**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Burnout at all time high.

RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
I know there are tons of threads out there about Dungeons, arena and lack of gold etc. But i have got to let Kabam know that when people were saying they were burned out after season 1 of AW, that is NOTHING compared to the feeling across the MCOC community now. Today alone, scratch that. This morning, halfway through day 5 of AQ I had 3 550+k members announce their retirement this morning because they just cant keep up with the demand of the game anymore.

Think about this for a second. Depending on your AW path you may be required to move several times a day, in a timely fashion. In AQ, you are required to move at least 3 times a day, in a timely fashion. Want to continue running map 5? Make sure you get in that 100k+ gold that you dont have, and those 30k battle chips you have to hit arena to get. Which can be time consuming...

Then there is the insane event quest this month that is up over 1000 more energy that the previous months. Oh dont forget you have to explore each difficulty to run those great rifts. Which also require energy lol.

Dont forget to go ahead and get those great rewards from the Chadwick and Tom challenge too. Very juicy 4* rewards there. (sarcasm) That also requires energy.

Oh i cant forget about the trials of death, gotta do those too. & This is not to mention the daily quests you may need to run to get some of those cats you need for those champs you cant even rank up because you dont have gold.

Oh and also keep chugging away at story mode too!...

All of that is absolutely insane. If Kabam wants to turn this game into a full time job, a lot of people arent going to be able to keep up.
Obviously i am aware that you dont have to do all of these events, but unfortunately if you dont you stand greater risk to be left behind in MCOC, thus furthering the gap that already exists. Kabam is making it very hard to enjoy this game, instead it is turning into a chore and the ONLY thing keeping a lot of us playing is our buddies in our alliances. Not sure how much longer the guys in my line app can hold on..

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    Obviously i am aware that you dont have to do all of these events, but unfortunately if you dont you stand greater risk to be left behind in MCOC, thus furthering the gap that already exists.

This is my biggest issue as well. The only way to remain relevant is to sink a ton of time into the game. People obviously play the game for different reasons, but if you are someone that likes the competitive aspect of the game, then the amount of time required is increasing every single month. Kabam is free to take the game in that direction, but it will also lose (maybe a big chunk?) of its player base in doing so.

• People will complain if there's nothing to do. People will complain if there are things to do.

Imo, you can't keep a push going for too long. It's just not healthy lol. It makes you hate the game... The thing that's supposed to be fun. Throw in the stresses of needing to perform at a certain level at all times and burnout happens to everyone.

If it helps, I've found that going to a retirement or semi-retirement alliance really relieves the stresses and let's you enjoy things more. It doesn't need to be permanent. But a break from the grind can work wonders. Do map 3 and get some alphas. Look at war as simple farming instead of pushing for tier and counting deaths. Put your efforts into the new content (which is pretty fun so far) and relax about the rest. If you hit perfect series milestones, great. If not, whatever. I did all this for a while and it really helped me overcome the burnout, the hatred, the stress. And now, there are plenty of high prestige/great and active player retirement homes.

If you want to be the top guy, or even near the top... You have to grind. Constantly. Which, to hell with that. I'd say the person with the wrong mindset is the one trying to be on top. I'd rather have a life. Digital rewards aren't paying for my car or making me successful. And if no one ever mentioned it, that gap between the top and everyone else isn't going to close. It's a done deal, especially after season 1 rewards. But srsly, who cares?

After my break, I'm back in a great alliance that's pushing for tier. They're all really good folks and have a common goal with war. And I'm cool with that now. I wouldn't have been a few months ago. It was all too tiresome at that point. But, little breather... And I'm ready to test my skills again. I'll maintain as long as it fits for me. No plans on any changes any time soon, but I'm a realist and so that may change. Either way, the challenge is fun again. Take a breath dude. Stop chasing rewards for a while and enjoy it. Cycle back in to the heavy stuff when you're ready. It's extremely refreshing to do so.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom Please read the entire thread prior to commenting.

