Predictability

As I have squandered months and years to this game I have increasingly become bored with the so-called random crystal drops. Receiving the same 2* character​s after battling boss after boss, clearing countless boards to earn crystal shards. I have sold everything to try to earn a hero worthy of my time and effort. Unfortunately it has never happened. I would spend money to buy units to buy more crystal drops but it seems like that has been a perpetual cycle of disappointment as well. Has anyone else experienced the consistent disillusionment? I have threatened to quit but I realize kablaam doesn't really appreciate my efforts any more than I don't appreciate their false promises of better chances.

Comments

  • eXtripa69eXtripa69 Posts: 1,972
    Don't spent units on crystals.
    Do not sell champions.

    Follow these rules and you will be more successful
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 521
    edited June 20
    Of course, when a task, especially a repetitive time/money consumer and struggled one, have no rewards it's a huge disappointment and frustrating.
    I have had that feel too, very normal.

    I'm watching myself quitting the game at anytime.

    Maybe it's why the MilkingtheWhales theory could be true. The 1% ones on the top are giving a lot in the game, but they're the ones actually getting the good rewards in the game, they're happy customers because they're reaping fruits.
    The rest have no rewards according their investment then they're disappointed. The worst happens when you realize that will not change because the MCoC system is a Ponzi like system, you'll be in the Top 1% only if more people arrive and "the pool" stay growing but every Ponzi system isn't forever because the base will be not exponentially growing forever and this's already depleting.
    The MtW theory would be true if Kabam know it then they'll no waste time aiming the base but only the whales.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 1,048
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Maybe it's why the MilkingtheWhales theory could be true. The 1% ones on the top are giving a lot in the game, but they're the ones actually getting the good rewards in the game, they're happy customers because they're reaping fruits.

    I don't think you understand the Milking the Whales observation. The observation is that there are a lot of very poor value deals that only extremely rich people or people willing to spend tons of money on the game would ever buy, because few other people would see enough value in them to purchase them. In other words, it isn't that the people who spend money are getting the very best rewards, it is that they are buying offers that most players would judge to be *poor* rewards, but don't care because they spend so much anyway.

    Also, your theory is the exact opposite of a Ponzi scheme. If Kabam is making most of its money off of the highest spending top players, those players' rankings are not dependent on more players being added to the game nor is the bulk of Kabam's revenue similarly dependent. In a Ponzi scheme, the new people entering the scheme pay most of the money into the venture to support the few people at the top taking money out. Most F2P games function in an analogously opposite way: relying on a minority of players willing to spend a lot of money to stay ahead of newer players who would otherwise have an easier time catching them than they did reaching their progression originally.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 521
    edited June 20
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't think you understand the Milking the Whales observation.
    That's possible because English is not my native language, so I could be missing things in the video.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    The observation is that there are a lot of very poor value deals that only extremely rich people or people willing to spend tons of money on the game would ever buy, because few other people would see enough value in them to purchase them.
    That's exactly what I said. But you're inverting the words, and the cause consequences.

    The 1% ones on the top are the ones actually getting the good rewards (I'm not talking about deals) in the game, they're happy customers because they're reaping fruits.
    Because they're pleased customers they're more willing to spend (now I do talking about deals), the game works it for them. But the rest is just the opposed.
    Then, if Kabam know it they just aim the 1% they know will be pleased to spend. But they would no worry about the rest because almost no deal will pleased them and they know it will not change because the current rewards system made it.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    it is that they are buying offers that most players would judge to be *poor* rewards, but don't care because they spend so much anyway.
    I know. My point is the why they're doing it, thinking different to the rest, don't caring spending.
    My point is, it's not just because "they're insane and don't care because spend much is their Dubai lifestyle" but they spend because the system worked and works for them.
    Pleased customer is a customer spending.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    In other words, it isn't that the people who spend money are getting the very best rewards,
    I didn't say that and I do Not think it.

    I say people in the 1%, the ones getting the best (and actually the good) rewards, are pleased and they're the willing ones to spend no matter as expensive were the deals.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Also, your theory is the exact opposite of a Ponzi scheme.
    Sorry again you're twisting everything.

    My Ponzi analogy is not about how Kabam make money, is about the ingame reward.
    It's a fact. The reward system is dependent of the userbase size. If you want more and better rewards you need more people joining the Pyramid. More people "getting in the pool".
    If tomorrow 100 millions new users join the game almost everyone will be in the 1%. Their rosters, skills and playtime are the same, but they'll be getting now the good rewards.
    That happened while the game was growing but base is finite and cannot grow up exponentially forever.
    And you cannot climb the pyramid, you getting poor rewards and the ones over you better rewards just increase the gap.
    Then the 1% is already wrote in stone and the rest is damned to be disappointed struggling hard just to get poor rewards and looking expensive deals.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 1,048
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    My Ponzi analogy is not about how Kabam make money, is about the ingame reward.
    It's a fact. The reward system is dependent of the userbase size. If you want more and better rewards you need more people joining the Pyramid. More people "getting in the pool".
    If tomorrow 100 millions new users join the game almost everyone will be in the 1%. Their rosters, skills and playtime are the same, but they'll be getting now the good rewards.
    That happened while the game was growing but base is finite and cannot grow up exponentially forever.
    And you cannot climb the pyramid, you getting poor rewards and the ones over you better rewards just increase the gap.
    Then the 1% is already wrote in stone and the rest is damned to be disappointed struggling hard just to get poor rewards and looking expensive deals.

    I don't think you understand the "getting in the pool" idea either. There are some rewards that depend on the number of people who participate, but those rewards are not the "top 1%"-ish rewards. For example, the featured crystal rewards go only to the top 800 finishers. The "get in the pool" idea benefits mostly the people around the top 10% of arena grinders. The specific people who are benefiting are by in large not the big spending whales in the game.

    Just to make sure there is no confusion, in a Ponzi scheme there is a need for an ever growing pool of people to enter the group. In MCOC that's not true. The top players only need the game to exist, preferably with enough people to sustain it. They do not need an increasing number of people. Moreover, their rewards are not dependent on the game growing. They only need the game to not shrink out of existence.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 521
    edited June 20
    Read my comment again.
    Sometimes people urged to contradict don't read enough.

    Btw, I don't know what MCoC are you playing, but top players and everyone NEED more people playing the game.
    If there's no 90% pool, there's no 10% rewarded.
    Of course, top players already rewarded don't need a increased number of people, because they're already in the top with the current people.
    But they DO need this people keep playing. If this people quit the game, then the pool will be just them and most will be not happy getting poor rewards.

    Yep, some rewards are an immovable number. But it's no every events and that number is the 0,01%. So the argument don't change.
Sign In or Register to comment.