**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* champs on specter nodes

belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
I was using my 6* gladiator hulk on the Corvus Glaive fight in uncollected mode which has specter on it which is a node that reverses healing since I was taking some block damage and adrenaline allows for healing even with block damage well instead of healing I was taking damage everytime I attack Corvus Glaive while adrenaline was active. Is this intended because is essentially yields 6* champs useless for certain content so it seems rather troubling to me. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Its working as the node intends. It reverses all healing.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Its working as the node intends. It reverses all healing.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    The node does say reverse all healing but since adrenaline can bypass heal block (which should stop all healing) it stands to reason Spector should not apply either. An argument can be made both ways.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Diirx wrote: »
    The node does say reverse all healing but since adrenaline can bypass heal block (which should stop all healing) it stands to reason Spector should not apply either. An argument can be made both ways.

Agree that's one of the biggest selling point from kabam that adrenaline can't be heal block because it doesn't count as health. Therefore you can't reverse what isn't health imo
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Can we get a mod to comment on this or at l ast bring it to the game team please?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    How much damage are we talking, here? Adrenaline seems to give the most benefit when using a special...the normal hits don't heal for much. And even if it did, spectre works in a cycle. When it's active, healing is reversed. Then it goes into cooldown for a while. You could always time your specials with the cooldown.

All that being said, I think saying that 6* champs are "useless" on spectre nodes is a bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say? I've used X-23 on plenty of fights that have spectre and while she will take some damage, she's far from useless. And her regeneration potential is way beyond what adrenaline is capable of.

However, I do agree that Kabam should at least comment on whether or not adrenaline can be reversed by spectre/phantasm/petrify debuff.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    How much damage are we talking, here? Adrenaline seems to give the most benefit when using a special...the normal hits don't heal for much. And even if it did, spectre works in a cycle. When it's active, healing is reversed. Then it goes into cooldown for a while. You could always time your specials with the cooldown.

All that being said, I think saying that 6* champs are "useless" on spectre nodes is a bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say? I've used X-23 on plenty of fights that have spectre and while she will take some damage, she's far from useless. And her regeneration potential is way beyond what adrenaline is capable of.

However, I do agree that Kabam should at least comment on whether or not adrenaline can be reversed by spectre/phantasm/petrify debuff.

Basically everyone I landed a hit adrenaline was active and normally as you heal up it goes away but since I was taking my healin as damage it just kept activating the adrenaline mechanic so if specter was up I took damage on all my attacks landed
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    This kinda reminds me of the case for Hood’s stagger. They can’t call it refresh separate cause Tenacity considers refreshing capped debuffs as new ones
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/46362/adrenaline-what-is-it-and-how-does-it-work

If your adrenaline is reversing healing due to specter then it's bugged. See above to see how adrenaline works.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Spectre doesn't affect adrenaline
    It didn't for me when I fought guillotine
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    belli300 wrote: »

Basically everyone I landed a hit adrenaline was active and normally as you heal up it goes away but since I was taking my healin as damage it just kept activating the adrenaline mechanic so if specter was up I took damage on all my attacks landed

Do you have willpower?

If you do, spectre will count as a debuff and attempt to heal you, but the healing will be reversed, meaning you'll be taking damage every half second while spectre is active. Maybe this is what was happening and you just thought it was adrenaline getting reversed?

Do you have video/screenshots of this?