"Obviously i am aware that you dont have to do all of these events, but unfortunately if you dont you stand greater risk to be left behind in MCOC, thus furthering the gap that already exists."

Completely aware that you don't have to do all the content.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I know there are tons of threads out there about Dungeons, arena and lack of gold etc. But i have got to let Kabam know that when people were saying they were burned out after season 1 of AW, that is NOTHING compared to the feeling across the MCOC community now. Today alone, scratch that. This morning, halfway through day 5 of AQ I had 3 550+k members announce their retirement this morning because they just cant keep up with the demand of the game anymore.

Think about this for a second. Depending on your AW path you may be required to move several times a day, in a timely fashion. In AQ, you are required to move at least 3 times a day, in a timely fashion. Want to continue running map 5? Make sure you get in that 100k+ gold that you dont have, and those 30k battle chips you have to hit arena to get. Which can be time consuming...

Then there is the insane event quest this month that is up over 1000 more energy that the previous months. Oh dont forget you have to explore each difficulty to run those great rifts. Which also require energy lol.

Dont forget to go ahead and get those great rewards from the Chadwick and Tom challenge too. Very juicy 4* rewards there. (sarcasm) That also requires energy.

Oh i cant forget about the trials of death, gotta do those too. & This is not to mention the daily quests you may need to run to get some of those cats you need for those champs you cant even rank up because you dont have gold.

Oh and also keep chugging away at story mode too!...

All of that is absolutely insane. If Kabam wants to turn this game into a full time job, a lot of people arent going to be able to keep up.
    Obviously i am aware that you dont have to do all of these events, but unfortunately if you dont you stand greater risk to be left behind in MCOC, thus furthering the gap that already exists. Kabam is making it very hard to enjoy this game, instead it is turning into a chore and the ONLY thing keeping a lot of us playing is our buddies in our alliances. Not sure how much longer the guys in my line app can hold on..

Great post by the way. Exact feeling of all of us in my alliance. But you added only 50% things that are running. The other 50% time grabbing thing is DUNGEON. To get to 7.5k mark you need to do dungeon 4, 16 rooms (if you want to do in 1 run that is) or dungeon 5, 9 rooms or dungeon 6, 5 rooms. Not many can run dungeon 6. So it is either dungeon 4 or 5 or even 3. If you want to do in one sitting then it's like 1 and half hour of 100% attention on the game. Initial rooms you can get past easily but then even for communication the time falls short. And if you decide to do in multiple runs then it's about 45 minutes to 1 hour, 3 to 4 times in a day depending on which level you run. We are running map 2 aq for the 1st time in last so many months just because guys are only doing dungeon and not moving or paying attention to aq (also thanks to sentinel or the sentineloids). Oh wait a moment, the great war season 2 is about to land. I feel even 24 hours are less for this game to be honest. I know many of you will come and post, oh it's not mandatory don't play don't do. Come on that is not constructive. PLEASE see the state of the game that you have brought it into kabam. A honest request.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Kabam has said they want to create a game that gives players something to do 24 hrs. You are the person who puts the stress on yourself and burns yourself out. I have had to cut back on arena to do dungeons so I know I can't get as many units as I would like but t's a trade off bc of time. You should just do as much as makes you happy and not worry about collecting every single reward. Some people are beasts and can collect all ten rewards but that take a great deal of dedication so be proud of your own accomplishments and let the rest go
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    For me, it's not the amount of content available...it's the amount of content that has to be done around other people's schedules.

I'm fine with a lot of things to do in the game, if you're able to do them at your own pace. Sometimes I get home from work early with no plans and can sit on the game for like 5 hours knocking out a lot of stuff. Sometimes I have a busy workday and plans afterward and don't feel like logging into the game every couple of hours to knock out paths in aq and war.

I've posted on this before, but I do wish this game had a more viable route to progression through just solo content. The game/gameplay itself is great. Having to log in every few hours to accommodate 9 other, or 29 other schedules is a chore. I already have a place I have to be regularly every day, it's called work.

