**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to get more 5* and 4* Shards?

I just got my first 5*, a terrible Hawkeye. I'm really pissed, it took so long to get just one.
I'm am a 87,000 in Hero Ranking.
Top Champions:
1) Ultron: Duped: 3425
2) Magik: Non duped: 2902
3) Red Hulk: Duped: 2704
4) Groot: Duped: 2613
5) X-Force Deadpool: Non duped: 2277
6) Electro: Non duped: 2249
7) Iron Man: Non duped : 2219
(1-7 are 4*)
8) 5* Hawkeye: Non duped: 2214
9) 3* Quake: Duped: 2022
10) 3* Civil Warrior: Duped : 2004

I need have a solid 27 Other champs above 1000
I need more ways to get to 4/5* shards. How can I? I try alliances, it's impossible to find one a good one bc I refuse to download Line (After being cussed the first time I did)
I can't level up my champs because I don't have 4 Catalysts for the types. Help? I really want more 4 and 5 stars. I'm not going to sell all my unnecessary champs because I don't really see the point in it.

Comments

• Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You started off badly by saying Hawkeye is terrible. He is no way a terrible champ; his power drain which was buffed recently can get you out of tight jams. Add his bleed effect and you have a solid 5* champ that doesn't need to be duped to be effective.

Just for actually thinking that way about Hawkeye, I'll only suggest you grind for ranked rewards in both 4* arenas. Great source of 4* & 5* shards once you can reach the higher ranks. There are other ways to get the shards, but I'll leave that job to others willing to explain.
  • Options
    LunarLunar Posts: 27
    Thanks.
    I try to do arenas, I just don't have the patience to just sit there and tap for hours on end doing it. I usually stop around 1 million points.

I can upgrade the Hawkeye, do you recommend to do so?
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Joining a good alliance that can hit SA scores weekly will help a lot with getting shards. Plus any shards that you get from alliance wars and such. I would absolutely upgrade that hawkeye though, since the 12.0 update he's a very useful champ to have especially since the only other power control champ you mentioned is unduped magik. She's still great but hawkeye drains a good amount of power on sp1 and does have a pretty strong bleed. I think you'll start to like him once you've used him a bit more.
  • Options
    Thank you! I'll upgrade him now.
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    edited June 2017
    If you refuse to join a communication app then I am sorry to say you won't be able to join a good alliance. Communication is one of the most important things when participating in alliance events. If they don't have a reliable way to communicate with you, then you become a liability. No one wants that in their alliance.

Bite the bullet and get the app, join a decent ally, strengthen your roster and as you grow you can either join stronger alliances or grow with your current alliance.
  • Options
    GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Hawkeye is underrated, his bleed and powerdrain is awesome, not like my first 5* who is Iron Patriot :'(
  • Options
    Iron Patriot isn't too shabby, it's 2nd attack is pretty decent. Not as good as Iron Man/Superior/Ultron, but it would be worse.
    I really wanted Moon Knight, Blackbolt, some Spiderman, Ultron, or Wolverine (Some of my personal favorites) but alas, after like 7 months, freaking Hawkeye...
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    what's wrong with hawkeye? a good bleed/powerdrain sp1 and he actually hits pretty hard for an archer.
  • Options
    Lunar wrote: »
    Iron Patriot isn't too shabby, it's 2nd attack is pretty decent. Not as good as Iron Man/Superior/Ultron, but it would be worse.
    I really wanted Moon Knight, Blackbolt, some Spiderman, Ultron, or Wolverine (Some of my personal favorites) but alas, after like 7 months, freaking Hawkeye...

I'm just afraid someday I might dupe him (especially from my 2nd 5* crystal cuz Kabam loves to troll)
    Nice wishlist, I was wishing for Yellowjacket, Elektra, Cyclops, Storm, Ultron nd Rocket Raccoon and then freaking Iron Patriot popped up when the crystal stoppped, although he hadn't appeared when it's spinning, I got trolled by Kabam
  • Options
    Elektra is so good, Storm is amazing, Ultron is fantastic. I think Rocket Raccoon is underrated, sure it doesn't have fantastic abilities but he's decent.
    I'd honestly have cried if I got something super terrible.
    What's your opinion on Groot? I was forced to use him since I got him duped and once ferocity hits he's pretty decent. Great defense, overrall decent champion
  • Options
    Groot: great champ for AW defense, debuff reduction or something. Causes a lot of buffs and unblockable sp2 regen

But just don't use Groot for offense, his damage isn't really great
  • Options
    Oh god his damage is terrible. I hated him when I got him as a 4*, now he's tolerable. I'm hoping for Nightcrawler, he's a pain to play against because of that freaking evade, imagine that as a rank 4 duped?
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    i hear non-duped NC is better
  • Options
    Really?
    I was trying to get Hyperion, but I got distracted and I'm only at 675,000, no way I'll get him :X
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I cannot believe this post.