Announcing: Chadwick and Tom’s Champion Challenge

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Member Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    This is a side thing to do to keep busy, it hardly counts towards 3 day completion.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Member Posts: 234 ★★
    I agree with others that these rewards are not for high caliber players. Only thing beneficial to me is the 20 5* signature stones. Everything else is... Meh... It is on the other hand something for me to do, as I have been alliance free for the past 2 months. I also like the idea that someone threw out there earlier; about an Uncollected level for future special quests as such. These rare events used to definitely be for the elite. Not the case anymore. A lot of the rank up material rewarded in these events now; many of us elite players receive in other factions of the game.

It is cool to have this to do, though. B)B)B)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    The game has definitely progressed to a point where more could have been done. I’m happy with a more challenging quest as long as rewards match the increase.

Which they don't, so it sucks. Epic. Fail.
    😂

4* awakening gem is useless for anyone cabable of exploring this quest.

Interesting. You're saying no player exists that has the skill to complete the highest difficulty of the event with a limited roster of 4* champions? That seems unlikely to me.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    The game has definitely progressed to a point where more could have been done. I’m happy with a more challenging quest as long as rewards match the increase.

Which they don't, so it sucks. Epic. Fail.
    😂

4* awakening gem is useless for anyone cabable of exploring this quest.

Interesting. You're saying no player exists that has the skill to complete the highest difficulty of the event with a limited roster of 4* champions? That seems unlikely to me.

Exactly, someone could use a team of Blade, Spark, Archangel, Ghost rider and iceman all unduped 4*. They’re all still awesome champs unduped and clearly capable. I’m sure this hypothetical player would absolutely love a 4* awakening gem for one of them.
  • WolfeWolfe Member Posts: 272 ★★
    So much complaints again. 2 hours to get 20 five star generic sig stones is totally worth it. My only complaint is that we can’t re-do the quest. Awesome quest and big thanks to Chadwick and Tom!
  • Balls2dawalls120Balls2dawalls120 Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody know the projected time for this challenge???
  • CanarioCanario Member Posts: 167
    This war machine on that prove yourself is the worst,he is super aggresive and juat stands there and when i go in to finish my combo that i have just built up he triggers his S1 in the blink of an eye and i lose my streak.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Member Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Fun challenge, the combo meter node something was a nice and refreshing addition to the already existing nodes ingame. Thanos however, I was excited to fight against him once more, but the powergain node made it way to easy to push him to his 1st or 2nd sp, which are so easy to evade. It actually made him the easiest opponent imo.
    Was hoping for a mutant awakening gem, alas I was blessed with a 3rd cosmic gem in a row 😂😆😁
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Member Posts: 234 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Fun challenge, the combo meter node something was a nice and refreshing addition to the already existing nodes ingame. Thanos however, I was excited to fight against him once more, but the powergain node made it way to easy to push him to his 1st or 2nd sp, which are so easy to evade. It actually made him the easiest opponent imo.
    Was hoping for a mutant awakening gem, alas I was blessed with a 3rd cosmic gem in a row 😂😆😁

I agree, man! He was the easiest on the entire map!

f6ve7tyaww6h.png

• CyporgCyporg Member Posts: 301 ★★
    Reading this thread feels like hearing a bunch of millionaires complain that there bonus checks weren't enough to cover the larger yacht they wanted. I'm thankful for these quests even though I don't have the roster to complete them. I can get through round 3 but round 4 is too much, good practice though. I'd kill for the extra 4* awakening gem and t4cc.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    Ill have a crack at 4 but it sounds hectic. I noticed cheeky AI behaviour in 3 so I expect 4 to be worse.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I'm tolerant about a great many things, but I'm not holding my tongue on this one. I'm not completing Chapter 4 of this Challenge, I don't care about the Rewards. I just spent 800 Units getting to Thanos on the first Path. 600 of that on a Groot with an R5 Voodoo. Why? I'll tell you. You have Nodes that depend on maintaining a Combo, a lag in controls, and AI that operates at a speed it shouldn't operate. When you're fighting Champs that can snap into an Evade immediately and whiff you before you even get to them, that's not fair fighting at all. Speed variants need to be resolved because this is dirty fighting, plain and simple. The next time you consider releasing a Challenge, please be cognizant of the fact that the mechanics are not in sync. There is absolutely no reason why the difficulty should come from AI that operates at its own speed, faster than we can physically respond. I don't care what is causing it. It's not a fair game at all.
    To anyone who wants to comment about being a noob, or that not all content is for everyone, save it because I'm over it. I don't care what you think of my skill, and I am happy if you never had any issues. I'm not investing any more Units into a Challenge with AI that picks and chooses when to whiff and how fast to go. It's just plain wrong. Even I have my limit.