I'm fine with all of the content in game now, if it were only able to be done alone. When I have time and feel like playing, I can knock out a bunch. When I don't, I don't have to log in at all, or very minimally. But having to log in every few hours for aq, war, dungeons every single day....and add in communicating on line to see when others can log in/when you'll be logging in...it's just exhausting.

Tying the game so much to other people's time/schedules is my biggest problem with MCOC. I've left my alliance to join a solo focused alliance because of it, and it's great. It's just too bad there's not a more robust solo aspect to the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    For that matter, there's not much logic behind an "End-Game" argument in terms of being left behind because of a couple extra 5*s and a Gem.
    For that matter, there's not much logic behind an "End-Game" argument in terms of being left behind because of a couple extra 5*s and a Gem.

Based on the assumption that dungeons is to only aspect of the game being discussed in this thread.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom But that matters bro. And because you arent an end game player you dont see it. Duh lol.
    Falling behind on collecting those 5* characters makes a huge difference in top 200. Not for only Offense but defense as well. Also take prestige into consideration. Without those dupes or sig stones you'll fall behind. Theres a lot that doesnt matter to you because of where you are in the game. On top of that, there is a lot of people with multiple 4/55 who cant do LoL cause they dont have the right champ.
    So if you dont know what you're talking about please save it.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

There’s much more that separates end-game players from still-progressing players than “a couple 5*s and a Gem”. But people don’t know what they don’t know so can’t blame them.

To OP: I think the biggest reason for feeling burned out is gold. Whenever I felt burned out from this game, I cut out all arena and just do the minimum in AQ/AW. Those game modes (AQ/AW) really don’t take much time to complete if that’s the only thing you’re doing and you can go out and catch up on life. But with the current structure, you’ll run out of gold quick with donations/leveling-up characters from expiring catalysts.

Also time management within the game helps. I always use 20+ refills to complete heroic/master/uncollected in sittings where I have time to play, because I value my time more than ~500 units in-game. Dungeons were a chore at first but when you can get all milestones in 1-2 runs it doesn’t feel nearly as bad.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    People are the ones that place the pressure on themselves. You won't convince me that End-Game is a reasonable argument for being left behind when End-Game Players have no shortage of access to 5*s. Most have a number Duped. There may be more validity to the argument of having one specific Champ you need Awakened from the Gem, specific to End-Game. In either case, we pick and choose what we focus our energy on. After all, we're talking about the game being too overwhelming. Too much going on. Ergo, the Dungeons, Trials, and everything else listed. It's really quite simple. If you feel overwhelmed, do less. It's not the fault of the game that people hold themslves to standards they can't keep up with.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Honestly I don't understand some of these complaints....
    Most of this stuff is the same as many other online games, those that have the time and/or desire to grind away on a daily basis will benefit more than those that don't. In terms of "the gap widening"....ignore the gap and play at you level. (By "play at your level" I am not referring to ability or roster strength..but the amount of free time you have to play the game)

Because of my job getting really crazy, I had to move from a map 5 ally to a relaxed one. Hell, I have had days where I have barely had the time to run dungeons and have already missed many milestones. None of this makes me angry or sours me on the game...I just prioritize what I can do with the time I have based on the available rewards. The fact that those that have the time to basically play almost 24/7 get more stuff doesn't bother me. It SHOULD be that way. Kabam adding more modes or events just means I have more variety when I do have time.
  • 2 things:

1- Op's post is good and a serious issue many people have. We shouldn't let it get buried/closed bc of bickering

2- just wanted to clarify that my response was trying to explain the glorious freedom and good feels that arise once you say eff it lol. I'm no top fiver, but I'm no slouch. Little breaks really helped me not give up altogether and really haven't set me back far. I understand that can be a VERY different situation depending on where you are in game.

