**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should we really on youtubers for advice everytime we play?

we love watching youtube for tips but is it really wise to look to for them on everything we want to do just asking

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Probably best to look at all sources and take them with a grain of salt. Experience is the best teacher.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You should look to the forums, specifically me.
  • Options
    A4_AwesomeA4_Awesome Posts: 73
    that is true experience is the best teacher i watch youtubers just for fun not to learn how to play a game
  • Options
    i cant tell people what t9 do this is all to look for a general opinion bro
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    A4_Awesome wrote: »
    that is true experience is the best teacher i watch youtubers just for fun not to learn how to play a game

Sometimes people have more knowledge and experience than you and can answer your questions. I think anyone who has ever asked a question about the game from anyone would understand why a player might turn to experienced players like some of the streamers for advice.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Youtubers should get a real job! Since When saying obvious things had become relevant?
  • Options
    this is for you all to express your opinion domt mind what i say i
  • Options
    TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    No one's forcing you to watch them kid. You either do it or don't, up to you. And for some who are just starting out, it's not that obvious. For those it's great advice, to be honest.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Researching is never a bad thing, so long as you understand your sources. I have found some really good and really bad advice from youtube as well as here on the forums.

Some things are quantifiable (which quest/route gives the best ISO) and the evidence can speak for itself.

However, most things in MCOC are VERY subjective. "Who is the best champ" can be answered 100 different ways by 100 different people. The game is specifically designed that way, each champ has their strong and weak attributes, but what makes them really strong is how well the player can use them...

When it comes to following players on youtube, I often just look for insight into how certain champs match up and to learn more about how to utilize their abilities properly. Some champs are really straight forward and others are very nuanced. Learning how to play a champ properly is the first step in trying to build experience.
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Youtubers should get a real job! Since When saying obvious things had become relevant?

The youtuber's "job" is to be engaging and entertaining. I believe saying obvious things is only a hobby.
  • Options
    No one's forcing you to watch them kid. You either do it or don't, up to you. And for some who are just starting out, it's not that obvious. For those it's great advice, to be honest.

Bro i understand but this has nothing to do with i hate them i like to watch them for fun but some people put their entire gaming experience into trying to do what a youtuber did
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I think the thing I like most about the youtuber's videos is when they get a champ I don't have yet. It gives me more incentive to see if I want to get the champ later. Watching the videos on how much better a duped Rogue was pushed me to awaken her.
  • Options

Bro i understand but this has nothing to do with i hate them i like to watch them for fun but some people put their entire gaming experience into trying to do what a youtuber did

I don't recommend that at all. For one thing, banana peels taste horrible.
  • Options
    MaladarMaladar Posts: 22
    we love watching YouTube for tips but is it really wise to look to for them on everything we want to do just asking

YouTubers share their views and opinions, just like anyone else. You should get as much reliable info as possible and then form your own conclusions. Don't do anything just because X or Y says so.
  • Options
    Dave is the only youtuber creative and worth watching. His how to series are amazing for newbies.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    I'd recommend watching different ones from dork to rich each cover certain things and have different perspectives as thata all it comes down to hearing about a champ and watching it in certain. Users hands could show u different strategies also take all reviews with a grain of salt there are a few people in general who would say x champ is trash yet u still find said champ usefall
  • Options
    CYNDRDBODYCYNDRDBODY Posts: 252
    As a frequent watcher of youtubers like rich the man, mvincable,joel,dorky dave ,brian,and seatin i would say these fuys try their best to give EVERYONE the best input they can about the game they can. They dont raise cut off they dont belittle each other. Trying to please everyone cant be done. Look at what happened to london town he quit. Cause of the trolls. He wanted to just have fun with the game.

All on all. They give their best opinions as to what might be cut off or try to give us the best leaked info or what have you. If your in the state of the game with that is all.you relly on the that is your fault. This is a very technical game that requires a huge amount of skill,luck, and time. When youve played this games for years we've seen the good and bad. Arenas have sky rocketed for some champs for a reason. They have great utilities or are great champs for offense or defense. Aq realibale what have you . I couldn't grind for a champ to save my life for a very long time. Almost a year to compete with the big boys.

Try and understand it takes time and effort nothing is given to you in this game. I dont defend kabam in the fullest about every thing trust me. I hate on them to. If you like to play ,play! If you dont, then dont! Other than that see you and war or arenas. Dont hate on youtubes for trying to help you through a complex game . #bewarethe MEØW
  • Options
    all your opinions are great i made this discussiom up to get opinions because there are times people would cite evrything they know from youtubers and sometimes they are wrong but still i love watching it for fun and helpful advice
  • Options
    Jimbojames23Jimbojames23 Posts: 70
    I personally think watching others play can help you improve Providing you don't try to 'copy' how they fight, if you can take tips and hints from those videos and use them as little additions on top of your usual style of play then it can be a big help. It's also a good way of keeping up to date with anything going on in the mcoc world, the in game messages that kabam send can be very vague and catching up on the forums, blogs etc can be time consuming so watching their videos and streams usually brings new topics to the fore
  • Options
    BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 117
    edited June 2017
    I subscribe to Dave, Seatin, Brian, Rich, Annalyzer and a few others. All have different personalities and different styles of play. They all also have different content that is geared towards different aspects of the game....Brian has an in depth spread sheet for damn near everything he does in game (which I love because I'm a numbers kinda guy lol). Dave has awesome How to videos....Rich has his new MCOC news which rocks. Watching all of them will give solid insight into most in game aspects....but as others have said...nothing beats hands on play and in game practice....
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Don't watch them anymore, they are "only able" to play with 4/5 5S. If you want to show how strong a character is, use a 4/40 4S

Only watch Dorky sometimes coz he's funny
  • Options
    Yeah dave is the best one
  • Options
    Badrose wrote: »
    Don't watch them anymore, they are "only able" to play with 4/5 5S. If you want to show how strong a character is, use a 4/40 4S

That's a strange criticism, insofar as I don't see a lot of videos trying to show "how strong a character is" these days. But in terms of the channels I tend to watch most often, Seatin does the master mode monthly with 3* champs for a challenge. Dave does more videos on how to fight certain opponents, not how strong a particular champion is on offense. A lot of the gameplay I see on Brian's channel or the Analyzer include 4* champs, although the Analyzer does have a lot of very high end fights as well. The other streamers like Joel, Rezzident, mvince, and whoever else I'm forgetting off the top of my head, seem to have a reasonable cross section of fights using different champs.