**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How about a star-specific Survival mode?

Ok, hear me out. I`m sure I`m not the only one with a lot of two-star maxed champions that are only useful for the arena, and the rewards are not that appealing anymore. So I`ve been thinking, what if there is a quest-like mode that restricts the champions you can use by stars? A set of fights that get progressively harder and you are challenged to push as far as you can. In other words, a survival mode. That way you can use your two-stars and three-stars to their full potential, and have a reason to max them out and try different combinations.

Of course a set of rules would be needed, and I thought it could be along the lines of:
- The survival consists of 100 fights, each one with a difficulty higher than the previous one
- No energy is required, instead there could be a key or something of the sort to allow access.
- There would be different courses for two-stars, three-stars, four-stars and five-stars cahmpions (i.e. you can only use two-star champions for the 2* course)
- You have a limited use of regeneration items (sort of how it works in alliance war)
- Champions with regeneration powers recover less health, in order to avoid unfair exploits
- In exchange, you can choose a pool of 10 champions (5 active and 5 as reserves) and trade places between them every 10 fights
- Rewards may be obtained every certain number of fights, and special rewards every time you clear a fight for the first time, that would encourage you to try over and over to go further.
- As a special rule I would include that enemies like iceman or magik appear unawakened, so you wouldn`t suffer unavoidable damage. The idea is that all the damage you receive is a result of your mistakes and to learn how to avoid it.

The big difference from other events is that this is not divided by "beginner", "intermediate", "heroic", "master" and "uncollected". Instead, by star requirement. For example, the first 15 fights in the 2* course could be the equivalent of "beginner", the next 20 like "intermediate" and so on; and the same would be the case of each course.
This mode would push the players to be better at the game by themselves and not just by leveling up. It could become a piece of content for endgame players as well, trying to get the 100th win in a row and getting awesome rewards in every course.

Any comment is appreciated and thanks for reading this wacky idea!

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    This sounds fun. I like it when we get good opportunities to use lower ranked champions.

Rewards obtained based on beating opponents,v presumably; since many wouldn't get to the end to cash in any chests.

Interesting, and deserves bumped to the top of the list.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Sounds like a good idea
  • BlaargoBlaargo Posts: 246
    Abrice wrote: »
    Ok, hear me out. I`m sure I`m not the only one with a lot of two-star maxed champions that are only useful for the arena, and the rewards are not that appealing anymore. So I`ve been thinking, what if there is a quest-like mode that restricts the champions you can use by stars? A set of fights that get progressively harder and you are challenged to push as far as you can. In other words, a survival mode. That way you can use your two-stars and three-stars to their full potential, and have a reason to max them out and try different combinations.

Of course a set of rules would be needed, and I thought it could be along the lines of:
    - The survival consists of 100 fights, each one with a difficulty higher than the previous one
    - No energy is required, instead there could be a key or something of the sort to allow access.
    - There would be different courses for two-stars, three-stars, four-stars and five-stars cahmpions (i.e. you can only use two-star champions for the 2* course)
    - You have a limited use of regeneration items (sort of how it works in alliance war)
    - Champions with regeneration powers recover less health, in order to avoid unfair exploits
    - In exchange, you can choose a pool of 10 champions (5 active and 5 as reserves) and trade places between them every 10 fights
    - Rewards may be obtained every certain number of fights, and special rewards every time you clear a fight for the first time, that would encourage you to try over and over to go further.
    - As a special rule I would include that enemies like iceman or magik appear unawakened, so you wouldn`t suffer unavoidable damage. The idea is that all the damage you receive is a result of your mistakes and to learn how to avoid it.

The big difference from other events is that this is not divided by "beginner", "intermediate", "heroic", "master" and "uncollected". Instead, by star requirement. For example, the first 15 fights in the 2* course could be the equivalent of "beginner", the next 20 like "intermediate" and so on; and the same would be the case of each course.
    This mode would push the players to be better at the game by themselves and not just by leveling up. It could become a piece of content for endgame players as well, trying to get the 100th win in a row and getting awesome rewards in every course.

Any comment is appreciated and thanks for reading this wacky idea!

Awesome idea.