**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champs that can beat wolvie rol?

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I'm going to disagree with those that say that Guillotine is the undisputed #1 champ for beating ROL Wolverine. While she does make it easy pretty easy to take him down and she can still probably do it the fastest, there is a fair amount of luck involved. Once she places the Phantasm with her L2, she still needs to trigger his Regen in a fairly short amount of time. I've had a few runs where I'd beat him down very aggressively only for the Phantasm to run out before any regens were triggered. At this point, you'll be out of souls and out of luck. There is some luck involved with using Guillotine.

I'd say for killing ROL reliably, Void is the #1 best option. Once he gets 2 petrify debuffs on Wolverine, the regen will stop completely. It'll reverse some of it if you have points in despair. Then once you get Fear of the Void AND the petrify debuffs, the health just falls off of him.

For a more extreme example, it is possible to solo the LOL X-23 with Void. You could possibly do it with Guillotine, but it would take a lot of luck and would likely result in at least a few revives.

The ability to solo wolv or x23 doesn’t make them the best option necessarily. You can solo wolv with every option available, but you have to weigh up ease of use, number of hits, how likely it is to work etc. There are a number of different things to take into account when deciding who’s the best.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Has anyone tried psylocke? Theoretically she could do it as well and wouldn't be that hard.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    The ability to solo wolv or x23 doesn’t make them the best option necessarily. You can solo wolv with every option available, but you have to weigh up ease of use, number of hits, how likely it is to work etc. There are a number of different things to take into account when deciding who’s the best.

I factored that in. In fact, I explained why these factors lead to my conclusion initially, but I'll put them in more detail here:

Ease of use: Guillotine must play aggressively to build to an L2 before she falls below 2 souls in order to place a Phantasm. If she's using Mystic Dispersion, there's a chance she'll overshoot and go to an L3, draining all your souls and leaving you without a way to win. And then even if you do place a Phantasm, there's no guarantee that he'll trigger a regen.

With Void, you can take your time. You can just fight him naturally while the debuffs pile on. Once Fear of the Void activates and you stack some petrify debuffs, Wolverine's regen will kill him quickly.

Let's pretend you knew nothing about Void's ability and someone threw you into the ROL Wolverine fight. You could kill him using normal fighting techniques no matter what you do. The only thing that would save Wolverine is if you stopped attacking completely.

Sub out Void for Guillotine in that same situation and it's highly unlikely you'd beat him in your first try.

Ease of use goes overwhelmingly to Void.

Number of hits: I think Void could still win this one as he could potentially build to Fear of the Void with 2 petrify debuffs without ever touching Wolverine. At which point, Void would need to start attacking to trigger some regen to kill Wolverine. Guillotine needs to attack very aggressively from the start of the fight and can't let up until Wolverine is dead. Void can win this one, but I don't think number of hits is necessarily a great measure in a fight like this. A better measure would be...

Duration of fight: As I said initially, I Guillotine wins this one hands down. She can put Wolverine down in about 30 seconds if everything works out properly. With Void, it would be closer to 60-90 seconds, depending on the order the debuffs generate.

How likely it is to work: Again, this goes to Void. While Guillotine requires some luck to beat Wolverine, Void doesn't. If you've got enough skill to stay alive for 2 minutes with RoL Wolverine, you can beat him with a duped Void. Assuming the skill level is the same when using both champs, Void will kill Wolverine every time where Guillotine will have a chance to fail.

Don't get me wrong, I think Guillotine is a great champ. She was my first 5/50 champ and she helped me get through a lot of content including Act 5 and ROL. But then Void entered the Contest and completely dominated the field of heal reversal. He is the best for this type of fight.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Has anyone tried psylocke? Theoretically she could do it as well and wouldn't be that hard.

I don't know 100% what Wolverine's regen looks like if he's at 0 power. Does he get some regen or does 0 power mean 0 regen? Honestly not sure.

If 0 power means 0 regen, then Psylocke could certainly beat Wolverine, though I would assume it'd be quite the long fight as power control is her specialty while attack power is a bit of an afterthought. She'd just keep building Psy-charges and release a heavy every once in a while.