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I fell like i learn a little more of my lesson every month.
    For instance, I won't do rifts again like that. Not that much effort for just an "attempt" at something good.
    Lesson learned.
    I'm only going for the guaranteed benefits. The gambling gets me less and less every time. I'm almost clean of it I think.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    Once you decide you can let yourself off from trying to do everything, you notice something unusual: you miss it all less and less.

Play what you want to play, when you want to play it.

Dr. Zola
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Raganator wrote: »
    Obviously i am aware that you dont have to do all of these events, but unfortunately if you dont you stand greater risk to be left behind in MCOC, thus furthering the gap that already exists.

This is my biggest issue as well. The only way to remain relevant is to sink a ton of time into the game. People obviously play the game for different reasons, but if you are someone that likes the competitive aspect of the game, then the amount of time required is increasing every single month. Kabam is free to take the game in that direction, but it will also lose (maybe a big chunk?) of its player base in doing so.

I totally get that people want to compete, but at the same time, if you want to compete at a certain level, you need to invest the time and/or money it takes to compete at that level. If the people at that level are out working you, you can work harder or find a level that you're more comfortable with.

While I'm sure losing players towards the top of the food chain is a concern for Kabam, people need to gain some perspective on that. AW Tiers 1-7 only contain the top 9% of Alliances. Half of the Alliances in the game are in Tier 18 or below. Realistically, the people playing the game hyper competitively at or near the top are the vast minority of the player base.

Cujo999 wrote: »
    Raganator wrote: »

I totally get that people want to compete, but at the same time, if you want to compete at a certain level, you need to invest the time and/or money it takes to compete at that level. If the people at that level are out working you, you can work harder or find a level that you're more comfortable with.

While I'm sure losing players towards the top of the food chain is a concern for Kabam, people need to gain some perspective on that. AW Tiers 1-7 only contain the top 9% of Alliances. Half of the Alliances in the game are in Tier 18 or below. Realistically, the people playing the game hyper competitively at or near the top are the vast minority of the player base.

Completely agree with everything you said. I recognize that each player (including myself) represents a small subset of players. What I (and others) have noticed is that competing at a certain high level is becoming a moving target (i.e., seemingly requiring more effort with each passing month). The fact of the matter is - if Kabam puts out new content, there are people out there that will finish (or pay to have someone finish) every piece of content. As I have mentioned in other posts, I am generally fine with that - I will slowly fade back, scale back my gameplay, and eventually put the game down. There will always be people with more time than me to replace me in the game's hierarchy. At the end of the day, its just a video game - one that I enjoy playing at a certain level and will miss, but there will always be something to replace it.
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    I've tried playing at the top in other games, so I understand the stress the OP is feeling. Personally, I've always played this game casually and have stayed out of the competitive alliances.
    For me, the biggest frustration is just the hampered growth from lack of gold and lack of t4 cats. I have a pretty sweet roster of 4*s that can't get past R4 for quite a while just due to how long it takes to get enough T4s and gold to raise them up. I do enough arena to get in the pool, but don't really have time to seriously sit down and spend hours grinding.
    On the positive side, they have made it easier to get 4* and 5* crystals. So while the overall power of my champions ends up stagnating for months while I build up resources to rank them up, I still get that feeling of growth from expanding my roster.
    I honestly believe one thing that would really help players at all levels (who are limited on time) would be putting autoplay option in the arena. That way, you can get the easy arena grinding done while occupied with other non game things. Considering how competative arena is at the top, I don't think autoplay would allow anyone to seize top ranks without spending a lot of money, but it would help relieve stress for those who need the gold but are limited on time.
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Kabam has said they want to create a game that gives players something to do 24 hrs. You are the person who puts the stress on yourself and burns yourself out. I have had to cut back on arena to do dungeons so I know I can't get as many units as I would like but t's a trade off bc of time. You should just do as much as makes you happy and not worry about collecting every single reward. Some people are beasts and can collect all ten rewards but that take a great deal of dedication so be proud of your own accomplishments and let the rest go

100% agree with you