When you get angry,Imagine the others...
  • YreiterYreiter Member Posts: 1
    Guys, where is the combo meter?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    I'm not saying anyone else's experience will be the same as mine, and I'm not saying anything was intentionally rigged or any other conspiracy like that. I'm just giving feedback. It's anything but an enjoyable experience for me. I didn't even get to take Thanos down because I spent my Units on the first Path. I'm just going to replenish what I used and walk away. I'm done.
    I'm tolerant about a great many things, but I'm not holding my tongue on this one. I'm not completing Chapter 4 of this Challenge, I don't care about the Rewards. I just spent 800 Units getting to Thanos on the first Path. 600 of that on a Groot with an R5 Voodoo. Why? I'll tell you. You have Nodes that depend on maintaining a Combo, a lag in controls, and AI that operates at a speed it shouldn't operate. When you're fighting Champs that can snap into an Evade immediately and whiff you before you even get to them, that's not fair fighting at all. Speed variants need to be resolved because this is dirty fighting, plain and simple. The next time you consider releasing a Challenge, please be cognizant of the fact that the mechanics are not in sync. There is absolutely no reason why the difficulty should come from AI that operates at its own speed, faster than we can physically respond. I don't care what is causing it. It's not a fair game at all.
    To anyone who wants to comment about being a noob, or that not all content is for everyone, save it because I'm over it. I don't care what you think of my skill, and I am happy if you never had any issues. I'm not investing any more Units into a Challenge with AI that picks and chooses when to whiff and how fast to go. It's just plain wrong. Even I have my limit.

When you get angry,Imagine the others...

LOL. I get frustrated too. I'm just really reserved when it comes to Posting about it. I try to let the emotion settle before I put pen to paper. It doesn't help just to go off or try and rant about the company. I know there's usually a problem behind these things. Every once in a while I have to say something because I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't.
  • AVINSHERAVINSHER Member Posts: 4
    Can anybody pls tell me what is that buff of prove yourself ..where the enemies are industrible until combos are below 15. I couldn't get that point.pls can any body help
    edited April 2018
    Ignore this
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    Why do you guys refuse to update these rewards? Only thing relevant is the 20 5* sig stones. These challenges used to be for the elite not for mediocre players! Nothing against them but these challenges used to be where summoners could get the rarest rank up materials, we don’t care about 4* items any more, everyone has moved on from 4*’s but Kabam. It’s so frustrating it’s the same out dated rewards month in & month out. Where are the t2a’s? 6*’s are out now & you refuse to give us rank up items to even r4 our 5*’s! It’s ridiculous! Stupid that we have to form them from the little to no frags from map 6

90% of the MCOC community (including me) still use 4*s dude. Cool, you have a great collection of 5*s, most of us don't.

Besides,The "challenge" is for people like @IronFist34 and I
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    I have enough units and items to 100% this but I won't use them on principle.
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    If you can’t beat Groot with voodoo then I don’t even...

Stack poisons on the way to 15 hits, then watch him die. It’s the easiest fight there.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This challenge is not for everyone. If you can't do it you don't deserve the rewards. Complain on the internet less and practice more.
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Just do one pass at a time. It’s low energy cost, and good practice.. plus Thanos is the eqsiest fight. You may lose a champ to a bug, but you can finish up and go right back in. If you halfway down a path and lose a couple of champs, quit and go back. Not brain science.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Honestly I don't get all the faulty controls complaints. I don't have lag issues, but that's different. Probably need to update your device if lag is killing you, or get better internet. But I think the controls kind of are what they are at this point. This challenge can be completed with no items or units.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Difficulty shouldn't be based on what type of phone you have.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Difficulty shouldn't be based on what type of phone you have.

I agree but older devices will have lag. Not sure there is anything they can do about that.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Member Posts: 649 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Oh gosh i hated the Counter Tactics one. I wanted to parry one time and received 3k parry damage. lol. Sometimes I swipe back to evade and my character just blocked and received ton of blocking damage.

Still not too hard except for the Groot in the last path from Round 4.
    Thank you for the "constructive" feedback, but I said what I had to say. I don't care if people want to take jabs. I'm over it. If you had the same experience I did playing you would be on here in a heartbeat.