But if he gains even a small amount of regen at 0 power, winning may not be possible.

Someone would have to try it.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

I don't know 100% what Wolverine's regen looks like if he's at 0 power. Does he get some regen or does 0 power mean 0 regen? Honestly not sure.

If 0 power means 0 regen, then Psylocke could certainly beat Wolverine, though I would assume it'd be quite the long fight as power control is her specialty while attack power is a bit of an afterthought. She'd just keep building Psy-charges and release a heavy every once in a while.

But if he gains even a small amount of regen at 0 power, winning may not be possible.

I've tested it by dueling x-23 with psylocke and it works. at 0 power, the regen will still proc but it doesn't give any health.

Just don't use your heavy attack... that will drop the power lock. Unless of course you stack up 100 of them or something. That will do massive damage.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Duped SW with Pacify also works. Can be fun to watch the RNG engines do battle. Can also be exhausting.

Dr. Zola
  • I think I remember I used Guilly and killed him in 20 seconds.
    Just don't use your heavy attack... that will drop the power lock. Unless of course you stack up 100 of them or something. That will do massive damage.

Good point. Best to do the math ahead of time and figure out what Wolvie's health percentage would need to be for 100 stacks to be a killing blow.

I've tested it by dueling x-23 with psylocke and it works. at 0 power, the regen will still proc but it doesn't give any health.

Nope psylocke won’t work. Just like with using magik there’s an issue that RoL wolverine’s regen works differently to normal wolv and x23. Wolverine in the game used to have a set regen that was normal ability and one that was signature ability. Then he got nerfed and his regen changed to being linked to amount of power, but RoL wolverine was NOT changed. He still has the old abilities meaning his regen is not linked to power. If he has 0 or 100 power the regen is the same. He has his normal regen (3k per tic) and his sig regen (9k per tic).

Magik or psylocke or power control champs do not work.
  • AlurvianAlurvian Posts: 32

Nope psylocke won’t work. Just like with using magik there’s an issue that RoL wolverine’s regen works differently to normal wolv and x23. Wolverine in the game used to have a set regen that was normal ability and one that was signature ability. Then he got nerfed and his regen changed to being linked to amount of power, but RoL wolverine was NOT changed. He still has the old abilities meaning his regen is not linked to power. If he has 0 or 100 power the regen is the same. He has his normal regen (3k per tic) and his sig regen (9k per tic).

True cause what we're talking about isn't about power lock. Its reversing the champ hp.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Punisher 2099, spam sp1
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Duped AA is a good option as well. Parry-heavy-repeat. First heavy will inflict 0-4 bleeds, each bleed then has a 25% chance to inflict poison when you block (parry) the next incoming hit, heavy again to convert said poison to neurotoxin. I've stacked as many as 8 neuros on an opponent and the health just melts off. Then when one expires, it will stun the AI, so you get another free heavy attack.

You can even generate up to 4 neurotoxins with each poison.

With one Neurotoxin, all regen is blocked. Multiple just destroys health.

All of that being said, I used Guilly to beat him. Still needed a couple revives because of a mis-timed hit and didn't get enough regens stacked, but it was still the easiest fight of the series.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Not possible now anymore, but I used a 3* BW max sig with PB-team against wolvie. Tried it with a 3* SL max sig, but screwed that up.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Do it the way all the cool kids did.

Duped electro and a credit card.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Alurvian wrote: »
    But does rogue works?

Rogue may be good to stay alive and shrug off Bleed, but she doesn't stop his Regen, just mimics it. Loki might.

