**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to get more 5* and 4* Shards?

I just got my first 5*, a terrible Hawkeye. I'm really pissed, it took so long to get just one.
I'm am a 87,000 in Hero Ranking.
Top Champions:
1) Ultron: Duped: 3425
2) Magik: Non duped: 2902
3) Red Hulk: Duped: 2704
4) Groot: Duped: 2613
5) X-Force Deadpool: Non duped: 2277
6) Electro: Non duped: 2249
7) Iron Man: Non duped : 2219
(1-7 are 4*)
8) 5* Hawkeye: Non duped: 2214
9) 3* Quake: Duped: 2022
10) 3* Civil Warrior: Duped : 2004

I need have a solid 27 Other champs above 1000
I need more ways to get to 4/5* shards. How can I? I try alliances, it's impossible to find one a good one bc I refuse to download Line (After being cussed the first time I did)
I can't level up my champs because I don't have 4 Catalysts for the types. Help? I really want more 4 and 5 stars. I'm not going to sell all my unnecessary champs because I don't really see the point in it.

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You started off badly by saying Hawkeye is terrible. He is no way a terrible champ; his power drain which was buffed recently can get you out of tight jams. Add his bleed effect and you have a solid 5* champ that doesn't need to be duped to be effective.

Just for actually thinking that way about Hawkeye, I'll only suggest you grind for ranked rewards in both 4* arenas. Great source of 4* & 5* shards once you can reach the higher ranks. There are other ways to get the shards, but I'll leave that job to others willing to explain.
  • LunarLunar Posts: 27
    Thanks.
    I try to do arenas, I just don't have the patience to just sit there and tap for hours on end doing it. I usually stop around 1 million points.

I can upgrade the Hawkeye, do you recommend to do so?
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Joining a good alliance that can hit SA scores weekly will help a lot with getting shards. Plus any shards that you get from alliance wars and such. I would absolutely upgrade that hawkeye though, since the 12.0 update he's a very useful champ to have especially since the only other power control champ you mentioned is unduped magik. She's still great but hawkeye drains a good amount of power on sp1 and does have a pretty strong bleed. I think you'll start to like him once you've used him a bit more.
    Thank you! I'll upgrade him now.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    edited June 2017
    If you refuse to join a communication app then I am sorry to say you won't be able to join a good alliance. Communication is one of the most important things when participating in alliance events. If they don't have a reliable way to communicate with you, then you become a liability. No one wants that in their alliance.

Bite the bullet and get the app, join a decent ally, strengthen your roster and as you grow you can either join stronger alliances or grow with your current alliance.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Hawkeye is underrated, his bleed and powerdrain is awesome, not like my first 5* who is Iron Patriot :'(
    Iron Patriot isn't too shabby, it's 2nd attack is pretty decent. Not as good as Iron Man/Superior/Ultron, but it would be worse.
    I really wanted Moon Knight, Blackbolt, some Spiderman, Ultron, or Wolverine (Some of my personal favorites) but alas, after like 7 months, freaking Hawkeye...
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    what's wrong with hawkeye? a good bleed/powerdrain sp1 and he actually hits pretty hard for an archer.
    Lunar wrote: »
    Iron Patriot isn't too shabby, it's 2nd attack is pretty decent. Not as good as Iron Man/Superior/Ultron, but it would be worse.
    I really wanted Moon Knight, Blackbolt, some Spiderman, Ultron, or Wolverine (Some of my personal favorites) but alas, after like 7 months, freaking Hawkeye...

I'm just afraid someday I might dupe him (especially from my 2nd 5* crystal cuz Kabam loves to troll)
    Nice wishlist, I was wishing for Yellowjacket, Elektra, Cyclops, Storm, Ultron nd Rocket Raccoon and then freaking Iron Patriot popped up when the crystal stoppped, although he hadn't appeared when it's spinning, I got trolled by Kabam
    Elektra is so good, Storm is amazing, Ultron is fantastic. I think Rocket Raccoon is underrated, sure it doesn't have fantastic abilities but he's decent.
    I'd honestly have cried if I got something super terrible.
    What's your opinion on Groot? I was forced to use him since I got him duped and once ferocity hits he's pretty decent. Great defense, overrall decent champion
    Groot: great champ for AW defense, debuff reduction or something. Causes a lot of buffs and unblockable sp2 regen

But just don't use Groot for offense, his damage isn't really great
    Oh god his damage is terrible. I hated him when I got him as a 4*, now he's tolerable. I'm hoping for Nightcrawler, he's a pain to play against because of that freaking evade, imagine that as a rank 4 duped?
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    i hear non-duped NC is better
    Really?
    I was trying to get Hyperion, but I got distracted and I'm only at 675,000, no way I'll get him :X
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I cannot believe this post.