight-area with the smoke plume. The outline of your champ when you are in it is pretty cool. Props to the graphics team.

The little things always blow me away! The attention to detail like that is pretty cool. As someone who really enjoys visual effects and/or little nodes to certain characters, it's pretty cool.

Not directly a graphics thing, but still a cool little element: When The Hood goes invisible it doesn't have the same effect on Daredevil as it does other characters. :open_mouth: Always thought that was awesome.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Only thing that I love about the game right now, is my love for Marvel characters. Been a fan of Marvel since I was 3 years old, I'm 36 now. I'm a top player, with 7500 prestige. Been playing straight since original beta (November 2014). I left a top alliance about a month ago, to just do my own solo thing.

The fun aspect of being in an alliance was ruined for me. This game demands too much of your time. Constant logging in & out for AQ & AW. You have to grind your life away in the arena in order to snag the featured champ, or pay someone to merc for you in doing so; like MANY others are doing for arena, AQ, & AW.

The only aspect of the game that I still like, is the monthly quests. More now so than ever, because not being in an alliance, I get to play it at my own pace.

The game has become more "pay-to-play" than it has ever been before. I was going to drop a few hundred in trying to get a 5* Sabretooth & his dupe. Totally said forget that, & decided to never spend like that on this game ever again.

Game has more bugs with each & every update; but that is nothing new. It's been going on for years.

So, yeah... Only thing I love about the game right now is my long standing love for Marvel, & the monthly quests. If I didn't invest the amount of money I have invested into my account or the amount of time I have invested since November of 2014; I would have completely abandoned this game already.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    The best character & animation design among all marvel mobile games.
    Smoothest controls & least complexity.
  • Batman_26_2019Batman_26_2019 Posts: 70
    So, I've been playing this for about 2 and half years. I keep playing because I enjoy the quest content, the gameplay, and some of the new characters that are released. I find the fight system fun and interactive (when it doesn't lag/bug). I enjoy the stories in the event quests, and I take the time on my first run through of each one to read the dialogue and get enveloped in the story.
    There are probably many other things that I can't think of right now, but you guys (Kabam) have done something great and something right, and overall, fun.
    Thanks for a great game to play.

One thing I forgot: My alliance is the best that I could ask for. We work together as a family and help each other when we're down. I couldn't ask for a better MCOC family. If any of my peeps from Danger are seeing this, you are the best!
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Everything,yes,Everything!
  • RedDevilRedDevil Posts: 52
    I Love Aq,Aw,Events & More Arena in this game ... only thing bad and even worse is top guys reach higher and higher and others after so much hard work also fails to beat them in arenas and ranks .
    Graphics , Specials , New Champions Every Month are really happy moments .
    Thanks Kabam :)
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Marvel characters and my alliance mates are what I like about the game and keep me playing. Even though it is very badly balanced as far as rank up materials, rewards for alliance events, general progression, etc.... the base game is good.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    @Kabam Lyra

I'd like to see a slight increase in obtainable gold. Maybe an increase to BC rewards, or a new gold arena that runs with the cycle of t4b and t1a, or runs with crystal cornucopia.

What keeps me coming back? The exclusivity of high tier champs. I really enjoyed saving for my favorite champ in the featured hero crystal. The old featured hero crystal. It gave me something to look forward to. I could plan when to save my shards to make sure I had a chance at my favorite marvel characters. Now that's gone, and I have much less to look forward to on that front. I wish Kabam didn't change it.

I also keep coming back for the competitive aspect. AW seasons has hooked me for now, but we will if that changes after S1 is over.

Lastly, and mainly, I come back because I love Marvel.

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    Simple mechanics. Solid visual design. Loyal to Marvel. Virtual friends and real camaraderie.

Dr. Zola
  • Prespa78Prespa78 Posts: 6
    Friends and it helps me rest after a long day at work :-)
  • Loken4000Loken4000 Posts: 83
    The relationship it has with marvel characters. Stop churning out so many ill-balanced, money oriented champions and take your time. Make sure the game runs smoothly, updates don’t destroy the servers and bring in some well thought out, innovative characters. I like the direction the game has been going recently but since Christmas, it feels like every week a character has to be nerfed or buffed or serviced. Slow down, fix the bugs, and take the game to the level it deserves.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I like the monthly updates for the event quests, it's a great way to introduce the new champs we all love. What first got me into this game was naturally the marvel association, but I also find the game play and graphics to be outstanding.

There is always something to do, arena, story, event quests, proving grounds, etc. It's a great way to pass time when you have a few minutes to spare as well as a good way to get into a zone for a few hours.

One thing I wish would happen would be more updates to older champs that are favorites but just don't compare to the newer ones. There's a definite balance issue where some champs just aren't viable to use in harder content even though they are fun to play. Also, a bit more transparency and acknowledgement of certain issues needs to be established. We wait months for things to be brought to the team only to never heard from again, like defensive synergy.

The alliances are great, I've been in mine for 2.5 years and we've all grown together and close, even though we are from all corners of the world.