Wrong. While rouge has wolverines regen wolverine cannot regen himself. It's been done with rouge. Read up
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Here's a list

Civil Warrior
    Star Lord
    Yondu
    Doc oc
    Loki
    Dr. Voodoo
    Guillotine
    Crossbones
    Rouge
    Arch Angel
    Magneto
    Void
    Proxima Midnight

Honorable Mention: Electro :)
  • ArgygufdetlopArgygufdetlop Posts: 62
    Add gladiator hulk to the list. Sa1 has 10 second healblock. 10seconds is enough to get another sa1 off.
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Here's a list

Civil Warrior
    Star Lord
    Yondu
    Doc oc
    Loki
    Dr. Voodoo
    Guillotine
    Crossbones
    Rouge
    Arch Angel
    Magneto
    Void
    Proxima Midnight

I don’t know who rouge is, but rogue can’t beat wolverine in RoL. And neither can magneto, magnetise isn’t strong enough and the L2 heal block isn’t long enough either. Crossbones can’t, I tried with him. He doesn’t trigger the 3k regen, but the 9k regen isn’t triggered from critical hits so he still triggers that. I don’t think Loki would be a good option at all, I assume you mean by spamming l1 after a curse. Perhaps with a 2x quake, Hawkeye and black widow team it could work. You’d have to get so lucky though with resetting the curse.
  • AlurvianAlurvian Posts: 32
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Here's a list

Civil Warrior
    Star Lord
    Yondu
    Doc oc
    Loki
    Dr. Voodoo
    Guillotine
    Crossbones
    Rouge
    Arch Angel
    Magneto
    Void
    Proxima Midnight

I don’t know who rouge is, but rogue can’t beat wolverine in RoL. And neither can magneto, magnetise isn’t strong enough and the L2 heal block isn’t long enough either. Crossbones can’t, I tried with him. He doesn’t trigger the 3k regen, but the 9k regen isn’t triggered from critical hits so he still triggers that. I don’t think Loki would be a good option at all, I assume you mean by spamming l1 after a curse. Perhaps with a 2x quake, Hawkeye and black widow team it could work. You’d have to get so lucky though with resetting the curse.

I just watched youtube i think they do. Rogue just has to play aggresively before the purple timer runs out. I'd rather take yondu for that.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom @BitterSteel Rogue can definitely do it, it just takes a lot of skill. As long as she holds an opponent's buffs, they cannot gain them. She can maintain those buffs infinitely so long as she keep hitting the opponent. Normally, this is difficult to do because certain special attack animations are too long, but in rol sp3 are not unlocked and his sp1 and 2 both are quick enough to dodge and then maintain rogue's timer. What happens if you stop playing aggressively, the timer runs out, and you lose the regen? Build to an sp3 without hitting wolvie, once she uses it she will have the regen buff and timer once more. Search youtube if you don't believe it is possible.

Another option for rol wolvie I haven't seen in this thread is doctor strange. It will take forever, but just wait until you have an sp3 which will fate seal, and while fate seal is active you can hit wolverine. rinse and repeat. Also did anyone mention quake?? I would have thought she is one of the best option, as long as you know how to use her
    Quake might actually work. It would be a long fight though not dealing with regen at all probably balances out against some of the other options where he might proc a few throughout the fight against some of the other options.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Quake might actually work. It would be a long fight though not dealing with regen at all probably balances out against some of the other options where he might proc a few throughout the fight against some of the other options.

2r6tflcsjfs2.png
    I did this today with quake against winter soldier as part of a 100 hit challenge, it didn’t take nearly as long as I expected but still not a short fight. I did 35 hits on winter soldier but you could Time it so you only hit wolv when you had concussion on him. An alright option as long as you’re a good ‘Quaker’
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★

2r6tflcsjfs2.png
    I did this today with quake against winter soldier as part of a 100 hit challenge, it didn’t take nearly as long as I expected but still not a short fight. I did 35 hits on winter soldier but you could Time it so you only hit wolv when you had concussion on him. An alright option as long as you’re a good ‘Quaker’

Or you could just not hit at all...quake style can be done with 0 hits
    taojay1 wrote: »

2r6tflcsjfs2.png

Or you could just not hit at all...quake style can be done with 0 hits
    Yeah it’s an option, I always prefer to use my special 1 every so often with the power I gain from parry. Just creates a bit of distance and a moment to breath.
    Nice. I might give it a go myself.

No block damage from SP2 if I play right which means a failed parry is the only thing that might get me.